My family opted to do a two-day get-away that included a Statute of Liberty visit the first day and the Delaware Water Gap the next day. But where to stay? Knowing we would be tired from our sightseeing and travelling the first day we chose a 'midway' point and stayed at the Homewood Suites Dover. It was a good choice! First we were greeted by a friendly smile at the Front Desk by Adaya. Adaya quickly checked us in and her warm, sincere personality throughout the process made us feel genuinely welcomed as family and not just a hotel guest.
The "at home" feeling was confirmed when we got to our suite. It was nicely furnished, very spacious, clean and comfortable. But another reason we chose this facility was that it had an indoor pool. SPOILER ALERT--the pool is not heated! It's actually quite chilly. So after a brisk time splashing around in the pool we called it a night.
We had Room 304 at the rear of the hotel so it did not have the FedEx trucks early morning 'wake-up' call other guests have reported. Our bed was very comfortable and we slept great.
The breakfast buffet was okay. Kinda disappointed with the breakfast meat selection--thin slices of salami. Other than that we enjoyed the other selections offered--waffles, eggs, oatmeal, fruit, bagels, yogurt, cereal, and more!
Location is convenient to the interstate yet far enough away so as to not get the traffic noises. The nearby mall was an unexpected plus and we ate dinner at the Olive Garden just before we checked in.
Good value for what is offered compared to other hotels/suites in the vicinity. It's location allows for minimum driving time from either the NYC area or the Poconos yet the price is much more reasonable than either of those tourist areas.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway Hotel Dover
- Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Dover - Rockaway is located just minutes from Parsippany, Morristown, Denville, Mt. Arlington and the International Trade Center in Mt. Olive in Dover, New Jersey. Enjoy full breakfast each morning, evening dinner & drinks and complimentary high-speed internet access. Whatever the reason for your visit, keep in shape at our fitness center, indoor pool, basketball & tennis courts. Explore many Dover area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.