“excelent” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Denville, New Jersey
“excelent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am from Germany my name is Thomas I came to visit my family living in Denville,I was in Denville Epheus Restraurant first time to day, food was delices and price was very good

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
Rockaway, New Jersey
“If you want fast food this is not for you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a classic Mediterranean restaurant where you come to enjoy good food and company. The food is Turkish and thus if you do not like ethnic food this is not for you. The service is not fast but...all food is cooked from scratched and thus it is worth waiting for. Comments as " absolutely AWFUL" are simply immature. If you want fast food and not a good fresh meal Burger King is for you. It is a BYO place with a relaxed atmosphere, mostly not crowded except for some weekends. Again if you are in rush and want a lot of sauce without paying there is a Burger King close buy. You cannot have Adana kebab, Yskender kebab or any other platters quickly when they are built from scratch. Desserts are very good but surely on the sweet side. If you never had Turkish coffee try it but do not be surprised that it is not you filter coffee. In sum, a very nice, casual place for a good relaxing evening. I go there with my family at least once a week and got used to the place. But where else in this area can you get decent Turkish food?

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely AWFUL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

DO NOT EVER GO TO THIS RESTERAUNT IF YOU VALUE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. This was the worst restaurant experience of my life let me explain: First, I arrived and waited at least five minutes to be seated in a mostly empty restaurant. Second, we waited fifteen minutes for water and for the waitress to take our order. Thirdly, while we waited for our food after 45 minutes we asked if our food was coming soon. The waitress replied “Yes.” After another fifteen minutes, the man across from us asked the waitress where OUR food was. Another five minutes later our food finally came. Our food was unimpressive. One of our dishes came with a yogurt sauce, unfortunately only a teaspoon was included in the cup. After asking the waitress for more yogurt sauce for both dishes, she forgot and then came back with one sorry looking sauce after 10 minutes. We stopped her for some more sauce for the other dish, she then argued that the one sauce should be enough. We said can we please have more. She then yelled something to the kitchen staff and came back with six yogurt sauces. She lectured us that the restaurant had a yogurt sauce appetizer and next time if we want so much sauce we need to order the appetizer. I then had enough and explained to her that we would not be ordering the yogurt appetizer dip, since after this experience we would never come back. The waitress replied that “I’m really trying to help everyone here at the same time.” There was only one waitress with 10 tables. I then replied that if you wanted to help us, first I don’t need you to lecture me and instead you of being rude you should be asking what you could do to make our service better. She then walked away and after several minutes we needed to ask for the check without eating the rest of our meals. After I asked for the check, I asked to speak to the manager and it was then that she informed me that she was the owner. She then accused me of making her feel uncomfortable because I was “rude” to her. I then said that she had it wrong it was the other way around. I responded that after the inadequate service and food, we should not be responsible for the full amount on the check. She said, “Unfortunately, you are being charged the full amount.” At the end of the day, we begrudgingly left the $50 providing $1 tip. I regret leaving that amount.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Denville, New Jersey
“Turkish Food is the best in the world”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

When it opened it was excellent, unfortunately the last time I went it had slipped down. Maybe the cook had a bad day. I recommend the mezes (small appetizers) and the bread and the Turkish Peasant Salad. The deserts, if you have sweet tooth are delicious and don't leave without ordering the Turkish Tea or Coffee, Fusun D. Charles

Visited February 2013
“We love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We eat here as often as we can. The small salad is too big for two of us but fresh with great feta cheese. Te bread is freshly baked. All of the entrees we haves tried have been very tasty. Our only negative is that the rice is never hot.

Visited April 2013