“A place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Eatontown
Washington, DC
“A place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel, like most in its' class offers a place to stay and tries to create a relaxing environment. For the most part, this hotel suceeds.

The beds are comfortable and the room itself is comfortable.

My only concerns are the lack of lights in the outer part of the parking lot-can be a safety concern when coming into the hotel late at night.

The staff is very nice and tries to accomadate the guests. I also like to exercise room-far better than other hotels in the area.

The week day morning breakfast is free and as others have noted, provides hot eggs and potatoes but no meat. I do wish that the free breakfast was extended to include the weekends but it is what it is.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear celticgirl_10,

Thank you for leaving us feedback on your experience. The parking lot lighting situation has been addressed. Many of the lights were knocked by the series of wind storms ranging from Sandy to a couple of Nor'easters. They have all since been repaired. Guest safety and security is our utmost concern.

We hope if your travels bring you back to the Jersey Shore, that you will stay with us again.

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sea Bright, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Dear Sheraton Staff, and Manager Tom;

Thanks for doing all of the wonderful things you have done for me!!
Thanks for EXTENDING MY STAY, over and over! Now through the end of the year! I wanted to do more than just say it, so I posted what I think about this hotel! The posting is below. Please share it with the staff? Thanks again from the bottom,m sides, and top of my heart! See below, and signed below!

GREATEST HOTEL ON THE JERSEY SHORE...... The Sheraton Eatontown!!!!!!
EVERY employee from housekeeping staff... especially Kim, the manager, to the Concierge staff, especially Mikaleana to the awesome doorman/help everyone with anything including smile.. Kevin, to the front DESK, especially Miraculous Melissa, to the sales team, Samantha, , and cannot leave out outstanding management, and TOM, General Manager is So kind, understanding, and care so very much about his customers, and obviously his staff, because 100% of their staff is EXEMPLARY!!!!!!!

They also have WELCOMED every person hurt and homeless by accepting FEMA, and trying to ensure everyone can stay until they have a place to go! They have been UNBELIEVABLY good to EVERYONE!!! THESE People DESERVE Major amounts of CREDIT!!! KUDOS, to THE BEST RUN HOTEL I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISTINCT PLEASURE OF STAYING IN, AND BEING A MEETING PLANNER, THERE HAVE BEEN THOUSANDS!!! THIS IS THE HOTEL WHO DESERVES THE 5 STARS!!!

Thank you all, and may your kindness be returned trifold to each and every one of you!

Sincerely and Fondly,
Cathy Mestman

Room Tip: The rooms are all great!!! Ask for Melissa at the front desk! She is amazing!!! Corner rooms are...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Cathy,

Than you for taking the time to leave your kind words. I have shared your experience with the staff. It's always a pleasure to be the bearer of good news. We hope that your luck turns and your home is ready soon as much as we've enjoyed having you as our guests. Best wishes for a fantastic 2013.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is your standard renovated Sheraton offering in an old building with recent renovations. The renovations are nice the room is up to date with nice large LCD TV, great bed and pillows, Free Wi-fi and free breakfast buffet (no meat only eggs, potatoes and continental - fairly blah). The building as I said is old so you still have the low popcorn ceiling and old bathroom setup and the hallway wallpaper is pretty horrendous. My tub never drained so I showered in ankle deep water although that was probably just my room (who knows). The bar is nice and the staff is courteous and professional throughout the facility. Workout room is also standard per Sheratons recent renovations with 3 treadmills, 3 exer-cycles and 3 elliptical machines plus dumbbells and one bench. All machines are state of the art and new and the room itself is very modern and nice. The location is pretty lacking as there's nothing close by except for Monmouth mall which is a pretty great mall but beyond that dont expect much. If you're looking for a business stay and the location works for you this is better than decent. If you're looking for a vacation or romantic stay look elsewhere, the surroundings alone would kill the whole vibe.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear ricknieto,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We also appreciate you being our guest. The engineering team could have quickly addressed any issues with the tub. We ask that our guests inform the front desk agents and they will arrange to have a fix in place at a time that is convenient to you.

Sheraton Eatontown is located in a business park and convenient for our Sunday through Thursday corporate guests. A complimentary shuttle is available to all of the really fun places within 5 miles of our hotel. This includes the beaches in Long Branch, Pier Village, Monmouth Park and a number of other attractions and restaurants. Hopefully travels will bring you back to the Jersey Shore soon and we hope you will stay with us. Feel free to contact me if you'd like any info on what to do/see while you are here.

Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have spent the last month here at the Sheraton Eatontown as a result of the recent storm damage to our home, so we have gotten to know the place well.

Our room was spacious and comfortable, and the maids keep it clean for us everyday. The free paper and the free week-day breakfast (not just a continental breakfast) were both appreciated.

We spend a lot of time in the hotel as we have also moved our work location here because of the storm damage. The free wireless internet in our room and around the hotel has been very helpful. We did not use the computers and printers which were available, but noticed that a number of guests did, and they seemed to work well.

I have enjoyed using the exercise room each day, and we have eaten many of our meals in the two dining areas. All with satisfactory results.

The staff is cheerful and helpful, which we greatly appreciate as we settle into our "new normal"!

We are very please with the hotel, which is a good statement after all of the time we've spent here.

We will miss many of the staff which we have come to know, better than we ever expected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Joe G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We really appreciate it. I have shared it with the hotel team. The circumstances that have brought your family to ours are unfortunate but everyone in the hotel has enjoyed getting to know you all. It is unusual to say this, but we hope you will be leaving us soon for your new home. You are welcome back anytime and hopefully for a more pleasant reason.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I work for Fema in our Billeting Dept. to place our employees in this property which was/is a task in itself. I had/have the pleasure of working with Samantha Johnson; she has bent over backwards and has done all she can for us. In addition to Samantha, she has a great staff working with here!! They are Adrian and Melanie who stand in for her every step of the way!!! Also, I take my hat off to the chef and his staff because they actually changed the breakfast time just for us!! Thank you all for working with us; I know it has not been an easy ride....hang in there with us!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Sherri N,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I have shared your comments with the entire team on property. You and your team have been a pleasure to work with. We look forward to accommodating your colleagues and continuing to work with you throughout the disaster recovery. If we can assist you in any way further, don't hesitate to reach out.

Malibu, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

After reading many of the previous reviews, I entered my room with great caution, inspecting everything to make sure there wasn't a problem that would make me want to change rooms. Everything looked ok and I had a very comfortable 3-day stay.

The walls are thin and I could hear a normal conversation in the next room at one point, but other than that I didn't hear anything. The wifi worked great. The bed was very comfortable.

The free breakfast buffet had everything you would expect (eggs and potatoes included but didn't see meat, which you can order as a side off the menu). The added advantage with the breakfast over a Hampton or other places is you are eating in a real restaurant with tablecloths and very nice servers who will bring your coffee and juice to your table, or take your order for anything additional that you want off the regular menu. With big glass walls around the restaurant area, I enjoyed looking at the colorful fall leaves. The buffet does end at 9, not 10 like most places, so that is something to remember. That is a breakfast-only cafe; I didn't eat in the other restaurant/bar.

Yes, it's old, and must be on a list somewhere for a future makeover - which is why I can only give it a 4, not a 5 - but it still felt like a Sheraton to me and at a good priceline rate, I thought it was a good value. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear msmalibu,

It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Due to Hurricane Sandy and the devastating effect it has had on the Jersey Shore, plans for our renovation are currently on hold. We are focusing on accommodating the disaster recovery teams and our fellow residents displaced from their homes. Once the need in the area subsides, we will move forward.

We hope when your travels bring you back to the Jersey Shore, you'll stay with us. We appreciate your business.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a tired hotel from the moment you enter but it is functional and to be honest I quite liked it. The prices reflect the expectation and we stayed in the club rooms which were ok. It's not a 5 star hotel Sheraton and is barely 4 stars but we had 2 good nights sleep so for me it was nice. The restaurant was poor so we went out and found better. Tried to use the Spa and fancied a swim so set off and was horrified to see none of it clean...from the towels left everywhere around the swimming pool...to changing rooms that smelt and were disgusting....if I my kids had wanted a swim I would have gone ballistic but instead thought I would let you share in some pictures. Management at this hotel needs to be fired as this just not right and I bet this is the normal at this hotel so maybe I let one of their inspectors know so that will happen. Sorry for anybody with kids that had this experience.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Blasterchris,

I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay. Your feedback is appreciated has been shared with the appropriate managers to address. It can only help us improve in the future.

Our indoor pool is one of the hotel features that our guests enjoy most so it sees a high volume of use at random periods throughout the day. Our team works hard to keep the pool area clean and stocked. It appears we were a little behind on the date of your stay but this is atypical.

If you have any feedback you'd like to share with me personally you can reach me at byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com.

Sheraton Eatontown Hotel

Been to Sheraton Eatontown Hotel? Share your experiences!