“Great hotel, friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jakarta
“Great hotel, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel December 2013. Close to NYC and shopping. Warm cozy room. Staff very friendly and helpful. plenty parking. Lots of hot water and a nice kitchen too, big fridge. Easy place to find. The included breakfast was hot and tasty, lots of choice.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear FreeBeer69;

Thank you for giving us such a positive review on TripAdviisor. We are honored to hear that you thought we had a "GREAT HOTEL & A FRIENDLY STAFF". We sincerely thank you for your business and look forward to your return when traveling to our area in the future. Happy New Years!

With warm regards,
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I had business in Bergen County that was going to end on Saturday, so I was extending to go to a football game at the Meadowlands. I chose this hotel primarily on location and because when I am going to be somewhere for three days, I wanted free parking, free breakfast, free internet! I had been worried that with the proximity to Route 17, it would be noisy. Absolutely wasn't. In fact, from my window I spent a snowy afternoon watching snowplows, and it was kind of fun. The hotel is quite convenient (walking distance) to a little shopping mall with several restaurants and a supermarket (great on a snowy day). Breakfast is fine, includes hot food and a changing menu. Definitely a buffet, but with enough variety for a three day stay. I was really hoping that for a three day working trip I would have a little room to spread out -- and the Homewood gave me that, so it really met my needs. The hotel was very quiet most of my stay -- until the morning before the football game when the hallways filled with NJ Giants fans. And when I drove to the Meadowlands, I could see why -- it really was just a few minutes drive (I could see meadowlands stadium from my Route 17 window). I saw some folks using both the indoor pool and the exercise room, although I didn't use either. They also had a room for travelers who don't want to carry their computer to access the internet. A couple of caveats: it wasn't a "cheap" stay. It really feels like an urban location -- I didn't find any grassy or quiet spots outside. Follow the hotels instructions on the address to put into your GPS!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Trip Advisor Member;

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are please to hear that you enjoyed our facilities while in town. We thank you very much and do indeed look forward to your return when traveling to our area in the future.

GM
Camden, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The hotel room was spacious and very well suited for our purpose of a weekend down in the Meadowlands for a football game and Stadium tour. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. Pool was decent. Exercise room (open 24 hours) was exactly what you would want.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Christopher H;

Thank you for giving us a positive review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you would "Gladly Return." We see that you enjoyed our facilities and had an enjoyable weekend attending the Giants game. We wish you and your family a happy & safe holiday season!

Cheers,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

There was very little not to love. If I were on a corporate assignment, would definitely request this type of hotel. Very good value relative to other options in the area. Pleasant surroundings and good amenities. Try to upgrade to the "mini-suite" if you will be there for a while. It's nice to have a door between living area and bedroom. We stayed 3 weeks and would have been happy to stay longer. P.S. Did not try the free dinners. Breakfasts were a cut above "OK."

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Alvalady,

Thank you for your perfect rating on TripAdvisor. We are honored to hear that you thought we were an "Excellent Value For Long Stays". We see that you enjoyed our pleasant surroundings and good amenities. We thank you for your business and look forward to your return in the near future. We wish you and your family a happy & safe holiday season.

Cheers!!
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel had clean spacious suites with all kitchen amenities except an oven. Full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposal & two burner cooktop. Dishes, utensils, glasses, flatware, cookware & assorted gadgets including a corkscrew! The bed was very comfy & the shower I would want in my own home! Large closet too. I told my husband that a single person or young or retired couple could actually comfortably live here! The breakfast & dinner offerings were good, buffet style & what one would expect. But the staff was outstanding! Very friendly and helpful. Room was quiet and smelled nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member;

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear the you had a "Great Experience". Thank you for letting us know that our staff was outstandting , helpful, & friendly. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again when returning to our area.

Happy Holidays!
Tom, GM
Williamsport, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The staff was preoccupied with their cell phones and the free shuttle in the evening was a joke. My wife and I waited outside for 1.5 hours for a 15 minute shuttle. The front desk lacked intelligence. The accommodations were comparable to a budget hotel like Motel 6

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Daniel L;

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. As the market leader in service & quality on TripAdvisor for East Rutherford, NJ, I am truly sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. I appreciate your comments and will be sure to share them with our staff. We do have polices in place prohibiiting cell phone usuage while working at our front desk. In regards to the shuttle, I will be reviewing our logs to see where we went wrong and see where improvemnets can be made. I have sent you an e-mail under separate cover regarding you experience. Again, Thank you and I wish you and your family a safe & happy holiday season.

Meadowlands, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here with family for New York City vacation. Accomodations were good and service was excellent. I would highly recommend. Dinner was provided free of charge on week nights and breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear LauraL,

Thank you for your outstanding review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you think we are an Excellent Place for a Family vacation! We thank you for your recommendation and are glad to hear that our service was good & excellent. We wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday season & do thank you for your business.

Regards,
Tom,GM

Been to Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands? Share your experiences!