“NYC family Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
“NYC family Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The staff at this hotel is very polite & friendly. I had phoned two days before my arrival to request a room with a view of the NYC skyline, and was informed that I could not be assured that they could honor my request. Upon check in, I was told that I did get a room with a view.The rooms were clean, but the bathtub was somewhat older in appearance.
The NJ transit bus line is within walking distance, and is a 20-30 minute ride into the Port Authority in Manhattan.
There are a few restaurants nearby (Panera, Chipotle), but no bars.

Room Tip: Rooms above 2nd floor will have better skyline views
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We spent 7 nights here while visiting family in the area. All staff members were very pleasant to deal with-desk, housekeeping, etc. Complimentary breakfast and dinner was a nice surprise. Lots of variety and generally tasty food. Location is great-walking distance to restaurants and shops, plus the hotel's free shuttle will take you within a 3-mile radius. Just wish the hotel was 100% no smoking, but everything else was good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Horrible experience from the time of booking up until "check in". Booked this hotel because my family was having a wedding nearby and most guests were going to book here. Had I known then what I know now, I would've told everyone to save their money and go home! Booked my room through hotels.com and when it was time for check in, they didn't have my reservation. I had a confirmation number, card was CHARGED but they couldn't find my reservation!???! WORST FRONT DESK AGENT I HAVE DEALT WITH and I travel often. He was nothing but condescending and rude. Said they didn't have a reservation, hotel was sold out and there was nothing they could do for me and that was that. Imagine how thrilled I was to have to drive all the way back home after my brother's wedding because they lost my reservation. Hilton's official website is just as bad. Sent a complaint to customer service a month ago and never got a reply. Shows how much they value customer's feedback.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Paduas, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know of the problem with your reservation. I know how frustrating reservation problems can be and I do apologize for the inconvenience. After my team members assisted you with contacting the third party vendor you made reservations with we came to find that there must have been a glitch between our systems on why your reservation never made it to the property. This happened to be an unfortunate event since we were completely sold out and could not accommodate another reservation. We work closely with third party vendors and assure you that this was an isolated situation. I would love to hear from you in regards to the resolution from the third party vendor and invite any feedback you can provide us in order to assist us in ensuring this does not happen to another guest.
We work very hard at customer service and it upsets me to hear comments such as yours describing an experience that was less than satisfying.

Again, I apologize for your recent experience and hope you will give us another chance so we can show you the true level of hospitality we are known for.

Please feel free to contact me at 201-941-4700.
East Aurora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is a nice hotel when visting NYC. This hotel is in NJ; but very easy to get to the city by hoping on #158 bus,Buststop is very close to hotel and takes you right into the city in about 20 minutes.Hotel includes free breakfest and free parking.Also ask for a room with a view of the city.Very nice,

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of the city
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Heredia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel is Great, Restaurants, stores just behind the hotel. 5 mitus to Pier Imperial with free shuttle. Excellent service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed for two nights over the weekend, when I checked in the first thing I noticed was my room smelled like old fried fish. Not the greatest smell to greet you. I called the desk, explained the situation and they sent maintanence up right away and he installed a fragranced air filter which was great for about 3 hours and then the nasty smell was back. The maintanence guy explained they have a lof of long term stays in the building and they like to cook in there rooms and they cook some nasty stuff because he said he has smelled it too. Not really the hotel's fault, just unpleasant.

The room was clean, comfortable and perfect for my stay. If you want to take advantage of the breakfast in the moring go early! There was no room either morning, trays were empty so you had a limited selection with still two hours left in the breakfast service. The second morning I couldn't deal with the crowd, it was a bit much for such a small area, so I left for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Trumbull, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting our daughter who had a baby in the hospital up the road. The hotel was clean, friendly and comfortable. The room was a good size and the view of New York City from our window was beautiful at night. Parking was free. Breakfast was good each morning. The manager's reception was a nice added benefit in the evening. The food and wine served were good and the atmosphere was very relaxing after a long day. The stores in the area were nice to walk around and there were several places to get a bite to eat within walking distance. We noticed many guest taking local transportation to New York City each day. This hotel has to offer. Even if you may think that the rate is higher than you want to spend, with all the perks it averages out.

Room Tip: ASk for a room facing New York City.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area? Share your experiences!