“The Seven Star Diner only gets two stars” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The Seven Star Diner only gets two stars”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

The Five Points Diner was recently renamed the Seven Star Diner and it certainly lost in quality. We had been to this diner several times before for breakfast with friends. It was your classic, good, old fashioned diner.

This time the building was being renovated, so the crowded seating areas could be excused. The waitress was friendly but we did wait quite a bit for a coffee before we were able to order food. We both had finished our coffees long before the food arrived and had to specifically ask for refills. I ordered the Tuscan omelet, which did not have the ingredients listed in the menu. The waitress asked if I wanted cheese in my omelet, which I declined. Yet my omelet came stuffed with loads of cheese. Some of the ingredients in the omelet had been marinated in oil and made the omelet heavy and greasy and gave it an "off" taste. My husband had the everything breakfast: two eggs, two sausage links, two bacon strips, and two pancakes. The bacon and eggs were fine. The sausages had no flavor and were bland like cardboard. The pancakes were not fluffy and were inedible. The decor was clearly out of sorts but as mentioned that was due to the renovations. The tables were sticky and the floor dirty. The waitress was definitely very friendly but a little slow. All in all, compared to the previous iteration of this diner, it was real disappointment.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Union, New Jersey
“Dark Green is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

At last I found a place that serves spinach which is very good and very healthy. The presentation was good and taste even better. Too bad the steak was dry. It''s not a steakhouse I said. The service was good. Thanks to Kathy. She was very friendly. This diner, bakery, bar is adding on an addtition with outdoor seating for the warm season soon. It's spacious now. Looking to see the new look.

• Visited October 2011