“Place to stay for the night..that's it” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Hope Road, Eatontown, NJ 07724   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Toms River, New Jersey
“Place to stay for the night..that's it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is great just for a night to stay.

We stayed here after a wedding and found it to be sufficient. It is definitely not a top hotel nor does it try to be. The service was friendly, price was good and the room was clean. Close to GSP and has plenty of parking. Can't really go wrong for a nights stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenny F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Michael A,

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Tinton Falls! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you choose to stay with us again.

DoubleTree Tinton Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reading, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel was very clean and quiet. The bed is a little tough if you prefer a very soft mattress. A very old option for the price for an overnight stop-off. The hotel staff is very friendly, and there is a restaurant/bar in the lobby, which made our night much easier because we didn't have to drive to find food for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Patrick K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree Tinton Falls on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed your meal at Aqua Restaurant & Lounge. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My son and I had been driving for hours. It was dinner time. We were tired. I wasn't going to make my intended beach destination further south on the Garden State Parkway. We were in Eatontown, NJ, near Asbury Park. The beach hotels were pricey, so I googled hotels in the area and found the Hilton Doubletree in Tintan Falls. It is right off the parkway, but surprisingly quiet. Decent room, comfortable bed, very clean and fair value (given our options) for weary road trip travelers.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear MissMaryMary,

Thank you for your review of you stay at the DoubleTree Tinton Falls! We are glad we were able to provide you and son with a great place to relax after a long drive. We are happy to hear that you both enjoyed your accommodations, and we hope you choose to stay with us again.

Randolph, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I spent a night with my cousin. The one positive thing I can say is that it is clean. Other than that:

Checkin: I was told nothing at check in. I had to come back to ask about my honors points, breakfast, where things were. Front desk staff friendly and pleasant but not forthcoming.

Room: it was described as a two room suite but actually was a one room with a partition in the middle. Therefore, my cousin and I had no privacy and it was hard for us with differing sleep patterns, etc. Had I known this I would have booked somewhere with an actual 2 room suite, with two rooms and a door. Also the AC was in one f the "rooms" only, so one room was freezing while the other was hot. Not a comfortable night's sleep for sure. Also, there were open "doorways" on both sides of the suite so light streamed in with now way to block it out. Fine for a couple but tough for families or friends traveling together.

Breakfast: I guess I assumed the continental breakfast was included in the rate, but it was not. I don't mind paying for breakfast, but couldn't see paying $11 for just some cereal or toast.

All in all, unpleasant and a place I would never return to. I'm sure I could do better with all the other choices in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear sarhop,

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. It is very unfortunate that this was your experience with us at the DoubleTree Tinton Falls, as we greatly value all of our guests who stay here. We wish you the best in your future travels, and hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

East Windsor, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

With all the competition on the area, I am very surprised that this hotel doesn't up their customer service. I booked a block of rooms for the night before and night of my wedding and gave the hotel a lot of business - almost 40 room nights. The customer service was awful and I was told the bar would stay open until 2am the night of the wedding for our guests to come back and enjoy. When the first guests got there they were told it was last call and then the female bartender stormed off to the front desk and came back huffing and puffing and slamming doors. Izzy, the bartender, on the other hand was wonderful both nights and was a pleasure to all of my guests. We had many problems with billing which no one wanted to take responsibility for as well as movie charges on my guests bills. My 95 year old uncle could not get into his room either night due to a lock issue which was addressed with the front desk and never corrected and they still had the audacity to charge him for the room when he did not even sleep in it either night!

My guests were given breakfast vouchers, yet the staff was not prepared for the amount of people who came to breakfast. ALL of the chafing dishes and coffee pots were empty at the same time multiple times and when one of my guests asked for an omelette she was told it would take too long and they couldn't accomodate her request at that time. Why offer selections as such if you cannot keep up with demands? Then to top it off, they charged my parents for almost ten more people then we had show up for breakfast, so you're welcome to everyone who ate for free that morning on behalf of my parents because the hotel wasn't staffed properly to accomodate normal breakfast traffic and collect the vouchers that had been given to my guests.

Lydia was a huge help throughout the entire process and she and Izzy are the only members of the staff that I could commend and they both provided excellent service. As far as anyone else at the hotel, they should all be trained in hospitality and customer service.

The rooms in the hotel are very spacious, but you can hear everything going on throughout the whole floor! From my suite I could hear my family in their rooms five doors down and across the hall. The night of my wedding, my husband and I were given a very large suite due to the amount of revenue we brought to the hotel. The suite was enormous, but very barren. It had the same furniture as the smaller suite I had stayed in the night before and looked very empty. I also expected something considering it was our wedding night (a bottle of champagne, fruit platter, strawberries?) and we racked up over $1000 bar tab Saturday and Sunday night and almost 40 rooms, but there was nothing.

Many of my guests and I work in the hospitality industry and were very surprised with lack of customer service throughout the whole experience. The hotel is beautiful, the lobby and bar area are impressive and they seem to also have a lovely ball room, unfortunately the staff does not match up with the caliber of the hotel and we were extremely dissapointed. I would recommend that anyone look else where while staying in this area as there are many hotels in very close proximity.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenny F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear daniellejoy,

We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at the DoubleTree Tinton Falls. We were very busy the weekend of your stay, and unfortunately ran into issues at the restaurant, but there is no excuse for the service you received. We value all of our guests, and we are disappointed that this was your experience. This is not typical of the DoubleTree Tinton Falls, and we hope you consider staying with us again in the future so we can show you the exceptional service we are known for.

Tinton Falls, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed one night with my 96 year old mother. We had asked for a handicapped room for 3 adults. The handicapped room had one king size bed so we asked for a rollaway. No rollaway. We decided to settle for a regular room with 2 queens which meant she would not have a raised toilet nor access to the shower. Ok for one night. But the beds were VERY tall ... Hip high on a short lady. Getting up in the night was downright dangerous. Once you were in, the beds were quite comfortable, but we worried about safety. Why make the bed so high? The mattress and springs were 14 inches each plus the platform. We have stayed in six hotels on this trip and we did better at econolodge.

Advice to Doubletree.. A rollaway would have given us all the services we needed and the safety too.

Room Tip: No rating for kids or spa not applicable
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear joyce g,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree Tinton Falls. We apologize you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Unfortunately, we currently only have one roll-away bed at the property, but we are looking to order more soon. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, and we hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

King of Prussia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were here for a one night stay to attend an event at Monmouth University. The hotel is very close to the University and the beach. The pool was great for our family! Rooms were spacious and well appointed. Great beds!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear MomofHandH,

Thank you for this amazing review of the DoubleTree Tinton Falls-Eatontown! We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and had a great time at the pool. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

DoubleTree Tinton Falls-Eatontown

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown? Share your experiences!