“TRULY EXCEPTIONAL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford

You added Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 State Hwy., Rte. 3 E., East Rutherford, NJ 07073 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Meadowlands / East Rutherford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Michigan City, Indiana
“TRULY EXCEPTIONAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

It was very pleasant to stay here with my family for 2 weeks. The hotels location is great. close enough to the NYC but far enough from all the big city comotions. This hotel was great right from the word "hello" from the very friendly staff (Jeff). The hotel manager Ysabel was a great help in recommending good places to eat.. The room size was perfect with a built in kitchen. The room service was excellent and very clean. Thank you Extended Stay for the great experience.... Also got to watch a Giants game for the first time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our staff made you feel at home and that you had a great experience staying with us.
Thank you again for your review, and for describing us as "exceptional". We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My stay at this hotel was more than I expected, great and kind staff. They helped me with my luggage and all, I was shocked myself. I'd definitely recommend someone to stay at this location. Couldn't be any more happier.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that our staff provided you with a great customer service experience.
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My stay was for one night at this hotel and the location is great. Convenient small kitchen in the room even though I didn't use it. Very quiet and peaceful and clean. The front desk agent Frank was very friendly and helpful with my questions. Obviously this was a great location for the Giants game, which was my reason for the stay so that is always a plus.

• Stayed December 2012
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel was convenient and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Passaic, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Booked a hotel room last weekend to see the Jets game and may I say this is a very convinient hotel for those football fans. The hotel is right accross from the MetLife Stadium. I was very happy with the room , which was clean and confortable. The kitchen is very convenient even though I did not use it. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions to the stadium.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that you find out accommodations comfortable, and that your stay with us was pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Thank you Mandeep Singh for helping me first hand with my reservations. Your hands on leadership is key to your continued success for managing the ESA Brand. Mandeep came in at night to assist me with my rooms. For someone like Mandeep to be responsible for so many locations with ESA, his customer service blended as if he was a day to day staff. Jeff is the day supervisor that broke down my charges so that I could have a thorough understanding of everything being billed to my company.

The staff of Bryan and Enrique was very helpful and very accommodating. Bryan helped me on more than one occasion with any task I presented. He never flinched and never showed any sign of resentment for having being asked to do as much as I needed help with. Enrique was a cool young man that not only had the answers to any hotel question I asked but he also assisted me with great recommendations for a barbershop and local eateries. Mandeep, you and your staff have been impressive and I thank you for the service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was pleasant and that we took care of all your concerns. Our staff strive to go above and beyond for all of our guests, and we appreciate you letting us know we met your expectations.
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Here for 3 months, pretty good rate for an extended stay. Rooms are clean with everything you need for 2 people. On site laundry, cable and wifi included. I would stay here again... Esther is awesome.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that your stay with us was pleasant and that we met your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I agree with the person that wrote a review before me.... I was there for hurricane and it was a disaster, the manager left the premises for 2 days... there was no one at the front desk, no lights... it was spooky! I was scared for my life and I was staying at this hotel for a couple months.... when I fist checked in the room there was a roach in the cabinets and the manager changed my room to a room and it was OK until I went out and came back later on that night and my air conditioning wouldn't work so I went back to the front desk because I was so hot I couldn't sleep there with just the fan working! it was 100+ degrees that day.. in the middle of June!; I go back to front desk when I told the lady she comes in my room and tells me the AC is working mean while I'm like so if the A.C is working then why is it so hot in here? she was crazy or something . smh.... She just did not want to help and told me I had to wait until the morning to speak to the manager. so I told her to give me my money back so I can get a room somewhere else where there was air conditioning and she told she cannot refund any money back... I thought I was going to die! very bad service in this hotel..I only stayed because the price was cheap and the location was convenient for me but next time I'm in that area I would much rather spend an extra 60 bucks and stay at the Sheraton next door!.. manager changed my room the next morning to a room that smelled like steal cigarettes... one side of the stove wouldn't work.. the kitchen fan and light did not work..... poor hotel service.... sometimes no hot water, the house keepers are very loud in the mornings including the manager banging on peoples doors to find out if there were checking out or not....very nosiey lots of people hanging outside the parking lot, smoking, drinking etc, garbage all in the stair cases, bad reception, the hotel alarm goes off every time and nobody knows why.... there are pimps, hos and thugs all over the hotel and manager gets over on the hotel rates, one minute he gives one rate and next minute he changes it... its like whatever goes, goes, no respect or any concerns for value customers... Avoid this hotel!

Room Tip: first floor rooms are ok
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. It seems that you have stayed with us for a few months and I am sorry I could not have address these issues when you were still at the hotel. I am going to share your concerns with the hotel team to ensure that Issues as you describe does not happen again in the future. During the months of April through July the hotel went through a complete renovation and we had upgraded many of our amenities including mattresses, Flat Screen Tv’s, Carpets etc. We are now offering additional services such as free Breakfast and Shuttle services. Unfortunately during the last week of October and first week of November, the North East was struck by Hurricane Sandy. As a result many parts of New Jersey, including the Meadowlands, lost power and got flooded. Although we are not designated as a shelter and cannot be responsible for loss of electricity, we did everything possible to maintain operational and care for our guests. We even provided a generator to power the whole hotel while other hotels in the area remained dark.
I am sorry that you have experience the Hurricane conditions with us and I thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MEA@extendedstay.com.

Been to Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford? Share your experiences!