“Excellent service, clean and pleasant” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Sterling Heights, MI
“Excellent service, clean and pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I'm a public speaker and we use this hotel for seminars. The staff is great and the rooms are very comfortable. I'm always treated well here and I look forward to using this property. This used to be a Clarion and it's in an office plaza with very convenient access to a FedEx box (drive around the back and you'll see a FedEx box outside one of the office buildings).

Room Tip: If you're a Gold member, the front desk will give you access to the 5th floor concierge lounge...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our facility. I will let Anne at our concierge lounge about your kind words. We look forward to have another opportunity to serve you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on separate occasions, as it was part of the tour group. Room is large, clean and well maintained. Wi-Fi connection was unstable. Buffet breakfast was so-so with minimal selection of scrambled eggs, bacon, and cold bread as the toaster wasn't working. Small lobby with only 2 lifts, which were small so we had to wait since our tour group was 30pax. Lobby tend to get very crowded if there are parties or conventions at the hotel or bar area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for providing feedback to the hotel. We have addressed the internet issue with our wireless internet service company, and for the past month we have not received further cases regarding internet. In order to better serve our guests, we have added an omelette station to our breakfast buffet! There will now be a chef at the breakfast buffet who cooks omelettes & waffles for you on the spot.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.
Barnegat, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here right before Sandy hit the Jersey Shore. We were to visit friends in North Jersey on Sunday and decided to stay here the night before. It is a business hotel. Very upscale. We immediately got an upgrade without asking. It was a Saturday night and the hotel was pretty empty. Very clean and staff was great. This is the second Crowne Plaza we have stayed with and will continue to stay with them.

Room Tip: Top floor. Very quiet. Very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our property, the Crowne Plaza Edison. I hope you keep us in mind and stay with us the next time you are in town visiting your friends.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This property is clean, well maintained, provides excellent parking. Rooms are larger than average and I found everything in working condition. I found the wait staff in the hotel restaurant to be very friendly and attentive -- the property must be very well managed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank for taking the time to write such a positive review about Crowne Plaza Edison. Our staff and management at Crowne Plaza Edison are trying everyday to stay in the Top 25 of all Crowne Plaza's in the US.
Shelby Township, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel lobby was poorly setup as an obstacle course for you and your luggage to the elevator. The room was large but full of old furniture and not well decorated. There seemed to be plumbing issues because the water kept coming back up in the sink and the toilet. Once again, the Crowne Plaza hotels in NJ are not up to the typical standards of this higher end brand. OH! And I brought a cockroach home with me in my luggage. Disgusting.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are sorry you do not like the lobby furniture.The whole hotel and lobby too, was renovated in the Fall of 2010. The furniture, while new can be described as more traditional and classic in design vs. the new hip and modern furniture.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I showed up to the hotel late after a four hour delayed flight to find they had incorrectly changed my reservation from the 3rd to the 13th. I was planning on staying for two weeks on business. On the next day, I found out they canceled my two week reservation and "weren't sure" if they had a room.
The room they did give me was above the ballroom with techno thumping all night.
The room was dusty and I killed two spiders.
Coffee and Shampoo were never replaced.
Staff is rude and unfriendly and always arguing with each other.
Elevator was broke but no signs put up.
The room service was fast, but SMALL portions and way overpriced. Food was mediocre.
The gym doesn't have a treadmill.
I went to a different hotel because 5 days was more than I could handle. When I checked out the staff was rude and talking under their breath. Don't stay here. It doesn't make you feel at home or comfortable. The only good thing was the HBO.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor. It's above the ballrooms and you'll hear techno thumpin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
First let me thank you for taking the time out of your busy travel schedule to write a review. It is only thru positive or other feedback that we can continue to grow as a managment team. Second, from all of the management and staff, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered. Please feel free to contact Greg Harlan, General Manager at gharlan@menlohotels.com or his direct dial phone number at 732-692-1216 to review your issues in more depth. By doing so it will allow us the opportunity to work with the appropriate departments and individuals to resolve any issues for the future.
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was here in May and I had a great experience. I was upgraded to the Executive Floor and enjoyed the lounge, a comfortable room and bed. Last visit, I would have given it a '5.' This time it was different. I was upgraded (which is always appreciated), but the Lounge was closed. No big deal. But, the bed was fairly saggy compared to last time and compared to the Danbury Crowne Plaza where I may have slept in the most comfortable bed ever. I enjoyed a very good room service meal - well cooked, delivered quickly. However, when I ordered a $4.50 side salad I expected more than five forkfuls. My largest frustration came with media. The WiFi was extremely slow, making it challenging to work. And, the television, while a flat screen was very small for an Executive Room, it did not swivel, so I could not move it to face the desk (Hey, I like to watch the Emmys!), and it was not in HD, so everything was extremely fuzzy. So, while the room and hotel was, overall, fine, it was disappointing in many of the "little" ways.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry we didn't live up to your expectations. It is only thru our guests valued feedback we can continue to grow as a premier hotel. I will bring your concerns to our Chef re: the salad and to our hotel ownership about the TV size being 32 inches and lacking Hi Definition.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Red Roof Inn Edison
#5 of 15 in Edison
3.5 of 5 stars 170 reviews
Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center

Been to Crowne Plaza Edison? Share your experiences!