“quiet, clean, friendly, convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Deptford
northern virginia
“quiet, clean, friendly, convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

friendly helpfull staff, room was prepared exactly as requested.
Will stay there again !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
FFIDEPTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to respond, and share your experience. All the items listed in your response are aspects of service we value and strive to deliver to each of our guests. We hope to see you again on future trips to the Deptford area.

Mike Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Clean room, not too good bed, but calm.
Strong hotel illumination just in front of the window, need to close the curtains very tight during the night.
Fitness room is small but ok.
Decent breakfast, very friendly staff.
Free wireless internet access without code.
Close to a lot of shopping possibilities.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with us!

Value is an important aspect when deciding on hotel accomodations. We offer seasonal rates, as well as honor travel memberships including AAA, and ARP, to provide our travelers with the most budget friendly options during their travels.

We hope your stay with us was enjoyable, and hope to see you again on future travels to the area.

Mike Roberts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Hotel is located right on Rt 42, and if you are on the 42 side of the hotel you will not get any sleep, because the road and cars passing are so loud. The rooms do NOT have fridges, and microwaves in them, which is a major inconvenience. I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel that does not have a fridge or a microwave in it. The mattress and pillows are horrible. They are so soft I sank right into it them. The blanket on the bed is terrible, there really isn't even a blanket on it, its just a thick sheet and then a thin sheet. The TV's are old and outdated. The breakfast was horrible. They had Jimmy Dean breakfast sands that you have to heat up in the microwave yourself, one toaster over with 2 slots in it, 2 kinds of juices, not water of any kind, and overall just a horrible breakfast. Go to Mcdonalds and get a better breakfast. The staff was very rude, we had a wedding, and they treated us very rudely when we asked to switch rooms because of the road, and also when we asked for multiple keys for rooms. (we had 5 rooms total) , and we called front desk and asked for another blanket and they said NO we can't have an extra blanket. Are you kidding me? Overall I would NEVER stay in this hotel again! And for a price of $120 a night not worth it at all. The only good thing about this hotel is the maid service, they were very nice, and accommodating when it came to cleaning, and giving us extra stuff. Save your money and go somewhere else

• Stayed July 2010
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed here for three nights while attending a family wedding. Rooms were slightly above average for this price class. It is a non-smoking hotel and the first room we went into was heavy with smoke smell. The front desk gave us a new room right away.

Room was clean and all staff were very friendly. I especially liked the breakfast room gals. They were cheery in the morning. USA Today is complimentary.

Hotel was close to the mall, Target, and the movies. A UNO's restaurant was right next door which was nice. We dined there one night after being sick of being out in New Jersey traffic.

My only complaint was on one morning the breakfast room was decimated by a tour bus of women. The staff member was furiously trying to keep up, but the women were swarming the place. The hotel knew the woman were all together and should have put two & two together to know that they were all leaving at the same time. Two people working the breakfast room would have taken care of it. We left and ate breakfast across the street.

My husband wanted to have a beer, but didn't have a bottle opener. The front desk didn't either, which I thnk is a basic guest service. So he jimmied it open on the hotel furniture.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
palm bay florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

I had stayed here as I was visiting with my daughter. i did not feel safe from the moment I checked in. As an elderly traveler I am very alert to the surroundings and did not feel comfortable. I did not see any security when returning to my room late at night. Front desk staff seemed as though you were bothering them when asking questions about the local area. Since this was my first visit to this hotel I had several questions and did not get a warm response. Room was okay nothing special although according to my rate you would have thought it was a 4 star hotel! There are other hotels in the area so I will try them if and when I return for a visit again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

My wife and I have been here twice. There really is not much else around the area, so it is a good place to stay if you you are in Deptford, but if I were just passing through there are probably better places along the way. It was only 15 minutes to get back here after watching a Phillies games, which was nice. The rooms were fine: no complaints. Just nothing special.

Stayed July 2008
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

I am a very picky person when it comes to where I lay my head. I was pleasantly surprised with this property. I expected it to be just okay and am pleased to say I can't think of a single complaint. Well, maybe one. What is advertised as a suite is not truly a suite. It is one big room w/ a sleeper sofa. I was expecting a two room suite like w/ Embassy Suites or Courtyard.

Check in went smoothly - and I was pleasantly surprised to be the Guest of the Day. That meant that I recieved two free bottles of water and two snacks. Not bad! I reserved my room on their website and requested a rollaway bed for my daughter. It was waiting in my room when we arrived.

Turned out that I didn't need it since we had the sleeper sofa, we just put her to bed in it. I informed the front desk that we didn't need the rollaway and went out for awhile. When I returned, it was gone.

I would stay here again.

• Liked — The Marriott beds - best hotel mattresses ever!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fairfield Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!