“A few tweaks would make this place awesome” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dover
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“A few tweaks would make this place awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed here for a total of 4 weeks. The hotel is clean and the service is good. The rooms are spacious and comfortable (good mattress, towels, sheets, lighting, fans, etc). My primary gripe is that the kitchen could use a few more items and the items are not the same in every room. I chose to buy a bin to pack a salad for lunch and a tea kettle to easily heat and pour water. Overall it is pretty quiet. When the hotel fills up, which seems to only happen on the weekend, if at all, there is definitely more noise and motion, but it was not horrible. Breakfast, Dinner and drinks are served Mon-Thur and Breakfast is served on the weekends. It is a generous food package, although the food is simple/american/not overly healthy. Internet is free. The gym is small, but the equipment was pretty good. The indoor pool is empty during the week and fully of kids on the weekends. The hotel is located across the street from a mall and within a mile of a grocery store.

Room Tip: One side of the 4th floor appears to be smoking. Avoid the 4th floor if you cannot stand cigarettes...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Luisa J, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, April 26, 2012

Please give us a call on your next visit prior to your arrival; it will be our pleasure to have a tea kettle waiting for you in your suite. We would like to be your home away from home.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites by Hilton in the near future.

Luisa Jimenez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I enjoy that Homewood Suites has a basketball court. I never used it but it's a plus to get activity in on site at a hotel aside from a pool and gym. Even nicer when I see families playing. This Homewoods site is very close to a mall. That's always a plus in my book. The decor gave the feeling this was a hotel for business travelers. I liked the look. I do wish Homewood could invest in a heartier/thicker bacon. I also like the channels on their TV. Not all Homewood Suites are the same. I'm a Honors member so trust me - I know.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking time and expressing your satisfaction with our hotel. We are so happy to see that you had a good time with us and enjoyed our services. We hope you had some time to do a little shopping; having the mall this close to us is such a treat.

Luisa Jimenez
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I called this place home for six months. I don' t know where to start on how great this place is,The staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is great. I had surgery on my foot and staff made sure I had everything I needed to be safe The rooms manager Ben even brought me to the doctors. Monday threw thursday dinner is served there is beer and wine.Breakfast has a great choice. I like to mention everybodys name but I don't want for forget anybody. Thank you again for being like family to me.

• Stayed January 2012
Louis G, Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule and expressing your satisfaction with our hotel. I was happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectations. Im Glad Ben was available to ensure you got to your appointment safely. I hope you have recovered from your surgery and that you are preparing to run a marathon.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in Jan2012, in a king room with a fridge and microwave. Ample room, comfortable bed, great housekeeping. The breakfast was average Hilton fare, eggs, sausage or bacon, pancakes one day, hash browns one day... I did have wine during the evening reception, but didn't eat any of the food. Overall a solid business hotel holding the Hilton family standard high, I will definitely stay again when duty calls me to the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule and expressing your satisfaction with our hotel. I was happy to see that we were able to meet your expectations. Hopefully on your next visit we will be able to exceed your expectations. I’m glad you were able to enjoy the Full size refrigerator and microwave in the room.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Spend a weekend with my family in this hotel at the end of Dec 2011. It is about 30 miles from NYC. Rooms are clean, heated indoor pool, free breakfast. The staff is helpful and polite. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Just show up - all rooms are great.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Louis G, Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Mr. Rindov,
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule and writing a favorable review about our hotel. We will use your feedback to help us in enhancing the experience of all our guest. I was happy to see that you enjoyed our heated pool and we are looking forward to your return.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

This hotel seemed to be new. The rooms were clean and large. We enjoyed our brief stay here. This would be a good place if you were traveling on business to stay. The staff was friendly as well.

• Stayed October 2011
kitty hawk, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We recently stayed at Homewood Suites on Mt. Pleasand Avenue over Thanksgiving. It is a great location, and one of the beeter that allows pets. We travel wit our 3 Pugs and having a place to walk them and allow them off the leash is always a hassel. This hotel is located off the mall road and lots of green space for the dogs. The hotel is very nice, large dining area and hot breakfast, complimentary dinners Monday thru Thursday and a managers reception. The room was clean and comfortable, staff very nice. I used my points, but the price was very reasonable without. close to restuarnats and shopping, a great deal. Will definitely stay again! There was an indoor pool and fitness areas, and outside a basketball court and grills and a patio!

Room Tip: We actually did not even ask about access, but if you have pets, we were on the back side of the hot...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway? Share your experiences!