“A very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

2X Points Package
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Edgewater
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oneonta, New York
“A very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater for the first time. Our room was well maintained and comfortable. The free breakfasts were reasonably done. The location is fairly convenient to everything in Edgewater, and it is my understanding that there is a free shuttle to the ferry to Manhattan. The property is located within a condo-retail complex, and that might be of great interest to some. For us, the location was perfect to driving to Mitsuwa Marketplace and to the Bronx. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Pulaski, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were not familar with the area at all, therefore I chose the hotel based on the reviews from this site, turning down one that was closer to our desitnation.The "Good" the staff on duty the evening of our check in Thursday, March 7, 2013 could not have been more helpful nor patient. We had alot of questions and I had to go to the front desk several time, never once did the staff waiver when I bothered them and I was a bother. The" well that sucks". The reservationist was ESL and perhaps did ot understand me when I stated " it is important that we are not booked on a smoking floor, biggest peeve besides light shining in our window, which usually happens. When we travel it is usually for our daughters spoting events and she can not stand either. The staff gave us a card for a car service, as we did not want to try and find parking in NYC. The drivers also were ESL, the first trip car and driver great, the cost $63.00 from NJ to NYC, we used the service a total of 4 times and money was not the issue. The issue was that the drivers could not find the place we were going, thankfully they could read english and put the address into the GPS, down side they didn't pass that information onto the returning driver and they could not find us. This has nothing to do with the hotel just frustrating. Food fine, room clean, bed comfortable, even had a seperate setting room, which was good for our purpose. Would stay again, now that we know what not to do, Also GPS does not go directly to the hotel and it is hidden behind a shopping plaza, which also is a plus many stores and restrurants within in 5 minute walk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Paduas, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. We certainly appreciate you choosing our hotel and the kind words regarding our team members. However, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We will take your comments into consideration as we are continuously working towards a greater guest experience. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you return soon.
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the helpfulness of the staff during check in. She offered us a complimentary beverage from the cooler. And later when I came back down after I realized I was low on a toiletry item (which I was prepared to buy), she provided it to me free of cost. Breakfast was great and very well laid out with plenty of tables. The room is very spacious and the TV has HD channels. The location is awesome being across the river from NYC. There is also a brand new shopping area on the other side of the hotel, very convenient. I would stay her again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel, we look forward to serving you on your future visits to Edgewater! The City Place shopping center is one of the many great ways to spend your time while staying at our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your shopping experience as well as your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback, if we can be of any assistance on your next visit feel free to contact us.
Pittsburgh, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very satisfied with this hotel, and I am looking forward to my next trip to this hotel. Taly checked me in when I arrived around 9pm on a Wednesday night, and was great! I could not have asked for more from his hotel. They have a free breakfast, free parking and free internet access. Plus, if you want to do a little shopping, there is a lot of shopping right next to the hotel (short walk). With great places to eat for lunch. The hotel room was great. Feel like I hit a homerun finding this place.

Thanks!!!

Room Tip: A bus to NYC is a short walk (about 3/4 mile walk) away. Costs $4.25 per trip (one way). Drops you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Being described as "A Great Place to Stay" is a wonderful compliment to receive. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us. Taly and the rest of our staff will be glad to read about your feedback.

We make every effort to create a home away from home atmosphere, and will continually strive to provide our guest with the very best service possible.

Thank you for choosing The Homewood Suites-Edgewater, NJ.
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

When ever I need to wind down from a hectic work cycle or just need some quiet time with the man-friend this is the place to go!!!! I have been there twice and will make it my home away from home. Highly recommend. The suite is fully equip with everything you may need. Modern decor. The fitness room can use another bike and ab machine but in general it served its purpose. Up to date equipment, sanitary and available 24hrs. I stayed during July 2012 over night then returned to recover from a birthday bash in Feb. 2013 for a couple of nights. I'll be back!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel completely redeemed the Hilton name for us. I left a previous review on the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights. When we ran screaming from that place this is where we took refuge.

My family and I were in town for my job (decided to make a trip out of it) and needed a place to stay in/around Hasbrouck Heights. As previously stated, the Hilton in Hasbrouck Heights was a terrible experience for us. After quickly researching other hotels in the area we decided on Homewood Suites Edgewater. While it was further than I'd planned for my daily commute, it was well worth it.

When we checked in I told Yvette at the front desk (she's great!) what had happened at the other hotel we had fled. She gave us a discount on the room, which was a nice surprise! The have an amazing breakfast spread every morning in the lobby (make your own waffle bar, woo woo). The lobby/dining area was clean, cozy, and relaxing; it feels like you're at your favorite aunt's house or something (It's an extended stay hotel so that probably has something to do with it.) They also have a dinner on weeknights. Did I mention all the food is included?

The room we stayed in on the 8th floor had an AMAZING view of the NYC skyline. It was very clean and well maintained with cozy decor (didn't love the duvet cover though). It also had a small kitchen which was so convenient for a five day stay. The staff was so friendly and accommodating but not in an overbearing, cheesy way.

The location of the hotel was feature in and of itself. It is situated right on the river and it's just a few minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel (we were in and out of NY every day), or you can take a ferry across the river. All the charm of the NY skyline and quick commute without the prices or stress of the city. On the ground floor of the hotel, just around the back there's a ton of restaurants and shops (Panera, Chipotle, Victoria's Secret, Express, Bath and Body Works, etc.), even a movie theater!

The only issues we ran into were: (1) No bathtub, only a shower (my husband loves to soak and ponder life) and (2) Three nights in a row the fire alarm went off the middle of the night for quite some time and it couldn't be turned off until the fire dept. came with a special key. Upon checkout the manager heard my husband talking to a gentleman at the front desk that he had sort of become friends with about how annoying the fire alarm was. She then proceeded to comp one of our nights.

All in all I loved the experience we had here and would recommend it to anyone. For the price and the perks you just can’t beat it. THIS is what a Hilton is supposed to be; I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for a few days over New Year period Dec 12/Jan 13.
Staff extremely helpful, easy commute to New York, nice big comfortable rooms, very good food with free draught beer and wine with the evening meal.
All-in-all, excellent value and highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area? Share your experiences!