“Very disappointed in this Hampton Inn” 2 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maryland
“Very disappointed in this Hampton Inn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

Do not reserve your room thru the hotel direct, give you one price over the phone,charge you another price at checkout, book on line where you can print your reservation & price. Breakfast hot items were ice cold no one around to see about obtaining food that is hot. No vending machines have a little room with sodas & candy to buy, want $1.60 for a candy buy that cost 25 cents, a total rip off. The manager is very nasty to deal with. Do yourself a favor & stay at another hotel.

• Liked — Close for our business meeting
  • Disliked — Manager & staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

I travel often to Morris County (for business) and I've stayed at this hotel on 3 trips. It has always been my second choice.

Everything is average.

Food:
The hotel is not within walking distance of any restaurants and the delivery options are limited to pizza and Chinese. There are no fridges or microwaves in any guest rooms or public areas and there are no vending machines in the building. The only place to get food or drinks is the overpriced hotel convenience store. The complimentary continental breakfast is mediocre. I've had better at other Hampton Inns. They do put warm cookies in your room every afternoon (if you remember to take down the "do not disturb" sign), which is a nice touch.

Service:
Front desk personalities are lukewarm. Some have limited English proficiency. No one is good with directions or has any opinions about local restaurants. The Italian restaurant they recommended (Bella Italia, or something like that) was very overpriced and mediocre. I ended up eating at the Olive Garden near Rockaway Town Center several times.

Rooms:
They are clean enough. This hotel could use a renovation. I've seen better and worse within the Hampton Inn chain.

Location:
Worked well for me. Close to all of my travel appointments in the Morristown area and also conveniently located less than 5 miles from the Rockaway Town Center Mall (Macys, JCPenney, etc. Target, Olive Garden, Borders outside the mall).

Overall this hotel is okay. The price is fair, if you can get a room (for some reason this place stays booked up during the week). If you aren't going to be in your room too much, this place works.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

Nice Hotel.
The pool was excellent.
The front desk girls were ok if you could find them (outside smoking). Luciana was very rude.

Stayed July 2005
Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

I stayed at the Hampton Inn with my dad from July 1st to the 4th. The service was excellent, so was the maid service. The continental breakfast was good. The free shuttle drove us to a nice restaurant near by. The staff was very helpful, especially D because she went out of her way to find good transportation for my dad and I to the airport. I'm from the west coast and stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding. If I ever come back to the area, I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2005
Madison, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

This hotel was our second choise, but it turned out to be a much better hotel for the money spent. We had a wonderful buffet breakfast, where the other hotel charged $9.00 for a Continental Breakfast. There were fresh chocolate chip cookies each evening and fresh fruit in the morning. We had the heated pool to ourselves since most people don't like to swim when it is cold outside, even with an indoor pool. The rooms were very clean and very quiet. The parking was close by and we could see our car from our room. Will stay there again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2005

I stayed in this hotel the week of February1 thorugh the 4th.
Never again!!!
The front desk girls were very childish and spent more time on the phone than doing there job.
On one instance I didnt recieve any response at the front desk when I came to the lobby the front desk attendant was outside smoking.
Luciana was very rude and did not follow through on my wakeup call.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2003

What a horrible experience! The front desk is unattentive and rude. I felt like I was dealing with kindergarteners. The buffet breakfast was sparse and unappealing. Our room had hair in the bathroom and the room smelled like smoke, when we specifically asked for a non-smoking room.
I am a Hilton Honors Memeber I was very disappointed with this particular hotel. I would not recommend this Hampton Inn.

Been to Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany? Share your experiences!