“Comfortable for staying near relatives” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Hope Road, Eatontown, NJ 07724   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Eatontown
Orange County, California
“Comfortable for staying near relatives”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

We got a great rate through Hotwire -- so low that I reserved one room for myself and my husband, and a second room for our two teenage daughters. The location is very easy to find (a snap to get on the expressway), the staff were friendly, capable, and offered fine assistance in locating nearby restaurants. The rooms were furnished in typical Holiday Inn style (functional, clean). However, I do heartily wish they would upgrade their room heaters. We stayed in the winter, and to keep the room warm, we had to endure the loud wall heater all night long.

• Liked — close to Expressway, close to where my relatives live, good deal on Hotwire
  • Disliked — loud heaters in rooms
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

347 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

Even though this is an older hotel everyone from check in, housekeeping, bar and restaurant did a great job making our stay very comfortable. Everyone was so nice and accomodating and going the extra mile to make sure we had what we needed. I hear they are going to renovate this property very soon and I can only imagine how great it will be once it is complete. Great Team!!!
I will definitely come back at stay at this Holiday Inn again.

Stayed October 2007
OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The lounge and restaurant were good with a sports theme and reasonable drink prices. The rooms were clean and spacious. Internet worked fine and the front desk staff was very helpful with directions. I would recommend staying here and the desk clerk told me they were getting ready to start a major renovation in December. I look forward to seeing the results. Keep up the good work and I'll be back.

• Liked — Restaurant/Lounge
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

I stayed at this property with my family from Bergen County, NJ for a local soccer tournament. After my one night stay, I awoke the following morning with a slight rash on my stomache, back and underarms. At first I ignored it, thinking it was an allergic reaction. But as the day progressed, the rash became itcher and itcher and more pronounced. Upon returning home, I immediately saw a dermotologist, whose first words to me were "Did you recently stay in a hotel?" I WAS COVERED IN BED BUG BITES. I immediately contacted the general manager of the Holiday Inn, and faxed him medical documentation of my condition. HE BARELY CARED, ESSENTIALLY TOLD ME I WAS WRONG, AND DIDN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT (except credit my American Express $50 for my trouble!) I wasn't calling to get back $50, I was calling to prevent any further hotel patrons from experiencing this type of disgusting situation. I spent the next few days in fear that I had brought these bugs back into my home. I cannot stress what a horrible experience this has been, and I only stayed there for one night. I cannot warn everyone enough: STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROPERTY!!!! It is unclean, and management really doesn't care!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2007
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn in Tinton Falls, NJ over the 4th of July holiday. I reserved the room through [--]. At check in, my requests were granted; non-smoking king, top floor.
The front desk people I dealt with were friendly and courteous. The room was so big, I thought they needed more furniture; it actually looked like it was missing something due to its size!!
The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Due to bad weather, I was unable to use the pool. It looked small, but inviting. My only real complaint was that there was no ventilation in the hallway. The walk from my room to the elevator almost required me to take another shower!! I mentioned that to the front desk clerk at checkout, and she made a note of it. I have no reason to believe it will not be fixed. All in all an enjoyable stay.

• Liked — Spacious Room; location
  • Disliked — Hot hallway
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

Room was clean, the maids do a good job, the one I was in was quite spacious. No fridge or microwave in the room. Wireless internet, but on the 5th floor the connection speeds were slow at 11 mbps and by the pool 5 mbps. But still had a connection! No business center. There is a small gym with a treadmill, bike and stair climber and a few weight machines. Breakfast buffet was pricey for what it was; $9.99 on the weekdays plus 2.95 for juice, coffee was included. $12.99 on the weekend. Only a 5 minute drive to Ft Monmouth and the Monmouth Shopping Mall is 5 minutes away as well. Front desk staff was ok, but not overly helpful or friendly. Was supposed to stay for 12 days, stayed 7, checked out early and went to the Marriot down the road.

Stayed June 2007
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Tinton Falls, NJ for a friend's wedding in late April. Apparently there were a few events going on at the hotel that day and it took ONE HOUR to check in!!!!

If the hotel knew they were going to have multiple events, they should not have had only 3 people at the check in counter. Especially when one of them was new and kept asking the other lady for help on the computer!!! We were probably 10th in line and it took us one full hour to get up to the check in counter.

Everybody in line was sweating and crowded in the lobby. It was an awful experience.

The rooms were average Holiday Inn Rooms, but the hallways smelt like an old smoky bowling alley. Very unpleasant for non-smokers. The carpet looked old and grungy. The toilet also did not flush properly.

I must say however, some of the other wedding guests booked rooms at the hotels & motels next door and they were 100X worse than this one! One of the other guests chose the Red Roof Inn, which was behind this Holiday Inn and they said it was the shadiest place with dark, creepy parking lot and full of drunk people. The other stayed at the Sunrise Hotel next to the Red Roof Inn and they overbooked the rooms so they offered the last "room" which had a caved in ceiling. After complaining with disgust, they sent them to the Red Roof Inn for free.

So even though the Holiday Inn had bad service and a bad odor, I think I would chose it over the other two nearby options.

Or better yet, do NOT stay in Tinton Falls at this intersection!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Inexperienced Staff, Long Wait Time, Nasty smokey hallways
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown? Share your experiences!