This is a hotel with great features, poorly maintained.
A comfortable room; clean, crisp white linens; four excellent pillows on each bed; an extra blanket and pillow in the closet.
A big desk with lots of workspace; tasteful furnishings; clean bathroom with attractive hardware and plenty of surface space.
Quiet HVAC is quiet that you can control.
Large flat screen TV with a scrolling list of programs, so you don’t have to continually flip through all the channels.
But honestly, why can’t management maintain all this like they care? See photos of severely peeling wallpaper and desk chair with veneer flaking off right onto your arms. This is exactly how I found this hotel last time I was there: a great location going to wrack and ruin.
One quality aspect of the facility: The restaurant. It offers an above average buffet –– including what appears to be fresh squeezed orange juice and a selection of fresh sliced fruit –– for $15: a reasonable price for the area. Service is attentive and friendly. As I sat reading my paper, the waiter came unbidden to let me know that I could stay as long as I wanted.
[If you like good food, get back on the highway for about 10 minutes to New Brunswick and have dinner at Frog and Peach.]
The staff are all helpful and polite, but still, one does not feel welcome when management cares so little about having the room fit for you. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I just wish they cared enough about their guests to bring it up a notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just off the New Jersey Turnpike at exit 9 and near major highways, including Route 1, this New Jersey hotel offers easy access to Newark Liberty International Airport, Rutgers University and downtown New Brunswick. Make this stylish hotel your base for exploring all that New Jersey has to offer. All rooms are fully equipped with modern amenities including free high-speed internet access. Upgrade to an executive room for extra space designed with separate living area and special upgraded amenities such as a deluxe robe and evening turndown service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton East Brunswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton East Brunswick Hotel East Brunswick
- Hilton Hotel East Brunswick
- East Brunswick Hilton