“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Whippany, New Jersey
“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I went for dinner and while we were waiting for our food we hear a loud noise coming from the kitchen, what sounds to be a power washer. Now if anyone knows the sound of a power washer, you'd know that it's loud, not to mention that when the water hits whatever it is that you're cleaning, water and debris shoots everywhere! Our issues were several! We asked the waitress what that sound was and she replied (nonchalantly) that they are power washing the kitchen and when we asked that "while our food is being prepared?" and she said "oh it's not near where your food is being prepared"(how would we know?) and then just brushes us off. We were totally dismissed by another waiter when our appetizer was delivered to our table, which by the way we did not eat! Then the waitress who took our order came over, she told us that the manager (yes, there was a manager there, who apparently thought that cleaning the kitchen with a gas powered power washer during regular business hours was absolutely ok when the restaurant was open and when there were people in the restaurant ordering food and eating) told us that our appetizer (that was prepared in the kitchen) would be credited back to our credit card - it was not! We made the unfortunate mistake of eating the pizza, that was not prepared in the kitchen, and both of us were sick all night. I have had Godfather's pizza in past years and always thought it was good but now knowing their practices of cleanliness I will never (ever) eat there again. I have considered calling the Board of Health and still may!

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

East Hanover, New Jersey
“Terrible, Poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We used to like this place, but recently, our opinions have changed. We had about 15 people over, and we ordered 2 plain pies, as well as a few other things. We only got 1 pie, and were told they were coming back, but they NEVER came back!! We called twice, and still, they NEVER came back! So we wrote an email to them and it has been about a month and they never responded. We will never order from there again.....

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Is gluten a problem for you?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Excellent gluten free pizza! Crisp, tasty crust with excellent toppings. It's expensive though. If you have celiacs, I'd ask where and how it's prepared. I just feel better when I don't have gluten so I don't have to worry about cross contamination issues.

Visited January 2014
Morristown, New Jersey
“Delicious from beginning to end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I went the The Godfather this past weekend with my boyfriend. We enjoyed a delicious 4 course meal that was amazing from beginning to end. We started with sangria and shrimp beeps, moved on to salad, and ended with a delicious pizza and homemade dessert. Great meal!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boonton, New Jersey
“Very good for many years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This place has been around for many years. I used to come here often for lunch when I worked in the area a long time ago. Stopped in recently for a couple of slices and the pizza tasted just as good as it did way back when. I believe they definitely have the best pizza in East Hanover.

• Visited December 2013