“Friendly staff, comfy rooms, great food!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Route 17 South, East Rutherford, NJ 07073   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Dayville, Connecticut
“Friendly staff, comfy rooms, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

A coworker and I stayed here for 3 nights while we were working in the area. It was a great stay! Large suite style rooms, very comfy bed. The breakfast was great. Dinner is also offered Mon-Thurs nights as part of your stay. We had the dinner one of the nights, and it was surprisingly good! During dinner they always have beer/wine, desserts, salad, and bread available in addition to the nightly dinner. The front desk staff was helpful in providing us info regarding getting into NYC, and also gave us info on the shuttle. We went to a Giants preseason game, and took the hotel shuttle to the bar Reds, which offers a free shuttle to the stadium. Going into NYC we walked to a bus stop 2 blocks behind the hotel and took the bus in. The hotel is in a plaza w/ an Aldis, Panera, and a few other stores/quick eats. Having a grocery store in the plaza was very convenient.

My only complaint is that the hotel isn't participating in the current HHonors promotion (triple points)! I don't know if they opt out of all promotions, or just this one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear tanyamary627;

Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor, your business is very much appreciated! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and location. Homewood Suites Brand has once again maintained the #1 ranking in the extended stay category for the JD Power & Associates Annual hotel survey! We could not have not accomplised this without valued guests such a you. I hope that you will keep us in mind when returning to our area.

Go Big Blue!
Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I went to a Giants pre-season game and had to get up early the next day to head out to Long Island so figured this was a good place to stay overnight after the game. The only disappointment was that there isn't any transportation to MetLife stadium from the hotel but we just drove over and we were there within 10 minutes at the most.

The Homewood Suites always have lovely rooms but this hotel seems very new so of course everything is even nicer! The bed and pillows were comfortable and the room was clean. As we were heading to the elevator on our way out of the hotel, one of the staffers pushed the down button on the elevator for us because she was about 15 steps ahead of us. She didn't even say anything so we just yelled, "Thank you!" She responded, "You're welcome" - so thoughtful!

The gym is decent. I think there were 2 ellipticals, 3 treadmills and 1 bike and they had televisions attached to them which is such a nice perk. There were also free weights and a few kettle bells and a mat for crunches/stretching. The pool is on the smaller side and not really a lap pool and it's heated so not very relaxing after a workout but a nicety otherwise! There is also a sauna in the workout room. Overall a good gym if you need one.

The breakfast was very nice. They had fruit, yogurt, bread, pastries, make your own waffles, etc. For a free breakfast, it's great!

You can walk behind the hotel to a Panera, CiCi's Pizza, Marshalls, and a few other stores. There is also a Starbucks about a minute away by car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear karench14;

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you and your guests while visiting. I hope that you will return in the near future when in our area again. Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor, it is much appreciated!

Go Big Blue!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've never stayed at a Homewood and I've never been to East Rutherford, so my expectations were moderate. This hotel managed to greatly exceed my expectations.

I stayed in a one bedroom suite. The room was very clean and the mattress was excellent. The room comes with a full kitchen, which was more than I needed for my two-day business trip, but it was a great feature. I heard a few guests complain about noise, but I didn't experience such problems. It was relatively quiet for being so near the highway.

The front desk was friendly and helpful. The workout facility is free for guests. It has very high-end treadmills which was a nice plus. I loved the complimentary breakfast and dinner. The food was actually very good. Given the relatively small number of restaurants within walking distance, this was a great option.

In terms of the negatives, there really isn't much to say. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear SkyLord Heuksa,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor, they are truly appreciated! I am honored to hear that we greatly exceeded your expectations. It is our goal to ensure the each and every guest has a pleasant experience each and every time they stay with us. I see that you enjoyed all of our facilities. We look forward to your return in the near future. Cheers! Tom
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I booked this hotel as a result of reading the fantastic reviews below and I was not disappointed. We had 5 in our group and the suite was perfect size for comfort and had great view of the city skyline. we didn't really use the kitchen but the full size fridge was great for drinks for our boys. I never ever sleep well in hotels but slept like I was at home in the super comfortable beds. Breakfast was really good especially the blueberry pancakes, evening meals was great too, I dont know any other hotel that offers this complimentary meal.
The strip mall next door with all the restaurants and shops was fantastic. Loved Rutherford and was overwhelmed by the friendly people there, everyone we met was so nice to us so I will definitely be back and will recommend this wonderful hotel to all my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Oneillfamily06;

Thank you for rating our location a "Wonderful Hotel" on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and location. It was our pleasure to host your family while in The Meadowlands area. Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to your return when traveling to our area.

