“Quick Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Windsor
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Quick Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was on my way to Vermont from VA and just needed a quick stop for some sleep halfway. I booked this hotel the morning I left and arrived that night around 10:30 or so. It was pretty much right off the Turnpike which was nice, and seemed to be a good deal based on other hotels I had seen in the $150 range. The parking lot was pretty packed when I arrived but it was HUGE so I had no problem finding a spot. It seems there was some type of group party or something happening when I walked in but after dodging a few people I was able to check in within 5 minutes. The guy working the desk was very polite and there was also a young lady there helping guests on the phone, and alerting housekeeping to take care of towel requests, etc. It was obvious they were on the ball which is a major plus, seeing how most hotels will take an hour to answer the phone much less get you what you need. Everything was very clean, and my room was nice as well, no issues. One of the best things was the Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime lotion and Shampoo/Conditioner in the bathroom; my favorite scent! I was asleep pretty quick and woke up before 5am to check out but overall it was an enjoyable stay. I generally stick to Hampton Inn's but didn't want to pay that much for a quick stay, and I think I really lucked out here. Only downside...no free breakfast!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were in town for Six Flags Great Adventure and just needed a place to crash. Holiday Inn East Windsor was perfect--clean, reasonable priced, very comfortable beds! Next time we are in town, we know where we will be staying again!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Teaneck, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was the fourth time we stayed at this hotel due to its proximity to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor. Every time the service is getting worse and the swimming pool is getting dirtier and dirtier. This time around our room was not made up at all. The housekeeper came in at around 4:00pm (!), pretended to clean the bathroom, took the soaking wet towels and left 2 sets of towels for a family of four. Every time we checked into the hotel, there were not enough towels to begin with and this time was not different. When I asked the housekeeper to please make the beds, he pretended he didn't understand and slowly backed out of the room, taking the vacuum cleaner he didn't use without making the beds or taking the garbage out. I also fail to understand why we got a room all the way at the end of the 3rd floor when the hotel was clearly not that full. Not sure if we will use this location again, the breakfast buffet doesn't offer that much for $13 / per person and the wait staff, with one exception, wasn't all that friendly. I asked the server for tomato juice and apple juice and she got all pissy with me. The area around the pool is quite dirty and the pool itself could use a good scrubbing around the edges.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hotels_Unlimited, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear EofG,

We at the Holiday Inn of East Windsor would like to take this time to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while staying with us. If in the event that you should experience any questions or concerns, it is always best to seek help from management who can immediately assist you.

Our housekeeping staff is scheduled from 8am-4:30pm. Since your room was located near the end of the third floor, it is not surprising that housekeeping arrived around 4pm. Our maintenance staff is also responsible for cleaning the pool twice a day. During the summer season, many of our guests take advantage of our outdoor pool and our staff does our best to maintain cleanliness.

As always we wish our TripAdvisor audience the happiest of travels and to always contact management in the event of a question or concern. Together we can work towards achieving the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2013.

Thanks,
Holiday Inn East Windsor.
Blair, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I came to this property from the Days inn also in East Windsor. This was a good clean room. The staff were VERY accommodating. There were minor issues as happens sometimes regarding a team of little league players, this was beyond the control of the staff. Efforts were made to correct this to no avail. The breakfast was better than most hotel free breakfast offerings. The dinners at the hotel restaurant were hit and miss and as another review the cost was high for what was offered. The WIFI was at times to slow to work during 5 to 7pm. The room was clean and everything I could ask for.
I hold out special recognition for the front desk manager Melissa Galesky. I choose on the first night of my 11 day stay to have a light dinner followed by taking a cocktail and Sunday to my room to relax. When I got to my room I found the ice cream to have large water ice crystals in it and thus crunchy. I returned to the restaurant and informed the restaurant manager of the problem and she offered me another dessert to replace it. I did not desire any other dessert. It would have been better to offer me BOTH a refund and another option for the inconvenience to having to come back down from the 4th floor and return to the restaurant to report the issue. The real disappointment occurred when on my final night over week after reporting the issue I choose to again get a Sunday and return to my room to relax. Only to find the ice cream to have the same problem over a week later. Since the same problem had not been corrected in the resturant and having inquired and found out they are owned by the same company I informed Melissa Galesky of the problem and demonstrated it to her before returning it to the restaurant manager again. Melissa informed me the manager or owner (I can’t remember) had been informed and agreed it is not acceptable and she would herself address it with the restaurant manager. Again I was offered different item but none appealed. When next I saw Melissa saw me in the lobby she was going out in a rain storm to purchase me ice cream. I appreciated her beyond extra effort to provide customer service and attention. She is the main reason I will be using this hotel in the future, because I know she will address and resolve any issues that come up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ewing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I always stay at this hotel. The staff, Melissa, Sandy, Samantha, Dori, Craig.. etc. are fantastic and bend over backwords to make customer's feel comfortable. 10 star accomodations. I forgot to book until last minute and staff worked to find me a room. The food in the JT's is excellent. The beer is too expensive though:( $5/beer. Aside from the price of beer, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone. Easy in and out entrance to turnpike at exit 8. Nice lake area and historic town and restaurant about a mile down the road if you're interested in venturing away from hotel for a nice dinner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sewell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really enjoyed the hotel. We were having some work done at the house and we were not allowed to stay at home. We picked a hotel close and with good reviews. Check in went great, very quick and easy. The hotel was decorated for a birthday party we were informed it was the Holiday Inn's birthday and we were given cupcakes. Went up to the room and it was very clean and comfortable. Great for the price. We went down to the restaurant in the hotel. The hostess told us that no matter what we order it will take 25-30 minutes and do we still want to eat there. I was shocked by this. Well she wasn't lying but we really had no other options for dinner. We went back to the room got ready for bed and slept. We were awoken at 2am by a phone call. Someone claiming to be from Holiday Inn said that they needed our information because the computers were wiped out and do to insurance info they would need our names and the card number it was booked under. Even though it was 2 am, I thankfully had a sound mind and told the person I would see the front desk in the morning. He said I still need your name now. I said no and hung up on him. My boyfriend than unplugged the phone. I checked with the front desk and they said it was weird and was not them. She said she would contact a manager. I also contacted customer service about the situation. I really just wanted to get this out there because really anyone could get their identity stolen this way and to really be aware of who you give your information out to.

Room Tip: We had 315. You got some traffic and parking lot noise but nothing too bad.