“Made Our Trip Even Better!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
wv
“Made Our Trip Even Better!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

My husband and I just returned from our very first visit to the NYC and Jersey city of E. Rutherford for the
Doo-Wop Reunion at the Izod Arena. We booked with your hotel for its convenience to the event and from prior
experience on a stay with Residence Inn Marriot in Pittsburgh...WONDERFUL...the reputation continues in the
E. Rutherford Residence Inn. The staff was warm and helpful with all questions and needs. We wanted to see
NYC and was going to book for a bus tour and the one we ALMOST chose, left us on our own to find its location
downtown, But a sweet young lady at the desk recommended a tour bus service that CAME TO THE HOTEL to
pick us up and BRING US BACK!!!! It took all fear and uncertainty from us and we had the most wonderful day
seeing all the highlights of NYC that we had always wanted to see and experience. The tour bus service had a
guide to ride on the bus and give information and highlights as we traveled and he accompanied us on each of the
stops and continued with an incredible dialogue of facts and info. He was very kind and was very efficient in
keeping track of all of his "sheep" no matter where we were. The drivers of the shuttle van that picked us up for
the tour and brought us back were very patient and friendly and had genuine conversation with us as we traveled.
I highly recommend to anyone wanting to see NYC on a tour line to use NEW YORK TOURS and this hotel is
absolutely superb. THANKS TO ALL OF THE STAFF AT RESIDENCE INN MARRIOT AT EAST RUTHERFORD!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

Residence Inn, East Rutherford, NJ.

This gem of a hotel is perfectly situated in a quiet area of New Jersey, not far from the Lincoln Tunnel. Free parking, and quick access to Giants Stadium. Easy drive to Newark Airport. Leave the car at the hotel and take the NJ Transit Bus # 163 -which stops in front of the hotel -directly into Port Authority Terminal in New York City. From there- walk to Times Square- Theatre District-Central Park, or take the NYC Subway from underneath the Terminal. Perfect for catching matinee or evening theatre in Manhattan. Rooms and common areas are immaculate. The two-bedroom suites make travel with family or friends ideal. We shared such a room with a friend, which gave us both privacy and social time. Very nice kitchenette area made for easy snacks and drinks. Nice breakfast spread in hotel Great Room daily. Limited evening Managers' Reception. Nice but small indoor pool suitable for a dip- or an afternoon with the kids. One can easily have a "car free " vacation by arranging transportation with a for-hire hotel shuttle from Newark Airport- then taking the bus into NYC daily. Naturally one should be vigilant in the PA Terminal- but it is pretty well travelled and crowded for the better part of the day. This hotel was a wonderful and relaxing place to return after a day of sightseeing and fun.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Upon arrival in East Rutherford, NJ, we went directly to another hotel (Homewood Suites) where we had a reservation and checked in for our 4 night stay. The staff was friendly, but the noise from the highway was simply unbearable. We suffered through the first night and immediately checked out the following morning. My wife and I went to the Residence Inn and what a difference. We paid nearly the same rate and got so much more value for our dollar. The rooms are sensational! We asked for a quiet room and the desk clerk put us on the top floor on the corner and it was perfect. We didn't hear any outside noise and slept peacefully throughout the night. This hotel continued to exceed our expectations for the next three days. When the staff found out it was my wife's birthday, they purchased a card and flowers for her. When we returned from NYC and entered the room, there was a beautiful floral arrangement with a card signed by the staff. This has never happened to us before. The evening socials and breakfast offered a wide variety of food choices and made it so convenient to grab a bite to eat and be on our way.

Many thanks to Tracy Pine and her staff. Your housekeepers are great, your front desk is accommodating and the hotel is amazing!

Thank You......we will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2008

This is a nice, newer property adjacent to the Meadowlands complex. Our family stayed here and took the NJ transit bus into Manhattan each day, which is about a 20-30 minute ride. The bus stop is directly in front of the Fairfield Inn next door.

Stayed December 2008
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

WOW...... That what I felt when I arrived at this hotel and to the end of my stay. The staff WOW me so much. They went above & beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was comfortable. I loved the breakfast and the evening social 3 nights out of the week. The staff had a Bar B Que on Wednesday. It was so fun to mingle with other guest and see them enjoy the time. They knew my family by name. They served food 3 nights out of the week which saved me money for my vacation with the family. The General Manager, Tracy was outstanding. She and her staff made sure we where happy. I rooms where clean, comfortable, and had the freshes smell when you walked in. Marriott really did a great job with this hotel. I wouldn't change anything about my stay.

• Liked — Pet Friendly Hotel. With small fee and meal accomadations
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

This is a standard Residence Inn, except that it's about wight stories high. We had no problems with the hotel itself. However, it is very difficult to find when driving on the nearby highway, especially at night.
The bus to the Port Authority Terminal in NYC is very convenient.
However, be very careful when going though the bus terminal, which is in a very bad part of town. My pocket was picked and my wallet was stolen as I was walking to my bus.
If I go to NY again, I'll pay the extra to stay in NY and avoid the bus terminal.

• Liked — Cheaper than NYC hotels,
  • Disliked — THe bus to NYC oes to the Port Authority Terminal where my pocket was picked and my wallet stolen.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

I've been living at this Residence Inn for the past 180 days. When I had to check out and return home, I felt like I was leaving my family. Everyone from the Manager, Tracy Pine to AGM Maria to the front desk staff to the Housekeeping Staff to the Engineering staff were so accommodating, kind, genuinely caring and made each and every guest feel like famiy. I made some friendships that will last forever and I am so very grateful for the experience. I would go as far as to say that I am a better person for having spent time getting to know these wonderful people.

If you have the opportunity to experience this unprecidented hospitality, don't pass it up!

• Liked — The management and staff are extraordinary!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands? Share your experiences!