“Save yourself a big headache” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada East Orange

You added Ramada East Orange to your Saves list
Ramada East Orange
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Evergreen Place, East Orange, NJ 07018 (Formerly Royal Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Orange
“Save yourself a big headache”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I had to stay in this hotel at the room 304. Because of the Giants game no other hotel had vaccancy. I cannot tell you how affraid I was. The room had blood stains on the bathroom door. The room stunk. Seven people occupied the room across the hallway, they were loud,obinoxius. The location is not a safe place at all. No one speaks English fluentelly. It is a very low class place!!!

• Stayed November 2013
ch_01_eng_75, General Manager at Ramada East Orange, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hello FromRlwithLove,

Thank you for taking you time to write a review about our hotel. We really apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay.

I want to sincerely apologize for the horrible experience you had during your stay as per your comments. I understand you felt that your stay was very disturbing and frightening but I must assure you that our rooms are not frightening. The stain on the bathroom door is not something to be concerned about because it is only a minor removable stain, which in fact our housekeeping staff has removed completely. Many times, it may be possible that our housekeepers have missed a few aspects but it is not in their routine to do so. Also, we are doing our best to improve every part of the hotel piece by piece.

I do agree that the location of the hotel may look imprecise, but I must clarify that there are security systems in place such as CCTV cameras, and an unarmed personal watchmen who reports any suspicious behavior to the manager's office immediately.

I, personally apologize for the communication barriers our staff may have had with you.

Please excuse us this time as we are doing our best everyday to provide excellent service for our guests. We will definitely improve our mistakes and make sure they are not repeated in the future any more. We hope to see you again at our hotel soon. We appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

A friend and I chose this hotel because we were visiting NY on a budget and it is a 5 minute walk from the train and extremely easy to get to NY Penn Station. If you don't mind roaches in your room and in the lobby then be their guest! They changed us to 3 rooms because the first 2 had roaches which I took pics and videos of for proof and they still didn't believe me. Then during breakfast a roach was crawling in the lobby which I showed them and they didn't have much to say. We were also promised a 20% discount for all the trouble which I had to go around in circles for them to agree to but still have received nothing. The worst hotel experience of my life

• Stayed October 2013
ch_01_eng_75, General Manager at Ramada East Orange, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hello FlightAttendantGal,

I want to primarily thank you very much for taking your time to write this review for us as it helps to improve our service to you and allows us to understand our guest and their needs better. On the other hand, I must apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay.

We have taken your comments very seriously. Also, we have recently investigated your room and bathroom prior to your stay. We have taken a quick action to get a special treatment for all our rooms. Which will not going to be an issue any more for your next stay and for our any other guests. I want really apologize that you have to change your room couple of time during your stay which is makes you very inconvenient and uncomfortable. Our team is always ready to help, and hope to see you again soon not to provide an unpleasant experience but a more uplifting one.

Please excuse us this time as we are doing our greatest everyday to provide the best for our guests. We will definitely improve our mistakes and make sure they are not repeated in the future any more. We hope to see you again at our hotel soon. We appreciate your comments. Thank you.
PaulieV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was torn between giving this place a poor or an average rating. It's not a great hotel in a not great area but there's little choice in the area.

We were visiting friends in Montclair who were staying in the, by all accounts, awful George Inn and so opted for Ramada East Orange for the night.

The room itself was large, I've stayed in smaller suites in Westins on the West Coast and there was a microwave, coffee maker etc. in the room. Decor is dated and there were handwritten notices all over the building.

I would not have felt comfortable venturing out at night and I was unnerved when the power blew in the room when all we were using was hair dryer and the TV.

In summary, as a quick one night fix, this place will just about suffice but when I say one night, we checked in at midnight and were out by 8am.

It's literally a place to lay your head though make sure you lock the door.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear face the car park so you can keep an eye on your car and I'd assume get a quie...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ch_01_eng_75, General Manager at Ramada East Orange, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hello Paulie V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for any inconvenience that you had during your stay at our hotel.

I do agree that the location of the hotel may look imperfect but I must simplify that there are security systems in place such as CCTV cameras, and an unarmed personal watchmen who reports any doubtful behavior to the manager's office immediately.

The power outage was not only in your room but in fact in other rooms as well and to give some relief we have resolve the problem and it will not occur again. I apologize if this situation made you nervous or doubtful.

We hope to see you again at the hotel as we are improving our service and quality of room’s every day. Please excuse us this time but I promise we will take better care of our rooms here on now. Thank you again for your comments.
Alliance, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Although it was late and yes this hotel was not in the good area. I found the staff to be friendly.
Breakfast was enough to satisfy anyone and it is a very short walk to the train station. Our room on
the 5th floor was nice had a refrig, microwave, hot coffee single pot, large parking lot and dark drapes for
sleeping. What bother me was the receipt was only a little off-but not the price they quoted on the phone 10 minutes before. They also charged for a safe deposit box ($1.50) which why would you need if you
stay in a locked room? Not sure why the smell was bad but as others mentioned my clothes have a smell to them now.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main street. Upper floors are quiet and do not stay near the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ch_01_eng_75, General Manager at Ramada East Orange, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello Coachlavery,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed all the amenities in the room and found our staff friendly but the scent has been removed completely and will not repeat itself as we have eliminated the source of it. The safe deposit amount that was charged on your account can be removed upon request and the reason for it's placement is for no other than more security facilities for our guest's needs.

I want to thank you again for your appreciative words and hope to see you again soon at our hotel. Thank you very much.

Been to Ramada East Orange? Share your experiences!