“6 Flags vacation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in East Windsor
Baltimore, Maryland
“6 Flags vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hotel is very clean and convenient to 6 Flags. The breakfast attendant was very nice and helpful. My only problem was 2 different front desk employees.
The front desk told me earlier that day that I could buy 6 Flags tickets at the desk up until 11pm. There was a wedding going on and of course a lot of hustle and bustle going on, but nothing at the front desk. It was about 9pm and I asked the guy at the front desk if it was a good time to help me with purchasing tickets. He responded very rudely as if I was bothering him and said he was very busy, but there wasn't anyone checking in, just people in and out of the lobby area for the wedding reception that was taking place. He told me I would have to wait and buy them in the morning.
Good thing I decided to ignore it and go upstairs to my room, because I found a WAY better deal with a promo code on my laptop. I went back downstairs to print the tickets and the printers weren't working. I asked the night auditor if he could help me and he said no. I pleaded with him to let me at least send them to his private email so he could print them behind the desk and he again told me he wouldn't do that. I had to call a friend at home, email them to her, and then have her fax the tickets. I asked the auditor for the fax #, and after waiting at the front desk for about 20 minutes and asking him about the fax he told me that the fax machine rarely works and he forgot to turn it on!! It took me almost an hour to get the faxed tickets.

The rest of the staff seems nice.

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our family stayed here Aug. 23 & 24 while visiting six Flags Great Adventure. It was conviently located just off the NJ Turnpike, so we were able to hop on and off to get to Six Flags. We arrived early and they were able to check us in, which was so nice. My kids enjoyed the pool (although it was kinda cold.) I didn't think it was very convenient to alot of restaurants. The hotel itself does have a restaurant but we thought it was a little pricy for our budget. We did find places to eat but they weren't a hop skip and a jump from the hotel and if you're not from around this area, even with our GPS we found ourselves getting turned around alot. Nevertheless, we did find a nice little hole in the wall called Sabrina's that serve pizza by the slice and have very good subs (they have coupons downstairs in the hotel's lobby area.) Overall we enjoyed our stay. I booked this through Hotel Planner and probably won't use them again because when all was said and done, I don't think I got a real good deal.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The hotel did not cut out any of the basic amenities as the room had wifi, a fridge, flat screen tv, good room service, large room, good placement of air con, plenty of lighting, safe, a pool, and other items. We didn't hear any outside noise during the two nights we stayed, not even hallway noise. Would highly recommend when going to six flags.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for sleep between 2 car trips, service was exeptionnal, bed was so nice and everything was fine. A little expensive but you have to pay to have this quality. Location is good too, close enough of the parkway, easy to find and big easy acces parking. I do recommend this hotel to everyone who is willing to pay to sleep well and have quality.

• Stayed August 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was on my way to Vermont from VA and just needed a quick stop for some sleep halfway. I booked this hotel the morning I left and arrived that night around 10:30 or so. It was pretty much right off the Turnpike which was nice, and seemed to be a good deal based on other hotels I had seen in the $150 range. The parking lot was pretty packed when I arrived but it was HUGE so I had no problem finding a spot. It seems there was some type of group party or something happening when I walked in but after dodging a few people I was able to check in within 5 minutes. The guy working the desk was very polite and there was also a young lady there helping guests on the phone, and alerting housekeeping to take care of towel requests, etc. It was obvious they were on the ball which is a major plus, seeing how most hotels will take an hour to answer the phone much less get you what you need. Everything was very clean, and my room was nice as well, no issues. One of the best things was the Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime lotion and Shampoo/Conditioner in the bathroom; my favorite scent! I was asleep pretty quick and woke up before 5am to check out but overall it was an enjoyable stay. I generally stick to Hampton Inn's but didn't want to pay that much for a quick stay, and I think I really lucked out here. Only downside...no free breakfast!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were in town for Six Flags Great Adventure and just needed a place to crash. Holiday Inn East Windsor was perfect--clean, reasonable priced, very comfortable beds! Next time we are in town, we know where we will be staying again!!!

Teaneck, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was the fourth time we stayed at this hotel due to its proximity to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor. Every time the service is getting worse and the swimming pool is getting dirtier and dirtier. This time around our room was not made up at all. The housekeeper came in at around 4:00pm (!), pretended to clean the bathroom, took the soaking wet towels and left 2 sets of towels for a family of four. Every time we checked into the hotel, there were not enough towels to begin with and this time was not different. When I asked the housekeeper to please make the beds, he pretended he didn't understand and slowly backed out of the room, taking the vacuum cleaner he didn't use without making the beds or taking the garbage out. I also fail to understand why we got a room all the way at the end of the 3rd floor when the hotel was clearly not that full. Not sure if we will use this location again, the breakfast buffet doesn't offer that much for $13 / per person and the wait staff, with one exception, wasn't all that friendly. I asked the server for tomato juice and apple juice and she got all pissy with me. The area around the pool is quite dirty and the pool itself could use a good scrubbing around the edges.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hotels_Unlimited, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear EofG,

We at the Holiday Inn of East Windsor would like to take this time to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while staying with us. If in the event that you should experience any questions or concerns, it is always best to seek help from management who can immediately assist you.

Our housekeeping staff is scheduled from 8am-4:30pm. Since your room was located near the end of the third floor, it is not surprising that housekeeping arrived around 4pm. Our maintenance staff is also responsible for cleaning the pool twice a day. During the summer season, many of our guests take advantage of our outdoor pool and our staff does our best to maintain cleanliness.

As always we wish our TripAdvisor audience the happiest of travels and to always contact management in the event of a question or concern. Together we can work towards achieving the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2013.

Thanks,
Holiday Inn East Windsor.

Been to Holiday Inn East Windsor? Share your experiences!