“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn

You added BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   764 Route 18, East Brunswick, NJ 008816 (Formerly Mcintosh Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Brunswick
Florida
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

Check in was easy but the rooms are disgusting. It smelled like cat urine and there were certain parts of the carpet that m y foot stuck to. Behind the tank of the toilet was a wrapped up used sanitary napkin that looked as if it had been there for months. The parking lot of the hotel is very busy with customers from the hotel, IHOP and Denny's so you here traffic at all hours of the night. I was supposed to stay there for a week but checked out after just one night. I don't care how cheap the room rates are this hotel is not worth the money or aggravation. Spend a few more dollars and go to a cleaner place not this local kids party hotel that stinks and is filthy.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

I had a one night reservation. Decided to add the prior night, but with an extremely late check-in. Had a front desk person that insisted we'd have to check out by 11:00 and check back into a new room. Got that straightened out in the morning, but the main issue with this place was the room itself. It smelled musty and slightly of stale cigarettes. The bathroom sink was filthy! There was a ring where someone had filled the sink up and maybe shaved? Not sure what the dirt was comprised of exactly. The bathtub had a little splotch of blood on the bathmat, and there were hairs stuck to the wall and door. While taking a shower, the humidity caused a ceiling tile to come loose at one end leaving the attached light fixture dangling overhead. When I stepped out of the shower I discovered I had some little "friends" there with me. Some kind of little bugs. I then discovered the outlets in the bath area didn't work, which made it difficult for 3 women to get ready in the morning. I will say they did give me a small discount, the free wireless was great and it was nice to have the microwave. I would not stay here again, however.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these East Brunswick hotels

NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

I had a good experience. The front-desk & staff was friendly and courteous. There was plenty to do all around - and at the best western east brunswick inn.

This hotel made me feel welcome: We were treated very professionally. The continental breakfast the next morning was exquisite.

The rooms were clean & very well maintained. I was very pleased with the quality I got for my money. I will stay with them again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

Well, I must say that my experience at Best Western East Brunswick Inn was BY FAR my most favorable!! Check-In was simple, and they prefer you see the room before check-in (not everyone does that!). I stayed in a Double-Deluxe room which was fairly priced and was descent in size. The room was spotless and even smelled clean. Located right across the street near rt 18... AWESOME LOCATION! My fiance and I watched the sunrise, sunset as well as the moon reflecting off. There were elderly people, families, couples, and young people there. Everyone got along just great. The breakfast area was well-maintained and the temperature was perfect! They even provided passes for GYM..all equipments were excellant and new.. Also HIgh speed internet was excellant got connected in few min... ! Lastly, The staff was INCREDIBLE!!! By far the best hotel/motel experiance ever. They not only wait on you hand and foot, they treat you like friends. I was VERY impressed and most definately will ONLY stay here from now on. They won my vote. Do yourself a favor- STAY AT Best Western East Brunswick Inn.....

• Liked — Economic, Clean, Friendly staff what else would anybody need.
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

My family and I stayed at the Best Western Inn, East Brunswick, NJ. When we arrived the front desk clerk was deathly grim and not friendly or welcoming in the least. The bathroom sink had a terrible leak which made the bathroom floor wet. The room was not stocked with enough towels. One of the doors to the motel could not close securely. It was supposed to be able to be opened only with one of the card keys. I reported it but the next day it still had not been repaired. The hangers fell apart so our clothes often fell on the floor. The Continental breakfast was ok but the trash was overflowing and no one came to empty it. And the area was not kept stocked with necessaries. The area right around the motel was built up and had a congested city-feel. The staff did not appear interested in making sure our stay was pleasant. On the upside the beds were comfortable, the climate control was good, the shower was good, and the restaurant selection was good- Red Lobster, Denny's, and IHOP right next door. We would not stay there again.

• Liked — restaurants right next door
  • Disliked — unfriendly staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Alexandria, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2007

I expected more based on the reviews I read. The first room we were put in had a heater/ac that was so dirty it was disgusting. The clerk didn't seem too surprised when I asked for another room. He assured me the second room would be clean (how did he know if he didn't already know he put us in a dirty room?). The heater was clean. But- there were hairs on the bathroom floor. A hair stuck in the shampoo bottle. I threw it out. Next day, replacement shampoo was clearly opened and half full. The breakfast was not as good as other Best Westerns.
I called Best Western to tell them the conditions, to which they responded with a gift card for a future stay (at a different BW, to be sure!)

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirt
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

I booked this hotel based on others' reviews. I agree that the rooms themselves are very clean & comfortable. And our room was very quiet as it was facing the rear parking lot rather than the highway. Everything outside of the rooms could use some work, however. The doors could stand to be repainted, & if I hadn't known that the rooms were nice, a first glance at the hotel from the outside would have totally turned me off. What you initially see upon arrival is the "motor lodge" portion of the hotel with exterior corridors, and from the outside it looks shabby. The entry to the main part of the hotel with interior corridors isn't particularly well-marked. And, in my opinion, their continental breakfast offerings were on the meager side... just various cereals, packaged pastries and hot/cold drinks. We ended up walking down to Denny's.

Stayed July 2007

Been to BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn? Share your experiences!