“Great staff & good hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn

You added BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   764 Route 18, East Brunswick, NJ 008816 (Formerly Mcintosh Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Brunswick
Burton Latimer, England, United Kingdom
“Great staff & good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We booked the Best Western for my sons "Worlds Toughest Mudder" competition at the nearby raceway park - now remember this is only 2 weeks since sandy. hotel has good rooms, we were in a double queen, shower over a bath, our room faced the freeway, and it was not too noisy at all, (yes Americans do like the sound of their horn) and we had our window open, its about 800yds to the freeway. fridge, microwave, coffee maker everything you needed, good free wifi as well.

Clean up workers were staying so the breakfast room was really too small for the number of people, but they did work on refilling things as best they could, a bigger area would be a great investment for the hotel to make.

Hotel receptionists were most helpful,Jane and the others for ordering us our takeaways, Andrew for his breakfast re-topping service and John the hotel handyman who put the hosepipe out for me to wash the muddy wetsuits/boots out the back. IHOP give a 20% discount for hotel guests.

Remember !! Its not a 5star hotel, but its well located, inexpensive and the staff really do go all out to help in anyway they can

Room Tip: rooms at the back will be quieter from the road noise - remember your gym kit as they have a small g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ebrunswickhotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Laura
Thank you for choosing the Best Western for your stay during the Tough Mudder Competition. We pride ourselves in our excellent staff. Jane, Andrew and John are assets to our hotel. I am happy to see they made your stay more comfortable. We hope you come back next year for the competition and place well!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I am partial to Best Western anyway, so several years ago on the way to JFK (driving up from the TARHEEL state) I was looking for an off-the-main-road BW and found this jewel in New Jersey. In addition to the usual great BW characteristics---the best mattresses, microwave, refrigerator, so clean you can smell it, quick check-in, courteous and efficient staff and so on---this BW has a location that can't be beat (close to shopping; restaurants that hotel guests can walk to (just across the parking lot!). The hotel endeared itself to me two years ago when we traveled with a toddler who was dreaming of an amusement park for many hours, but we were on a tight schedule to JFK so we insisted on sticking to our routine and this particular BW. What did we find? A whole set of rides set up in the parking lot across the street from the BW! I realize that the BW had nothing to do with the rides, but had I not been headed for this hotel, our family would not have found the rides and our granddaughter would not have had such a happy time!
My most recent stay was about a month ago and the desk staff were especially helpful. I had a particular need related to medication which they were happy and quick to solve. A young desk clerk took time to help my son-in-law learn all about the BW rewards program and complete the application on the handy computer set up in the lobby, all the while efficiently handling phone calls with a smile on her face and cheer in her voice. In general, they handle requests ("sure we can find a ground floor room for you...") very politely and never seem bothered---really, how many pillows does that old guy need? Not something they would ever say.
If you're looking for a good, hot breakfast ---love the make-your-own waffles!--- and great coffee, this BW maintains the standard and gets your day off to a good start.
My only not-so-positive comment is to say that I certainly will be glad when ALL the rooms are smoke-free in this particular location.
Great folks and hotel at BW East Brunswick, New Jersey!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are not renovated to the no-smoking status yet, so unless you are a smoker, make s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We happy to read that you enjoyed our rooms including our Serta Mattresses, and you complimented our excellent staff. We hope to see you soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The room was very clean and the refrigerator and microwave is a nice touch, especially for those staying for a while. The only negative was the bed. The mattress was not comfortable. I would stay there again, but would want to check out the bed first.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ebrunswickhotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here and our service. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed having the microwave and refrigerator, we have these in all the rooms. We hope to you see you again soon!
Windsor Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as we were in town visiting family and they recommended it due to the location being close to them and mall, food, etc...

First off, our first hotel room was facing the freeway, so the noise was pretty bad (which you expect some rooms to be). We contacted the front desk and they moved us no problem to a room not facing the freeway.

The first room had some hair on the towels,one towel had yellow marks on it like it was stained or dirty, there were smear marks on the mirror and microwave, plus the bed skirts were old, torn and falling off the bed. The water pressure in the shower was a dribble of water. The second hotel room, although was better was certainly not to standard. The floors were sticky and stained in many areas of both rooms and the rooms in general were in disrepair and dirty. We also had to defrost our fridge freezer (by unpluging it) due to the build up of ice. When we came back the garbage can we placed in the fridge to catch the melting ice, was half way full.

The hotel is an older and has some bad mildew and sewage smells to it, each time we came back to the room, we had to open the window and turn the fan in the bathroom on to air it out. Any renovations that have been done to the hotel could of been done better, but it appeared they were done on the cheap and only a few things were done.

The hotel was right across from the mall and has plenty of places to eat around it and the hotel staff was good the whole time we were there. Due to having a newborn baby with us, getting down to breakfast was difficult and are unable to comment on the breakfast offered by the hotel. IHOP, Denny's, and Red Lobster were all basically in the same parking lot area as this Best Western.

