“Very Impressed” 4 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
“Very Impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Pros: free breakfast, extremely friendly staff, free fast wifi, clean pool. Sauna, gym, free shuttle to local places including the bus and train areas.
The staff helped us plan our trips daily with what trains and busses to take to save money and time. I was so impressed with how much time they took up with us. They even provided us with free maps!!! Once we arrived we had a group of 10 and had to add a day and they did with no problem. For the price and SAFE location this is the way to go!
Con: if there was one thing I would have to complain about is that I did see a few stains on the carpet throughout the hotel. Not a big deal bc the place was very clean and things are going to happen when you serve food.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear lawdog451;

Thank you so much for all your comments on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you were very impressed. We are glad to hear that our staff was extremely friendly and that you enjoyed our facilities. We are aware of the staining on some of the hallway carpets and do thank you for bringing it to our attention. We do have a commercial carpet cleaner scheduled for July 22 to clean all our hallways professionally. Again thank you for your business and we look forward to your return in the future.

Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Clyde, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I can only think of positive things to say about this hotel! It was immaculate, the staff was extremely helpful, the breakfast was way better than expected, the rooms were large, etc. We were a little nervous about finding our way around NYC, but the young man at the front desk gave us perfect advice, and our travels were completely without complication. The bus service into NYC was so convenient (and the buses surprisingly pleasant)! There were familiar stores and restaurants nearby. The laundry area has to have been the cleanest ever in a hotel. We were happy to have found such a pleasant place for the family's stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cindy H;

It was a pleasure to hear that you thought we had an awesome staff in a great location. we sincerely thank you for your business and perfect rating on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear all your positive comments about our hotel. We hope to see you soon when traveling to The Meadowlands area in the future.

Cheers!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Convenient location with a variety of restaurants and stores right next door. So clean and comfortable! I had a great rest last night and a delicious breakfast this morning. Very friendly staff and a great variety of food. George did miss his own pillow - I told him to bring it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear rehaab;

We thank you for your business and are honored that you gave us a perfect rating on TripAdvisor. I see that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast and that you found our facilities to be comfortable and clean. We hope to see you soon when traveling to The Meadowlands area in the future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel once previously and had the typically great Homewood Suites experience. My most recent stay was to meet some nearby clients. I found myself in a bind and asked the front desk staff if they could assist with my special request. The General Manager was more than happy to help and quickly had a solution to my problem. This is now my go-to hotel whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Larry J;

Thank you for your perfect review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to have been at your service and appreicate your kind words. We are pleased to hear that we are now your go to hotel when traveling to the Meadowlands. We look forward to your continued support and hope to see you soon.

Regards,
Chillicothe, OH, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's not home...but they made it the next best thing as being at home!! The entire staff is helpful and friendly. I will recommend this Homewood to all my friends and family. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Jim W;

Thank you for your perfect review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you thought we were the next best thing to home. I sincerely thank you for your recommendation and look forward to your continued support.

Regards,
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The stay was nice. The rooms were EXTREMELY clean. Breakfast was ok, not the best, but the dinners were *very* good. They included red and white wines for adults, guava juice, lemonade ice water, bud light.
The front desk staff was great. They gave good directions, and never hesitated to help. There's a car that can take you places nearby that we used when it was pouring rain to get us to/from the bus stop one day.
We would definitely go back here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Manhattan. Beautiful at night.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear nrkelly,

Thank you so much for your positive review, it is much appreciated. We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay and that our staff was very attentive. We are thrilled that you selected our hotel and do look forward to your return in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

not what I expected I have stay in other other Homewood suites and received excellent care but they lack in helping and accomodations they had book me for two rooms and gave me smaller room for the money pay was not worth it

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Marixaw;

Thank you for your review on TripAdivisor regarding your recent stay, I am truly sorry that you were dissatisfied. In reviewing your comments I noticed that you reserved your room on line back in January of 2014 in a Studio Suite under the Military Family rate program. In reviewing your stay, I see that we upgraded you to a one bedroom suite at no extra charge. In regards to the size of our suites, our one bedroom suite is 482 square feet which is the same size as the one bedroom suites in Edgewater, NJ. The Homewood Suites in East Rutherford & Edgewater are both owned by our company. We sincerley thank you for your business and hope that you will stay with us in the future.

GM

Been to Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands? Share your experiences!