“Pleasant weekend stay for the family” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dover
Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Orange, New Jersey
“Pleasant weekend stay for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Booked a weekend here even though we live only twenty minutes away. Just an inexpensive opportunity to get away. My kids do not even really care as its a hotel and it is not home. We booked a one bedroom suite, which was comfortable for our family of five. The room was clean and well presented and any needs we had (i.e. additional towels) were delivered promptly. We brought our own food, but the hotel is minutes from a number of restaurants. We basically used the two days so our kids could just chill out and swim in the hotel pool. The pool was indoors and not very big, but it was enough. Breakfast was served both days (hot). I will say this is the one area I found a bit deficient. The breadth of food was commendable (eggs, DIY waffles, cereal, fruit, etc.), but the pace at which stations and bowls were replaced was very slow, especially on Sunday morning. We ate around 8:30 and there were many people standing waiting for food to be brought out. This continued our entire breakfast. My only advice to hotels that make it a point to advise guests that breakfast is included, is to ensure there is adequate flow of food into the dining area so you do not frustrate guests. Other than my quips about the breakfast, this was a really nice stay for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Luisa J, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with our hotel. We are happy to know that you did enjoy our hotel accommodations and you and your family had a nice time.

We do appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at breakfast. Our mission here at the Homewood Suites in Dover NJ is to always strive to be the best and provide our guests with a great experience. We are taking your comments to heart and we will be working to ensure this area receives more of our attention.

We thank you again for your business and loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

The Homewood Suites Dover NJ staff members want nothing more than to make your future stays with us perfect.

Luisa Jimenez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great hotel, quiet location, ideal for dogs. Nice staff and great room with very comfortable bed

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went. We are very happy that you did enjoy our services and we look forward to your future stays with us.

We hope that you have a wonderful summer time!

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place is great!!! We were 3 families and had an unbelivable experience. Breakfast is very nice!! Very clean, an looks new!!! Great backyard to get a tan after a pool or have a meal outside. The only reason I'm giving a 4 star is beacause everywhere it sais that they have Teniss on site but in fact they don't we were very excited and took our rackets with us but the most frustrating thing to me was that the front desk wasn't sure if they have a tennis court???!!!! And then the manager started sending us somewhere around the parking lot...which was all a lie of course. They could have just said "soory but we don't have one" and I would have understood. Otherwse it was a great stay!!! Will deffinately go back.

Room Tip: If you are a family of 4 or 5 you could easily book a king size bed b/c they have a big sofa bed tha...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Luisa J, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to express your satisfaction with our hotel. I was happy to learn that you did have a good time here with us. We look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next visit.

Please excuse us for not being more specific with our Tennis court location. Please stop and see us at the front desk once again if you do wish to use our Tennis court. This one is located near the Entrance of the building; we do use it as a basketball court but have the supplies to convert it into a Tennis court.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Homewood Suites Dover NJ in the near future and making your stay with us perfect.

Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We spend a long weekend on a "trip to nowhere." The facility is sparkling clean, both the rooms and common areas. It is well located across the street from a major shopping mall. Many restaurants nearby. A Shoprite supermarket is nearby to stock up on food and snacks for your two-room suite. The indoor swimming pool was a plus. The one major, major complaint is the rooms do not have safes. This created a security concern when going down to the pool whether to leave valuables in the room. Also if you bring along a laptop or tablet (free wi-fi) what do you do with the device when you leave the premises for dinner or to shop?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Luisa J, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Thank you so much for this great feedback. We were very pleased to know that you had a wonderful time with us. Our mission is to be sure that your stay is perfect and we are happy to know that we accomplished our goal.

Next time you come to visit please let us know if you would like to have a safe, we do have them available at our front desk area. These safes are very secure.

We are thankful for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed here for a total of 4 weeks. The hotel is clean and the service is good. The rooms are spacious and comfortable (good mattress, towels, sheets, lighting, fans, etc). My primary gripe is that the kitchen could use a few more items and the items are not the same in every room. I chose to buy a bin to pack a salad for lunch and a tea kettle to easily heat and pour water. Overall it is pretty quiet. When the hotel fills up, which seems to only happen on the weekend, if at all, there is definitely more noise and motion, but it was not horrible. Breakfast, Dinner and drinks are served Mon-Thur and Breakfast is served on the weekends. It is a generous food package, although the food is simple/american/not overly healthy. Internet is free. The gym is small, but the equipment was pretty good. The indoor pool is empty during the week and fully of kids on the weekends. The hotel is located across the street from a mall and within a mile of a grocery store.

Room Tip: One side of the 4th floor appears to be smoking. Avoid the 4th floor if you cannot stand cigarettes...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Luisa J, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule and expressing your satisfaction with our hotel. I was happy to see that we were able to meet your expectations. Hopefully on your next visit we will be able to exceed your expectations.

Please give us a call on your next visit prior to your arrival; it will be our pleasure to have a tea kettle waiting for you in your suite. We would like to be your home away from home.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites by Hilton in the near future.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I enjoy that Homewood Suites has a basketball court. I never used it but it's a plus to get activity in on site at a hotel aside from a pool and gym. Even nicer when I see families playing. This Homewoods site is very close to a mall. That's always a plus in my book. The decor gave the feeling this was a hotel for business travelers. I liked the look. I do wish Homewood could invest in a heartier/thicker bacon. I also like the channels on their TV. Not all Homewood Suites are the same. I'm a Honors member so trust me - I know.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking time and expressing your satisfaction with our hotel. We are so happy to see that you had a good time with us and enjoyed our services. We hope you had some time to do a little shopping; having the mall this close to us is such a treat.

West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I called this place home for six months. I don' t know where to start on how great this place is,The staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is great. I had surgery on my foot and staff made sure I had everything I needed to be safe The rooms manager Ben even brought me to the doctors. Monday threw thursday dinner is served there is beer and wine.Breakfast has a great choice. I like to mention everybodys name but I don't want for forget anybody. Thank you again for being like family to me.

• Stayed January 2012
Louis G, Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule and expressing your satisfaction with our hotel. I was happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectations. Im Glad Ben was available to ensure you got to your appointment safely. I hope you have recovered from your surgery and that you are preparing to run a marathon.

Louis Gonzalez

Been to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway? Share your experiences!