With Warm regards,
Tom, GM
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our boys LOVED this hotel, and so did we. We had a large two room suite. The kids loved the Sports Court and played basketball out there. We picked the location because we have some Giants fans in our midst and the liked seeing the stadium.

The breakfast was very good and I would definitely recommend.

However...there's one question I would have: we asked what would be the best way to get to midtown Manhattan. We took the bus into the city, but became nervous about going back to the bus stop at night and waiting for the shuttle back to the hotel. With 4 young kids, it didn't seem safe. Is there a better way to do it? We ended up paying $80 for a cab, but felt like it was the best thing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear STLSportsMom65;

I am glad to hear that you think we have a "Wonderful Hotel". Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, your comments is appreciated. The best way in an out of NYC is via the bus. Our hotel is located about 1/2 a mile from the nearest bus stop. If you arrive back before 11pm our shuttle can pick you up. After 11pm we do not offer shuttle service. The walk back from the bus stop is in a safe area. Located next door to the hotel is the Federal Reserve and soon to open right behind our hotel will be the new home of the East Rutherford Police Department.

Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great experience, went to the hotel for the kenny chesney/tim mcgraw concert on 8/11/12 at the metlife stadium. when we arrived we had an immediate friendly check in, offered a shuttle to/from the concert (it was a mercedes shuttle bus) we arrived in style!!. We got a double suite for four people, when we opened the door, everyone said "wow" it was sparking clean, flat screen each room, pull out couch was even comfortable, spacious and the beds are huge and so comfortable, full functioning kitchen. No slamming doors, noise from the neighbors, full hot breakfast in the morning...it was the perfect stay!!

Room Tip: we had a double suite on 4th floor facing road and it was quiet, also it was right infront of the el...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Terry S;
I am glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel this past weekend. Thank you very much for your kind words. I see that you enjoyed the concert and were pleased with the local shuttle company that took your party over to MetLife Stadium. I just wanted to make sure that the you were aware that the shuttle bus you used was not supplied by the hotel, but a local vendor that provides service in the area. We do have a shuttle van of our own that goes to within 3 miles of our location but it does not service the MetLife Sports Complex. I thank you again, and look for to tour return the next time you are in town.

Cheers!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The environment and surroundings are very well kept. Its right next door to shopping center which includes Panera Bread, ALDI, Dollar Tree and Marshalls. The FREE breakfast is very good!! The breakfast offered scrambled eggs, waffles that you make, different varieties of meat, pastries, pancakes, Yoplait yogurt, fresh fruits, fruit salad, 3 diff types of juices (OJ, Apple and Cranberry) and coffee. **GREAT FOOD CHOICES** They have dinners provided Mon-Thurs and the menu is quite appetizing. The bedding is amazing/pillows allow you snuggle your head right in the pillow. AAAHHHH, sooo good. There is free parking at this hotel and shuttling provided.

This hotel is close to busline which will allow you to bus your way to station right in the heart of NYC. (Take 163 to NYC which is off Hackensack Rd-in walking distance)
Without having to pay a heap of tolls, its best to bus to in city station then subway your way around NYC. Be ready for lots of people, traffic, food and fun in NYC. WE HAD A BLAST!! :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Traveler4Life2010;

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you think we are an "Awesome Hotel & would highly recommend us. It was a pleasure to be your host while traveling to our area. We truly appreciate your business and look for to your return when in our area again.

With warm regards,
Tom

Been to Homewood Suites Rutherford-Meadowlands? Share your experiences!