“Best French onion soup in the state!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 43 Restaurants in East Windsor
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Best French onion soup in the state!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I have been a frequent visitor and almost always order the French onion soup which is almost a meal by itself. No matter where I go, I have yet to find a better preparation of this dish. When combined with one of their excellent sandwiches, you go home completely satisfied.

My only negative comment is that the ambient lighting was extremely dim, making the menu difficult to read.

Visited November 2011

NYC
“Sports Bar near Hightstown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

If you like sports bars with good food, this is inching up on that description.

Visited August 2011
Cranbury, New Jersey
“Cheers! It's cheers in real life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Sit at the bar, the glass enclosed table area is kind of excluded from the bar scene. Very pleasant bartenders. The food is more than just burgers, it's wide variety of offerings that are done very nicely.

Visited October 2011
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Zero customer service and awful ownership will make this my last visit to City Streets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've been to City Streets quite a few times and was meeting with some friends for a birthday celebration as well as a show (my friend's band was playing that night). This was my first visit under the new ownership. I never experienced any problems or issues before, but this time will definitely be my last until a new ownership. I didn't get food, so I cannot comment on that but what I can comment on is the obvious lack of customer service skills and overall lack of knowledge for dealing with customers. I was overcharged on my credit card for drinks, the total overcharge being $15. I noticed this the morning after I had been there and called City Streets immediately (9am on Saturday). When I called I spoke to someone who took a message and assured me that the owner would be in touch with me. I hadn't heard back, so I called Tuesday and Wednesday as well. On Wednesday Amy, the owner called me and was rude to me immediately. She started with telling me that she couldn't find the transaction. I had given the card number to someone on the phone previously. She asked for me to give her the card info again and then complained that I told her it was a Visa when it was a Mastercard. I had provided the number, and it was an honest mistake so all she had to do was ask me for the information again. She was extremely defensive, never apologized or tried to work this out with me. I knew that I was overcharged and just wanted a resolution. We agreed that she would e-mail me the itemized bill for my charges. When I received it I noticed exactly what I was overcharged on. I e-mailed her back politely just pointing out what items I didn't purchase. It was for 7 drinks that I only ordered 5 of. That was the extent of my dispute. Amy e-mailed me back once again VERY rude immediately. She told me in her e-mail that it was my fault, the I ordered too many and that I did in fact consume them so she couldn't do anything about it. She told me that they can't make refunds like "Walmart or Target" could. Her entire tone and attitude was totally unacceptable for someone in her position. Amy made accusations and snide comments, but never once offered any sort of resolution or apology for this situation. There was no display of any sort of customer skill or ownership ethics. A customer should never be spoken to the way that Amy spoke to me. She could have offered a coupon to me or a discount for the next time that I came in, a refund wasn't the only thing that would have fixed this issue. I am completely disgusted by this entire ordeal. This woman should not be allowed to call herself a business owner. I came to your establishment and spent my money there. I will not spend my money there again. If you want to pay for quality service and receive it, then I do not recommend visiting City Streets until a real business owner has their name behind it.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NJ
“City streets is worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

Stayed away from CS for a while, but decided to give it a try the other night. The menu was great.. Something for everyone in my family...service was very good..I was pleasantly surprised.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere