“Excellent Hotel w/ Excellent Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford

You added Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 State Hwy., Rte. 3 E., East Rutherford, NJ 07073 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Meadowlands / East Rutherford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
New York, New York, United States
“Excellent Hotel w/ Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel while I make my move to NY for the past 2 months and really feel like I'm at a home away from home. The staff here is so friendly and helpful and makes me forget that I'm staying in a hotel. The friendliness of Ms.Ester everyday makes me smile and always have a great day. She always goes out of her way to ask how I am and see if there is anything that she can do to make my day better. She is so warm and friendly and I always look forward to seeing her smiling face in the morning. I know that if I ever need anything or have a problem while staying here that she would happily take care of it and in a timely manner. Mr.Rafael is also always present and asking if there is anything he can do and how my stay is. He is so friendly and truly cares about the people that are staying here.
I love the fact that there is a Grill outback and stoves in the room. Also every morning there is a breakfast with coffee and muffins. It makes me feel like I'm at home and saves me money on eating out every night.
Overall I highly recommened this hotel. It's a great hotel with wonderfull accomodations and an even better staff!

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

First and foremost, this hotel is VERY convenient to NYC ... which is the main reason we chose it. Other than that, you get a good sized room (we had a King deluxe), kitchen, free wifi, and grab-and-go breakfast (which is coffee, muffins, oatmeal, fruit, and snackbars). The staff was very friendly and helpful, giving us just about all the items we needed regularly (TP, soap, etc.). We did laundry one day (eight night stay) and they had small packs of detergent available for $1 (which is good because we'd forgotten to pack any).

Bonus was that we were able to bring our dogs! We ended up skipping the cleaning they offer if you stay more than seven nights because the dogs were in the room though ... so I can't comment on the cleanliness other than the room was good when we checked in.

The only issue we had was a broken stovetop that was repaired the next morning by maintenance. There also were a lot of residents loitering in the parking lot in the evenings with beer ... but nothing ever got out of hand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel on and off for the past few years for work. I find the service and staff great and anything i need they atending to when i ask. Esther does a great job in the morning and is alsways pleasant to talk to. Pete covers the nigth shift and does just as good of a job as Esther. They make being away from home simple and worry free.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
East Rutherford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was a grate staff and wounder services. The room was very clean they have a way to get you to the train station and stores that are close by if yu dont want to catch or wait on taxi. My over all stay was wonderful there very helpful if yu need some types of direction ..it was truly the best stay and I have been to many extended hotels but none with everything so grate like here I really suggest if your looking for A1 services.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lake Mary, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Peter made it possible for me to better enjoy my stay. When notified that our room was one bed short, Peter, switched our room immediately. Never at any time did if feel unwelcome or unsafe during my stay. Thank you for helping me get some rest.

James Barone

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel facilities were great - kitchen, laundry and internet for a long stay. It was really helpful since we had just moved in to NJ. The staff were very friendly and helpful for the most part. We had only one drawback with the hotel. It was on the highway and you had to completely depend on the shuttle service of the hotel to get out anywhere if you didn't have a car. The hotel ran shuttles from 7-9 am and 5 to 9 pm on the hour. This helped but kind of tied us down to their schedules. It would have been a 5 * rating but for this incovenience. Maybe the hotel can offer shuttle pick-ups through the day as well on the hour.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Quaker City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you like a nice hot shower after a long day ... lokk elsewhere . this hotel has hot water sometimes but never in the morning . I have complained several times only to be brushed off . The hotel definaely knows about the problem but continues to lie about it to myself as well as new guest. I have overheard three different lies being told to un-suspecting guest. I have also heard the old " would you like to switch rooms?" . Dont fall for it...no hot water there either. And guest relations ? They don't exist . Every time I called to complain the wait time increased with a promise of someone will contact you in 24-48 hours . That contact was never made even after I complained about that! Bottom line ... they only care about the bottom line and will do anything to fill rooms,including lie. Not once was I ever contacted to see if issue was resolved nor was I offered anything other than excuses. There are plenty of other good hotels in this area , Don't waste your time or money on this one

Room Tip: look out your window at the nice sheraton you should have stayed at
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford? Share your experiences!