This was also our first time driving in Jersey so beware of the traffic cams at the lights for I think right turns on red. Unless it tells you, you can turn on red, don't do it! haha... Also they have a left turns set up called the "all turns" which enable you to make left hand turns because you are not necessarily allowed to turn left at all of the intercesctions! Rotunda's and Michigan lefts were easier to deal with than the "all turn" hahaha Still laughing about it!

Overall, we would not stay at the hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone either.

Room Tip: The rooms on the opposite side of the hotel (not facing route 18) have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Please contact me personally next time so I may ensure your 100% guarantee. Thank you again for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these East Brunswick hotels

Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is next to everything. Ihop is right across and you get 20 percent off if you show your room key. Denny's, Red Lobster and Wachovia bank is nearby too. East Brunswick Mall is on the other side of the highway. You are also close to the highways and other attractions. Very affordable and the staff is nice. The continental breakfast is great and the area where you get the breakfast is a nice size. Very roomy. We had a fridge and microwave in the room. Which is terrific to have. The room also has a flat screen tv. The room is very spacious. The beds are comfortable. We only had minor issues and complaints. The tv remote didn't work even when we requested a new one that didn't work either. The phone in the room was very dusty. Could of been clean better. One of the towels had a grease or tar stain on it. Other then that it was a great stay and we will be back.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here and our service. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and spacious room. We hope to you see you again soon!
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I want to first start off by saying that I am a frequent user of Best Western hotels, and this by far was the worst one I've stayed in. I'll give credit where credit is due; check-in was quick, the staff explained the amenities, i.e., contenential breakfast, and WIFI access. They even have an arrangement with IHOP (adjacent to the hotel), where you get a 20% discount by showing your room key.

Now to the bad: The hotel has two floors, our room was on the second floor. To gain access to the stairs you had to use your room key. We spent 5 minutes trying to gain access to no avail, until I finally went to the front desk and explained the situation, thinking that something was wrong with my room key. I was told that they have been having problems with that particular entry way and to use the stairwell around the corner. Okay...we finally make our way to the second stairwell, put our key card in again.....and what do know, no cigar. In desperation I pull the handle, and the door opens...LOL Apparently, the key card doesn't work because the lock is broken. We finally make it make it to our room, and on the 8th attempt the key card works...(you can't make this stuff up). Our room was adequate in size, but had a window so small one would think it was made for a prison cell. We noticed that the room did not have an iron, so I called the front desk to request one. I was told that there should be one in the room. After convincing the person at the front desk that it was no longer there and we didn't take it, I was told to come to the front desk for a replacement. I get to the front desk and I'm told they do not have any more irons. I ask if they can just take one from another room, I am told that they are fully booked. He said he would ask the head of house keeping to see if they could get another iron (I'm thinking, why didn't you do this before you asked me to come to the front desk?). The fact that he didn't take my room number, had me believe that I probably wouldn't see an iron that night. Subsequently, I decided to go to Macy's across the highway and purchased an iron.

Day 2: One of the things that I love about Best Western is the free breakfast. Having 3 young children, this is one less thing you have to think about and my kids love the waffles. So we get to this small cramped area that was hardly big enough to accomodate the number of rooms they have, it couldn't have been bigger than 5x10. It's 9:20am and two of my kids decide they only want cereal and toast, the other wants Waffles. So I make my way over to the waffle machine and what do you know, no waffle mix. I ask an attendant who was putting out more pastries, if there was anymore waffle mix. She said "that's it" , and turned away with no other explanation.

Day3 Monday: 9:30am we load up the truck ready to leave. We decide to get breakfast, only to be told by a worker that that breakfast was over at 9am. Apparently, on the weekends it's open to 10am, and on weekdays 9am...SMH. However, the binder in the hotel room clearly states that breaksfast is available daily to 10am. Now this is just me, If I'm a worker and I see a patron with 3 small kids arrive late due to a misunderstanding, and considering that the food has not been put away, I'm probably going to make an exception, or at the very least ask if they would like to take some items to go. "Accomodating" is just not something they teach nor practice at this hotel. I'm not going to give up on Best Western's, because I've stayed at various locations and the treatment I we received here is definately not the norm.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ebrunswickhotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Antoney
Our breakfast hours are posted when you walk in to the lobby Mon-Fri 6-9am, Sat, Sun 7-10am. I will look into the in-room reading material to correct the conflicting information.
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We had a group stay here when we visited for a family funeral. The only reason we stayed here was because it was so close to the family's house. The hotel is an OLD motel with outdoor access to your room. The service was poor. Daily cleaning didn't happen. If you needed new towels, you put your dirty ones outside the door and they may bring you some. Getting anything else required going to the front office to deal with the grouchy manager. Thankfully our stay was short and we changed hotels.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Chris
We are sorry to read that you did not have a pleasant stay. We strive to make sure all our guests leave satisfied. We were not aware of your issues. Please contact me personally next time so I may ensure your 100% guarantee. We are constantly upgrading our hotel. This year we have added flat screen TV's.
Regarding a few of your comments, we actually offer 2 floors-1st floor is exterior entrance for our guest convenience and the 2nd floor is interior.
We do offer daily housekeeping service as well.
Thank you again for your comments.

Been to BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn? Share your experiences!