“Excellent motel with great greakfast, amenities & staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denville
Ellicottville,NY, United States
“Excellent motel with great greakfast, amenities & staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stay in this motel when doing business in the city. Everything is first class; rooms, staff, breakfast, pool and exercise room. Easy hour ride to the city by Lakeland bus without the tolls, parking cost traffic jams.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ryan T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for your response, we Love to hearing from our Guests. Your comment helps us to know that we are providing true Hamptonality. We hope to see soon.

Have an Excellent Day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pinckney, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was our 3rd night staying in a Hampton Inn, although first at this location. Previous 2 nights in Raynham were pleasant and nice, which is why I decided to try to book a night here, on our way back home. I made the call from our vehicle as we were driving through Connecticut (which may have been a mistake not to try to book online as twice now, a language barrier for central reservations seems to be an issue). The agent did not get our address right, or the room type. The room type was not mentioned at check-in, nor any of the amenities/hours for pool, breakfast, ect. In the room we found 2 NON-queen beds. Not comfortable for 2 adults and 2 children. My wife ended up having to sleep on the floor! Also very noticeable when arriving was the dust and mold build-up on the AC unit. Disgusting and not good for my asthmatic daughter, nor my allergies. Overall the room was fairly clean otherwise. Corners in the bathroom were clearly missed in cleaning, and the caulk job on the back splash looked to be done by a brand-new maintenance tech at best. The hot part of breakfast was sub-par. Eggs and sausage were dried out and waffle batter was empty. Must say, the stay in Raynham saved the Hampton reputation for possible future stays.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We sorry to hear that you did not have good stay with us. We strive to provide True Hamptonality to all our guests. I apologize if this was not the case as we are always looking for ways to make our guests stays as smooth as possible. We hope you will try us again so we can show you our True Hamptonality!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at this location for two nights over the weekend. The price per night was pretty good (e.g. under $100). I've stayed at other Hampton Inn's for work and have had good experiences. The hotel is located near I-80 and on a non descript next to a storage facility. There's no where to walk to to grab a bite to eat. The hotel lobby is nice and service was great. I only have a few digs with this place hence the average rating. First, the hallway to our room on reeked of cigarette smoke. I thought all rooms were smokeless. Second, our room started to show signs of wear and tear. What I mean by that is the carpet was run down, room furniture looked well used, and shower cap only function on the massage setting. Finally, on our last night, the fire alarm went off twice, which probably could be attributed to the smoker on our floor. It would have been nice if the staff would have informed us if it was legit or false alarm. On the positive side, breakfast was decent and staff was personable. In the future, I may spend $30 more per night and stay at the Marriott. Unfortunately, this Hampton Inn's quality is not on par with the other Hampton Inn's I stayed at.

Stayed July 2014
Ryan T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your response as you gave me great feedback on how I can improve the hotel. I take every review with great importance and strive to bring the True Hamptonality to every guest. I will be taking your comments and make the necessary improvements so when you return for your next stay you will see that Hamptonality I striving for.

Red Lion, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is a nice hotel. Everything was clean, well maintained, and there were no odors. The smoke alarms throughout the hotel went off twice - once at 2am and once at 6am - due to steam from a guest's shower. The manager stated that this routinely occurs. The breakfast bar does not state whether any of its items are gluten-free, so my wife could not eat anything but a hard-boiled egg. The food was tasty, but not exceptional. I'd stay there again if at least the smoke alarm problem is corrected.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Chicago Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The room was clean, no smell of smoke or cleaning supplies. Very basic and streamlined, which I prefer. It did provide coffee, ironing board, iron, and hair dryer, which was nice as my trip was unplanned and I packed very lightly. Linens were very comfortable as well. Coffee, tea, etc. available at all times. Enjoyed my stay.

Lake Worth, U.S. Virgin Islands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were staying her on July 26 th. At 3 am and again at 7 am smoke alarms woke us. Up. Seems that anytime someone takes a hot shower with the door open, the smoke detector right outside the bathroom goes off in the hotel.
The bathtub was extremely slippery and I almost I fell.
Avoid this hotel if you value sleeping.

Hicksville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Was in town for party.Stayed here for one nite-pool is nice,rooms are clean.No restaurant or bar on property.Did have a complimentary breakfast buffet....soso. Staff at desk gave us directions to hall we were going to.Easy off I-80.Big problem was fire alarm went off at 1:45am and again at 7:30.Showers are also very slippery...no non slip mat or dots on floor.Had to use handicap handle bar cause tooo slippery.Stayed at Hampton Inn suites in parsippany and had better experience(thought Booked same place but know for next time)

Have an Excellent Day!

Been to Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany? Share your experiences!