“Noisy” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Deptford
Phoenix, Arizona
“Noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was given room# 208, a king bedroom studio with sofa bed in the living area. I am NOT a light sleeper, but I couldn't sleep that night, the air condition in my room is really noisy, plus I kept hearing the air condition noise from other adjacent rooms! - non stop.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Residence Inn Deptford, NJ. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels in our area , and we are grateful you have taken the time to inform us of the experience at our hotel. We will review your concerns with the appropirate staff member (s), to make sure that the problem is resolved . We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the best hotel accommodations that you deserve and we look forward to your next visit.

Yours in Hospitality,
Kellie Nice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Nashua, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I could write a novel about how this place failed me. Here's the executive summary:

I was given the noisiest room in the entire hotel, despite being a Platinum Premier with a standard request for a quiet room. Room 207 is adjacent to the corner of the building where there are six howling exhaust pipes. I'm not sure if these are furnaces or dryers but they sound like jet engines as I write this. They woke me at night. I got very little sleep here. The Front Desk lady knows the good rooms from the bad. Why was I given a bad room?

The maid should be fired. Laziest most worthless worker I have encountered in a long time. Except for Wednesday when someone else must have cleaned my room she did nothing but make my bed and empty the trash. The floor wasn't swept, the rugs weren't vacuumed, the dishwasher wasn't run (she didn't leave me any soap to do dishes either), the coffee maker was never cleaned, etc. Each night when I got back there was some detail she missed, like shampoo, soap, coffee or toilet paper. Lazy, lazy,lazy.

Several times I had to go to the front desk for items. At least I got some exercise.

I bet the hotel didn't spend more than $5 on the set of cookware they give you. I tried to boil water in the large pot to cook some fresh pasta. The water never boiled! I gave it 45 minutes and it barely got hot. Turns out the bottom of the cheap pot is curved and doesn't make flat contact with the burner! I had to go buy my own cookware to cook my own meals.

I cannot comment of the breakfast buffet or their evening reception. I was so soured by my maid experience I wanted nothing to do with either. By the way it appears that this is the only RI that has an evening meal Mon-Wed. All others go to Thursday. Cheapos!

I will NEVER return here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to first thank you for choosing Residence Inn located in Deptford, NJ., It is our goal to ensure every guest leaves 100% satisfied and I am disappointed to hear your stay was anything less than perfect. The cleansiness of our rooms is extremely important to us and comments such as yours allow us to target and improve areas that can benefit our guests' experience. I hope you'll give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs as our Trip Advisor community is important to us!

Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed for two nights in the Residence Inn and were generally impressed. The staff were all extremely helpful and pleasant. Initially, we were given the wrong style of room, but once we brought this to their attention they were very attentive and fixed the situation immediately.

Breakfast was decent, with varied hot and cold choices, though at peak times there were not enough tables and chairs.

One amenity I particularly appreciated was the PCs and printers freely available to guests. This proved very convenient for me.

The room was spacious and clean. We would stay there again, though we concluded we would bring disposable plates, bowls and cups next time since we kept having to hand wash the few items the room contained.

The bathroom was clean and the shower was excellent. We noticed the pool and rather modest workout room, but did not use them.

A sound choice all round for us given our need for a suite and our desire to be in the Deptford area, with easy access to the highway. There is also a large variety of eating choices within a two minute drive of the hotel, though we chose to eat in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kellie N, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We truly appreciate your kind word about our hotel and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Please don't hesitate to call me if ever a problem should arise or if would like to make future reservations. We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.

Kellie E. Nice
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had to stay outside of Philadelphia due to Government per diem regulations but needed to be close to the airport for an early flight. This worked out well. Quick drive to PHL. Large, quiet and clean rooms. Would stay at this property again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Vernon Center, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

It was a very nice Hotel and great rooms, The only thing we didnt like was the mattress pad didnt stay on the bed. 1 of the corners would come off ever night. The pool is a little chilly, But other wise nice large room, clean, especially if you had to stay there for a week.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kellie N, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much! I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Deptford-Fairfield Inn by Marriott. We hope that you travel to our area again soon and be sure to let us know so we can reserve a room for you. We look forward to your next visit and thanks again for your nice comments.

Dual Sales Manager
Runnemede, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is the 4th year my cousin and I have taken our families to the Residence Inn for New Years. We each have 3 children under the age of 8. Our check in was timely and the rooms were ready ontime. They were clean and no problems there. We went to the pool about 4pm. The water was 77 chilly degrees, but the hot tub was 105 degrees. The adults were unable to go into the hottub because it was causing burns. My cousin had huge marks on her legs just from putting them into the hottub up to her knees. We complained about the temp 3 times before anyone took us seriously. They did end up draining the entire tub to reduce the temperature.
Later that evening we had 4 adults and 6 kids in our 3rd floor room. The kids were playing Wii on 2 televisions and the adults were sitting talking and watching TV. At 9:45 a front desk employee knocked on our door to tell us we were being too loud. He said there were 2 complaints from the same person and if there was a 3rd call they would have to call the police. We were shocked!! We were not even making much noise and this was New Years Eve. My husband went down to talk to a manager only to find that there was no manager on duty. For the rest of the night we had to walk on eggshells telling the kids to whisper. When the clock struck midnight, we all quietly said happy new year. You cannot expect to have total silence on New Years Eve.
We are not going to go back to this hotel again for our new years celebration. To be threatened that they are going to call the police on you is ridiculus!!
Breakfast was good. Left at noon the next day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kellie N, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, that was truly not our intention. We really appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another chance to make it right.

I do hope that you do not judge the entire company by this one experience. We strive to always create a positive human experience for all our guests.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions, comments, or if there is anything we can do to remedy your experience.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just got home from our annual New Years get away with two other couples. Ran into a few glitches at the beginning of our stay which necessitated us having to speak with the manager, Ann. The minute she heard we were having problems she bent over backward to take care of things for us. Throughout the rest of our stay Ann saw to it that we had everything we needed and took really good care of us. The property was great for getting together and having fun. Spacious well appointed and laid out rooms, great gathering spaces. Breakfast was typical hot/cold fare that you would expect at a hotel of this nature but the coffee, available 24/7, was better than most. Staff was friendly and warm and also very responsive to our needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback on your stay with us. As with any business, the best advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfield customer. We hope that the next time you visit the Deptford area that you will stay with us again. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Sales Manager

Been to Residence Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!