“Close Enough to New York City to make it a Win” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Meadowlands

You added Hilton Meadowlands to your Saves list
Hilton Meadowlands
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Meadowlands Plaza, East Rutherford, NJ 07073 (Formerly Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Close Enough to New York City to make it a Win”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The pluses at the Hilton Meadowland make it worth the 4 out of 5:

1. Upon arriving, we were so pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff. Service from there on out was both kind and helpful.

2. There is a shuttle service that takes you directly to Seacaucus train station which is minutes away from New York City (and has ample trains passing in and out of it at any given time).

3. The view from the upper floors can offer you a perfect shot of the City straight from the hotel. For events such as New Years Day's fire works over Time Square or a greater majority of the island, this view is perfect (if you don't necessarily desire being in the cold and crowd but still appreciate some of the pomp and circumstance).

In our opinion, it's kind of a hidden gem because of access to New York (without being in New York) and the view!

Room Tip: Floor 20 or 21, Away from the elevator, preferably in an even numbered room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
New York City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My stay at the Hilton Meadowlands was awesome. The hotel is really clean, the staff are very friendly. The location is not that far from New York City. The Sleep quality is excellent. I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

sheila d, Front Office Manager at Hilton Meadowlands, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for the awesome review! You are truly a valued guest and we await your next arrival to create more great memories!
Fort Campbell, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel started off on the wrong foot with us by charging us before we even checked in that morning. I have text alerts on my phone that let me know when something hits my credit card and over a 2 night stay they dinged my credit card 5 times! One charge is a $100.00 security fee they do not tell you about, that takes 10 business days to drop off your credit but takes away from your available balance. They also charged us twice a day at different rates and 3 of those charges processed. The front desk had no idea how to handle it and I am still (a week after our trip) fighting with the corporate office to have the charges removed. I hate leaving bad comments because I am sure it is hard to work at a hotel but when you are in New York to do Christmas shopping and you have almost $500.00 worth of charges on your card you were not expecting, it is very upsetting. Also do not be fooled by the free shuttle, it is always packed and only comes around when they feel like it, we waited 90 mins at the train station to be picked back up.
The room was dirty and smelled like pot, but the bed was comfy.

The breakfast is my other big issue, I have never been to a hotel before that didn't have a free breakfast in the morning or atleast have it posted that it costs money. My wife and I went through the usual buffet style breakfast and the food was great. A little better than your typical hotel breakfast but it was a hilton so that was to be expected. As we were walking out of the breakfast area a man runs up to us screaming "You have to pay, you have to pay!" Which was completly embarassing and unprofessional. So we paid and left. The breakfast was good but not THAT good. It was $48.00 for my wife and I to each have the buffet and some juice. This hotel is a joke!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
sheila d, Manager at Hilton Meadowlands, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Please allow me to apologize for missing the mark with your stay. We are saddened to hear that most of your experiences were less than warm with us. Please rest assured that our management team has been alerted of your experience and will take action.
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is invaluable in helping us change and grow towards our goal of flawless service and great product.

We do hope that you will visit again as our newly converted hotel infuses the Hilton culture and treasures of revitalized product and great service unfolds...
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed her at the end of October when it was a Sheraton and again in December after the brand change To Hilton. I saw no changes. The food in the restaurant was fine but the service deplorable. The room was more than acceptable. It was clean, large enough for a single but somewhat dated. Temperature controls in two different rooms on two different dates worked poorly if at all. I did not spend a great amount of time in the room and did not pay an unreasonable price so all in all it was adequate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Simi Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here most recently for a football game. Very easy to get to the stadium and a good value. Despite recent renovation, the place is a bit care worn. For the area, this is by far the best option.

Room service trays strewn in the hallways constantly and an overwhelmed restaurant staff point to the need for better attention and set the experience more down market than the property deserves.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during a conference.

Room:
We booked using a package website which I’m sure means we get the less desirable rooms. It was a basic room, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was not large and a little outdated but for what we paid it did the trick. My room was directly beside the elevator and it was extremely loud, I would recommend asking for a new room if you get stuck there.

Location:
This hotel is very close to the football stadium. The hotel shuttle bus can take you to the Secaucus train station which will take you right into NYC in about 11 minutes. I wouldn’t recommend taking their shuttle into the city unless it’s the weekend. During the week it took us 2 hours on a bus from the hotel and on Saturday morning it was only 15 minutes. This hotel location is a very affordable choice if you want to visit NYC and not pay NYC hotel prices!

Restaurant: I ate at the restaurant twice, once for breakfast and once for supper. Both were not great experiences. My hamburger was about as raw as it can be, I sent it back and when it came back to my table it had been microwaved into almost dust! Breakfast was mediocre but expensive.

Service:
Some great, some not so great. The transportation desk wasn’t helpful, there only goal was to make money and not to be helpful. We figured out most of it on our own as the options they were providing us to get into NYC were not desirable or affordable. The front desk staff, and the gift shop staff were friendly and helpful.

Overall:
All in all if you get a good price and you want to go to a football game or into NYC this is a decent hotel for the price. Don’t expect a higher end Hilton, it’s a basic hotel with basic amenities.

Room Tip: avoid any of the rooms by the elevators, they aren't insulated well and quite loud!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Silver Spring, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Lacks good customer service. Poor trained staff. Management not Helpful. over charged my card 3 times. They did not care and it showed. Please take my advise and stay else where. Continental breakfast was $13. Only one vending machine area on the third floor took my 1.50 for snickers bar and item got stuck. Ask the gift shop lady for change her words are I cannot give you change. terrible regret to stay there

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Meadowlands? Share your experiences!