“Ok but the Spa is a joke. Please read” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Eatontown
“Ok but the Spa is a joke. Please read”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a tired hotel from the moment you enter but it is functional and to be honest I quite liked it. The prices reflect the expectation and we stayed in the club rooms which were ok. It's not a 5 star hotel Sheraton and is barely 4 stars but we had 2 good nights sleep so for me it was nice. The restaurant was poor so we went out and found better. Tried to use the Spa and fancied a swim so set off and was horrified to see none of it clean...from the towels left everywhere around the swimming pool...to changing rooms that smelt and were disgusting....if I my kids had wanted a swim I would have gone ballistic but instead thought I would let you share in some pictures. Management at this hotel needs to be fired as this just not right and I bet this is the normal at this hotel so maybe I let one of their inspectors know so that will happen. Sorry for anybody with kids that had this experience.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Blasterchris,

I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay. Your feedback is appreciated has been shared with the appropriate managers to address. It can only help us improve in the future.

Our indoor pool is one of the hotel features that our guests enjoy most so it sees a high volume of use at random periods throughout the day. Our team works hard to keep the pool area clean and stocked. It appears we were a little behind on the date of your stay but this is atypical.

If you have any feedback you'd like to share with me personally you can reach me at byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com.

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel has some of the best customer service I have experienced. It is a nice hotel, a bit older, but nice. However, I cant believe how excellent I was treated as a platinum spg member. They really made me feel like my loyalty was important.

My nephew was getting married and I booked two nights in a suite. One with cash - one with points. My request for my platinum upgrade was to simply stay in the suite both nights. They did me one better. They honored my request and then knocked my room rate down to the wedding party rate! This was half price! I was simply speechless.

I also got personal service from DAN the shuttle driver. Twice. I was helping my daughter the flower girl get ready and everyone ended up leaving for the wedding venue without me. Dan saved me and got me to the wedding on time! He had already driven out to the wedding venue and drove me right back out. Thanks Dan! We also couldnt get into our room the first time we tried because the lock on the door wouldnt work. Dan walked back and forth to the front desk to get me new keys so I didnt have to carry all my bags around. Dan is the kind man.

I would definitely return. My only negative comment is the carpet could use an upgrade.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Defender09,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on the hotel. We really appreciate it and are pleased that you had a wonderful stay. I printed out your review and gave Dan a copy. Reading your words made his day. We hope if travels bring you back to the Jersey Shore you'll stay with us again.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

starting with front desk adrian lorreta kim michael kate so willing to help maintance man mechanic neil in the bar greg and in rest.susan liz all willing to make your stay terrific loved the service room service quick pool and hot tub perfect fun at karioke on the weekend

Room Tip: the suite or club floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear neil820,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience with us. It was kind of you to mention our team members by name and appreciated by them all.

We hope to welcome you back to Sheraton Eatontown and the Jersey Shore soon.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night and got a good rate via Priceline. We had no expectations after reading through the previous trip advisor reviews and were pleasantly suprised with the hotel.

There is lots of free parking in front of the hotel, check in was fast and efficient. The lobby and most of the public areas seem modern. We found everywhere to be clean. There are computers to use and a printer in the lobby area.

Our room was large, bed comfortable, coffee maker in room, free wifi throughout the hotel which was wonderful. The only thing we didn't like is the ugly rail that runs the length of the bath. The wallpaper and paintwork in the room corridor was funky and from the 1990's, it must have been very good quality as it has lasted well! It seems they are planning a refurb to start soon if you read through previous reviews on here.

We had no noise from weddings, parties, or fire alams as other reviewers have mentioned. In fact it was a nice quiet stay.

We arrived at the breakfast room at 9.04am and the staff could not have been nicer to us, they let us choose our breakfast, from the large selection, before they started clearing everything away, brought us orange juice and coffee, and we did not feel rushed.

Thanks Sheraton Eatontown we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sandancer56,

We are so glad to hear you decided to stay with us and enjoyed your stay. The time you took to leave feedback on your experience is appreciated.

The hotel is in fact scheduled to undergo a renovation to address some aesthetics. Thank you for mentioning the staff, we all enjoy seeing compliments from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My friend found this place, on line for a great price on Labor day weekend. We only stayed one night. It was a Friday. It was about 10 miles from the beach, which was fine with us. ( We found a great little deli for sandwiches on the way) The room was next to the ice machine which we did not hear at all. The carpet in the room was very worn, but for 60 bucks, on labor day weekend, who cares. The A/C worked, but could of been cooler. Since we both had a little sunburn. The hotel was about a block from the Red Lobster! It looked like they had a bunch of weddings there. They did let us check in earlier that 4pm. The gps had terrible directions and we were going around in circles and threw a mall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear sunshine 541,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us. We're just wondering where you decided to go to the beach? The beaches in Long Branch and Pier Village are only 5 miles from the hotel and our complimentary shuttle services this location.

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and time at the Jersey Shore. If your travels bring you back to the area, we hope you will stay with us again.

Vero Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

A dIsgrace to the Sheraton name ... Had called ahead to request extra cleaning of room due to my dust mite allergies. First room, nonetheless, was very dusty. Second room also was dusty -- with obvious water damage to ceiling with brown mold. Requested to be moved to top floor, identified by housekeeping as the cleanest. Was offered alternatives of a third floor room that was being 'cleaned' or to find another hotel for myself. Dead silence when I requested assistance with finding another place to stay.

A horrible & hideous experience!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere ... Staybridge suite next door is much cleaner.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear JB,

We are so very disappointed to hear we were unable to accommodate you on your recent stay and appreciate your feedback. It has made us more aware of the sensitivities our guests endure when trying to manage allergies. I am sorry we were unable to meet your needs and expectations. All of your stated concerns will be addressed appropriately.

Our commitment to guest service and satisfaction starts at the top and is equally strong throughout the entire hotel team. If your travel plans bring you to the area again, please contact me directly and I will ensure your requests are met.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com
732 460 3959

Travelers are raving about these Eatontown hotels

Little Falls, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed overnight on a Saturday for a Sweet 16 held here. Very good location on major road close to Shore points. Plenty of parking nice front desk & lobby area. Easy check in with staff that's polite, professional, efficient & extra helpful. It's a busy place with weddings, other parties, beachgoers, families, couples & singles. The decor, furnishings & bathroom in our room were dated but spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable & no noise from other rooms, a pleasant surprise given how busy the hotel was. The rates were very fair, good value. A nutty/interesting & entertaining late night Karaoke scene in the lobby bar. Overall a fine choice & a good stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear bartman113,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. I have shared your comments with the staff and management. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If your travels bring you back to the Jersey Shore, we hope to welcome you back.

Sheraton Eatontown Hotel

Been to Sheraton Eatontown Hotel? Share your experiences!