“Worst hotel for business travelers - ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Meadowlands

Save Saved
You added Hilton Meadowlands to your Saves list
Hilton Meadowlands
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Meadowlands Plaza, East Rutherford, NJ 07073 (Formerly Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Leisure Escapes
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in East Rutherford
San Ramon, California
“Worst hotel for business travelers - ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I'm a loyal Hilton Honors member and stay on average 50-75 nights a year at various Hilton properties around the U.S. The experience last month is one that I'll not soon forget. Where to start? When you walk in the lobby of this hotel it looks pretty nice - typical Hilton, beautiful floors, furniture, artwork, etc. Leave the lobby though and it is a different world.

I checked into my room (# 2122) in the morning hours of June 22nd, a Monday morning (HH # ending 9596).

The first hint that I was in for a horrible stay was the fact my room had no air conditioning! How does a "business" class hotel consider it acceptable to put a customer in a room that has no working air conditioning and then continue to state "we are working on it and it should be fixed soon"? Needless to say, it never got fixed during my stay.

There were NO outlets to plug any devises in on EITHER side of the bed! I had to actually pull out some table lights to have enough sockets to power up all my devises at the end of each day. The wifi was slow and ineffective so I had to resort to using my mifi card.

The bathroom floor tile was filthy - with grout stains that looked 10-12 years old. It did not smell fresh at all in the bathroom.

The hallway between my room and the concierge lounge had stained carpet, was also not air conditioned and it smelled old and musty.

The elevators were not just slow - they were tired too. So tired that their lights didn't work in many of them. You would push the lobby floor but didn't know for sure if you were heading down or not because the button lights didn't come on.

The workout facility was horribly run down. I used the treadmill and the TV didn't work on two of them. Used the locker room restroom and it smelled like it had not been cleaned in weeks - use your imagination here - it was that bad.

My last day there I did complain to the front desk and they were apologetic but didn't really offer me much other than to move to a new room but by then it was not worth it to move - I figured I could tolerate it one more night. The person at the front desk did offer me 30k extra hilton honors points - but I never got those in my account.

Bottom line - if you want to stay at a business class hotel in East Rutherford, don't stay at the Meadowlands Hilton - it is so far below Hilton standards it is a disgrace to their brand.

Room Tip: don't - stay away!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First of all I booked through a third party which informed me that my credit card was only to reserve room and nothing more. However before I arrived my credit was charged $442.00 plus $100 which is a total of $542.00 when my rate was only $314 plus tax $342.00. I paid cash at the end of my stay and was told by the front desk reception Jose that I would be reimbursed within seven business days which has passed.

I called this morning inquiring about the funds being reimbursed back to my card and was told by Mrs. Franklin from accounting that she could not help me and that I would have to take it up with my bank but my bank has not received a Release form form Hilton Meadowlands as of yet so they cannot help me and she also stated that the smartest thing for me to have done was pay cash at the beginning of my stay and not the end but I tried explaining to Mrs. Franklin that I recently stayed at another hilton this past weekend and I was already credited for the hold that was put on my credit card for $100 and she hung up on me without letting me put a word in. She was very unprofessional and disrespectful

I will never ever stay at this location again because of the rudeness I had to encounter from Mrs. Franklin.

Overall, a very unpleasant experience

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these East Rutherford hotels

Long Island, NY, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stay at this hotel for a week or so every year on business. It seemed to be better this year since Hilton bought it from Sheraton - although the Hilton policies for Internet access is highway robbery! Housekeeping left a little to be desired - and the hotel does a TON of large conferences / Weddings. REAL close to Metlife Stadium!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed for 2 nights last week , room was clean and neat , but how can you sum up your stay comfortable when the bathroom you have to use has the bathtub still having previous guest's hair, that doesn't end here the whole bathroom was giving the feel of a low grade motel , it was very dated .There was no wi-fi in the room. Frequency of the Shuttle service was very poor.

Room Tip: I would just like to help others by saying please check the room before settling in and ask the hote...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
fairfax, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This place is a classic case of bait and switch. You walk into a nice lobby and then you get on a very old elevator and get off into a dark dingy floor. The furniture in the room looks like it was 20 yrs old. There are no outlets easily available. My bathroom was moldy and the sinks did not drain. I also could adjust the water temp in shower and it was scalding. On a positive note good location and comfortable bed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Ann T, Manager at Hilton Meadowlands, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do recognize that the hotel needs a renovation and it is in the works for the the near future. Our hotel is located close to NYC and is priced very well for this area. We are conveniently located close to transportation, major events and shopping.
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

As breakfast was not provided for our booking, we were disappointed that the was no fridge in the room as we needed that. Also free internet is only provided at the lobby and not in the room. We were happy that there was a shuttle provided to bring us to have our meals.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Ann T, Manager at Hilton Meadowlands, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we apologize but full service Hilton Hotels do not provide complimentary breakfast as do our other limited service hotel brands, such as The Hampton Inns and Homewood Suites. We do have a full service restaurant where you can order either ala carte breakfast or a full service buffet.
The hotel does provide shuttle service and we are located to many other dining and shopping options.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed 3 nights last week, fortunately my room was ready, cool and clean, the complaint that I have is that pool doesn't looks like a picture when I booked and not refrigerator requested previously!!!, they lied to me when I called to request it... I imagined The Hilton Hotel more fancy, but some rooms look like a rooms with the cost of $49.00 per night............

Room Tip: 21 floor are the best
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Robert K, Manager at Hilton Meadowlands, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to our property. The property does have a limited amount of refridgerators available and unfortunately sometimes the demand is greater than the current supply available. The property just had some extensive work done on the cooling towers/chillers that provide cool air to the guestrooms so the situation is much better in the rooms overall. The balance of our guestrooms will also be undergoing a renovation within the next year or so to help improve our guests experience overall. thank you once again for staying with us and we are sorry your experience with us was less than satisfactory.

Been to Hilton Meadowlands? Share your experiences!