“Front Desk Staff and Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Edison, New Jersey
“Front Desk Staff and Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I started recommending the Crowne Plaza to business visitors coming to the area in JUly 2011. The Front Desk team led by George Kovacs has worked tirelessly to accommodate my collegues and their needs. Many positive comments about the quality of beds and service. One gentleman stated he liked sleeping on the Crowne Plaza better than his one at home. If fortunate enough to rate an upgrade to the Executive Level, you will be treated to a warm and pleasant experience. I will continue to trust the Crowne Plaza with my visitors and will do so later this month with a group of more than 10 arriving in late August.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is only thru positive or other feedback that we can continue to grow as a team. I told George about your comments and he said to say thank you, greatly appreciated! We look forward to continue to host you and your groups.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I travel to NJ quite frequently for business & took a chance of selecting this hotel, instead my regular Hilton group Or Radisson chain of hotels, and got a very bad experience.
First of all, the moment I entered the Hotel, it was like some stinking smell, probably out of some sea food or /? -- all through out.
Immediately after I check-in, found out that my room AC is not functional, when outside was almost like 95F, it took them nearly 45 Minutes to attend / change my room, with my repeated requests. I had never seen such least-committed/disrespectful customer service, comparing to my other hotels.
Hotel Carpets, other fixtures looks like relatively very old, worn-out.
Restaurant: Never try that !!! Highly over priced, and too greedy people. If you spend like $15.00, they automatically add the Gratuity in your receipt, and top of that when you sign your credit card, you will find "Tips", most of the time you will miss that Automatic Gratuity part, and end up adding more into tips.
If you have a breakfast coupons, they will remind you repeatedly that Gratuity is not included.
Even thy Gym is just a regular one, most of the time you have to ask for Towells.
This hotel definitely needs improvements as well as they need to improve their customer's service and commitments. This is absolutely not worth of money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We have reviewed your concerns with our staff and developed an action plan to insure customer service response times and levels increase. Our hotel was fully renovated in the fall of 2010 thus I'm not sure exactly what you were referencing. If you would like to address your concerns directly, please contact Greg Harlan, General Manager or myself.

Travelers are raving about these Edison hotels

Oshawa Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were there for a family wedding, we booked 2 rooms for 3 nights. The rooms were clean
and the beds very comfortable.The rooms will need to be updated and carpets replaced
but otherwise our stay was great. The maid service was excellent and the staff were outgoing and friendly and helpful. We asked for extra pillows and the maid delivered them within 10 minutes. We used the pool and the area was clean and well taken care of. Overall we would recommend this hotel and the location is convenient to all amenities.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Crusheen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My partner and I travel very frequently and rarely do I feel compelled to write a review other than a positive one however that is not the case for our recent stay here. No acknowledgment of the fact that we are Priority Club Members when we checked in and no mention of the Concierge Lounge on our floor...The front desk staff were not at the desk the majority of the time and when they were they were too busy chatting to each other to pay attention to guests. Likewise the staff in the restaurant, the whole place seemed to be full of little cliques of staff chatting to each other in their own language and doing their level best to ignore the guests. The food was expensive and just about passable.
The bed was not made properly and the water and tea/coffee in the room were not replaced, dirty cup was left in the sink...Dirty room service dishes were left outside the room next to ours for 2 days.
The manager on duty was dismissive to say the least when I complained to the bartender (who was extremely helpful) about a beer I had been served (it was flat)
Possibly the most disgusting thing that I have come across in a long time was in the ladies toilets in the lobby area..the receptacle for feminine products was between 2 stalls and had no bag in it..someone in the stall next to me disposed of something in it and it fell straight through onto the floor in front of me !!!
There were 3 staff members who were shining stars in the establishment however...Anne the concierge, Mercedes the bartender and Tatiana front of house.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, nor will I stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is only thru positive or otherwise feedback from our valued guests that we can continue to grow and pursue excellence as a premier hotel team.

