“Favorite local place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Favorite local place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I love this place. A small local place where in the summer you can eat outside. I have had some absolutely great food at this establishment, This past October I had great German food for Oktoberfest and last March great Irish food for St Patty's day. One time they had a duck special and it was the best I have ever had. Actually I was not expecting it to be that outstanding. Overall a great place!

Visited October 2013

New Jersey
“Good burgers and beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had dinner here some time ago.We heard all good "stuff" about tho place from friends and family.It was an absolutely OK dinner,but nothing stood out as exceptional. We did not return because there are other places in the area we prefer.

Cranbury, New Jersey
“A very pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

After many hours on the road and still a way to go, we pulled off of Route 80 into Denville to find a place to eat and saw this restaurant. Looked nice enough through the window with a dining room separate from the bar so we decided to try it out. We ordered the fried raviolis for appetizer and for entrees, had the steak salad as well as a special of the evening which was called country chicken, basically sauteed chicken with sausage, onions and peppers. Let me tell you - we were surprised at the quality of the food. Everything was excellent, the portions were big, and the prices very reasonable. Drinks were excellent and not skimpy, and service by Beth was excellent. A great neighborhood restaurant. Too bad we don't live in the area because we would definitely go there again. Think more along the lines of comfort food. It's not haute cuisine.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, GA
“Great little find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Very nice ornate wooden bar. Service was good, food was good, they have outdoor seating, and I was experiencing a local restaurant rather than a chain while traveling for work. Will return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great, Different Food, but the Drinks are Out There”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went for a late lunch. The building and it surrounding neighborhood has a lot of character. Ordered a chicken sandwich with fresh motz and basil that was great. My companion loved his jalepeno buger.
Almost fell out of my chair when I got the bill and saw the price of the alcoholic beverages.
We specifically ordered 'rum and coke in a tall glass, not a double, just a tall glass', and were changed $9 a piece. Maybe you can charge that in a five star restaurant, but for a local restaurant, that seems too pricey to me.
I'll go back to eat, but not to drink.

• Visited August 2013