“Order one meal for two!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Kearny, New Jersey
“Order one meal for two!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I are regulars one nite per week. We order one of the specials of the day, one of us gets the soup the other the salad and share a huge dinner. Then we get a dessert to go. Never had a bad meal. It's packed ANY day of the week. One of the owners is always there but I never see a patron problem. It's standing room waiting to be seated on a Fri. Sat. or Sunday afternoon. You won't be disappointed here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Buffalo, New York
“Excellent Diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great food! Great service! Great atmosphere! Wish I had a diner like this close to home! You will not be disappointed!

Visited October 2012
“BEST DINER IN NEW JERSEY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'm a regular at Tops...this diner is the best diner in Jersey, hands down! It is more like a restaurant instead of a diner. The food is ALWAYS good, consistent. No matter what you order, it just tastes great. Dinner is the best, and we always take home a doggie bag for the next day. I never ordered alcoholic drinks, but they look delicious. I'm always driving, lol. Anyway, you won't be disappointed choosing Tops.

“Seriously the BEST Diner EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Ok, so I'm from New Jersey and clearly I've been to a ton of diners in my time. This is absolutely the best, from the top shelf bar where they create delicious drinks to the 6inch high cheesecakes. I would actually order a seafood dish from here and I've never done that at a diner. I've never been disappointed here. The food is always good and the portions are huge. The biggest problem is deciding what to get. The page of burgers alone is about 25 options deep. The array of options they offer is impressive for a diner and I love when we get a chance to get there.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Whippany, New Jersey
“Very Good FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Tends to be expensive for diner food but the food is very good. You will not hear a bad review on the food here as it as been so good for so long 30+ years (I have been going there). Not saying someone from the wait staff can't be in a bad mood, remember it is a diner and they deal with ALL types coming in and out ALL day. Enjoy . . . . .

• Visited September 2012