“The best Pumpkin Ice Cream!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Ice Cream
NJ
“The best Pumpkin Ice Cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I just found my new fall place for Pumpkin Ice Cream, Dover Dairy Maid. They advertise that it's homemade and it's gotta be because it's the best I've ever had. It's right on Rt. 46 in Dover, NJ. Easy in & out. I noticed the floor could use a little sweeping but it was busy so I understood. Try this place!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wayne, New Jersey
“Great little ice cream parlor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I love this place, their ice cream is always absolutely delicious and perfectly sized. Whether its a post sports game stop with family snd friends or just a quick stop as part of a date, this place is definitely worth it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dover, New Jersey
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Vanilla ice cream is to die for! It has been there for years and years... so that must tell you its really good!

Visited August 2012
Garden State
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I’ve been to countless ice cream shops and in my opinion they are all a dime a dozen. When you are young anything goes, but as your taste buds mature you realize that there truly is good ice cream and fabulous ice cream. The Dover Dairy Maid is the best ice cream shop on so many levels. Its retro old-skool design brings you back to a time when mom-and-pop businesses dominated the world and were once the norm. You know they must be doing something right when people are willing to patiently wait in lines that often run out the door…and you don’t hear them make a peep! That is unheard of in Jersey. This place really is heaven on earth. I am the type of person that when I know that someone makes something great I will go back and order it time after time. After taste testing the Chocolate soft serve at many different places I have given the D.D.M., as I call it for short, the title of Best Chocolate Soft Serve. Although I do pretty much always order a cup of that, my husband is the daring and venturesome ice cream aficionado. The good thing about that is that I get to sample some of his without having to compromise and give up my addiction…that’s why I take him along. :) The D.D.M. has a myriad of soft serve flavors, some of which are offered on a seemingly monthly basis (note-closed for winter): Chocolate, Vanilla, Fat-free Chocolate, Fat-free Vanilla, Coconut, Mango, Blueberry, Black Raspberry, Strawberry, Banana, Peanut Butter, Fat-free Oreo, and Fat-free Red Velvet. There are typically ten flavors available at all times which is the largest soft serve selection that I have found anywhere…that is if you are talking about the type that doesn’t come from a ketchup pump and get mixed in with a base. I cannot even categorize that “stuff” as ice cream…still haven’t figured out what it is. My husband’s favorite licks are the Peanut Butter soft serve and the Blueberry Cheesecake hard ice cream. He has also enjoyed the Dulce de Leche, Milky Way, and Mounds flavors of hard ice cream. I once got a Mint Chocolate Chip shake and it was so good that I think next time I go back (a.k.a. tonight), that I will order it. I’m feeling sort of wildly experimental lately. Dover Dairy Maid is a place that I will never forget, that someday I will sadly long for…but a place that at present time I will often frequent and gladly welcome my addiction. I don’t know why the NJ mags don’t give recognition and kudos to such a great institution…the rest of Jerzey don’t know what they are a missin’! Another added bonus: Check out the Dover Grill beforehand which is attached to the Dover Dairy Maid and has the same owner!

• Visited June 2012