On behalf of the General Manager and whole staff of Crowne Plaza Edison, I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered. Please contact either the General Manager, Greg Harlan or myself at the hotel so we may gain further information to correct the matters you encountered with the appropriate personnel.
Deerfield, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

As another reviewer mentioned, this hotel lacks attention to detail. The lobby is beautiful and sparkling clean. The front desk staff was polite and helpful.

My main problem with this hotel is that it is not a 100% non-smoking property. When you put all the smoking rooms on the second floor, why on earth would you put non-smoking rooms directly above them??? It makes no sense. The furthest I could get from smoking rooms was the 4th floor, and the hallways still reeked of smoke. Thankfully, the room did not.

The rooms are nicely made up with VERY comfortable beds. As always, I appreciated the bleached linens and no icky comforter.

The furniture was showing wear and tear, as was the rest of the room. The curtains, chair, and especially the carpet were full of stains and tears. The bathroom was mostly clean, but there were smudges on the mirrors and mildew in the shower. I would not walk barefoot on either the carpet or the bathroom floor.

There was no mini-fridge in the room, which is almost unheard of these days.

The breakfast staff was very nice, but the breakfast left much to be desired. With a very limited menu, I would have expected everything to be delicious, but my eggs were cold and the hash browns were still frozen inside. My daughter had Belgian waffles, and when I tasted it I was disgusted to find out that they used fake whipped topping on it. For the record, though, my daughter liked it.

I will probably give the hotel another try, based solely on the fact that it is conveniently located. Maybe it was a fluke and I'll get a super-clean room next time. Fingers crossed!

Room Tip: If you hate the smell of smoke, make sure you don't get put in a room directly above a smoking r...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a trip review.

Please feel free to contact myself or Greg Harlan, General Manager regarding concerns that you have about the hotel. I would like to be able to know what room you stayed in so we may go inspect the room and make any necessary improvements, as all rooms have been renovated during the fall, 2010.

In regards to smoking: Please note all public areas are non-smoking. We do ask guests, via signage, to please smoke out in the courtyard area vs. in front of the hotel, so non-smoking guests do not have to walk thru the smoke to get into the building. Additionally out of 169 guest rooms, we offer only 8 smoking rooms, a very small percentage of our rooms, to accomodate our guests who still want to smoke.

Again, thank you for your response.
St. John's, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I liked the hotel room, the linens and the bed were great, and a very nice bathroom.

The one item that dropped by review so much was that the cleaning was not great. There was dried coffee stain on the dresser (I was able to wipe it of with a wet tissue, so it was simply not cleaned). This simple thing let me to question the cleaning of the rest of the room. It stuck in my mind after the first night.... it REALLY stuck in my mind after the stain was there after the next day of room cleaning! (I had to try cleaning it myself thinking it was something that wouldn't wipe off!).

The carpeted flooring through the hotel was dated and should be replaced, but that is an age thing... and I am sure coloured by my paranoia of the cleanliness of the hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review Crowne Plaza Edison. It is only through feedback both positve and otherwise that we can continue to grow as a team. I have taken the the matter to the housekeeping auditors and they apologized for the error in cleaning. Intercontinental Hotels Brands take cleanliness in high regard and have a rigorous training program that each hotel must maintain and we try our best to maintain those standards here. I have noted your comments about the carpeting but it was just replaced at the end of 2010.
Vicenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed here for our wedding and the rooms were fabulous and the staff willing to help with anything we needed. We were allowed use of the lobby for pictures, the front desk staff provided scissors and glue for a night-before craft project. The food in the restaurant is great. We had moved to a hotel closer to the reception site for convience, but we ended up moving back to the Crowne Plaza after only one night.

Room Tip: The executive suites are beautiful and come with a mini bar.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. It is thru positive or other feedback that we continue to increase our level of customer service.

Been to Crowne Plaza Edison? Share your experiences!