I had reserved 8 rooms at this hotel - 6 on one confirmation number (and pre-paid for them) plus 2 on my own card. When I went to check in at 1 am, the manager Garfield had given one of my two rooms to the other party and refused to give me 2 rooms. My client earlier in the day noticed that the hotel was trying to give him all 8 of my rooms and said that he returned one of the keys as they tried to give him the 7th room, and told the hotel that the last 2 rooms were for me. The night mgr Garfield would not let me check in to my one room that he claimed I had left without purchasing yet a 9th room and paying for it! I argued that it wasn't my fault that they gave my room to someone else, and needed two rooms but was only going to pay for the 8 (yes EIGHT that I was already paying for happily at that point) rooms, but not 9. This manager WOULD NOT do this for me, and so I ended up leaving telling him that I now had to drive home at 1 am for 45 minutes and that I was not satisfied at all and would be putting in a complaint. In addition to this, at 1 am he had a girl of age 5-6 walking around behind the counter with crayons and paper. This is not supposed to be a budget roach motel where I would expect that a child would be up at 1 am behind the desk, this is a part of the Hilton Chain! I called the Hampton Inn customer service line and they started a complaint. The general manager Nimmi Kaur emailed me and right away stated that I paid for only 5 rooms. I emailed back the amounts charged to me for the SIX rooms and asked for a refund. Nimmi then emailed me several more times telling me that I will be paying for 5 rooms, and every email my response was the same "you have a 100% guarantee and I was not even able to get into your hotel to sleep at 1 AM!!! I would like a refund of my entire payment as everything from the beginning was wrong - the original reservation was wrong, the names on the rooms were wrong, and wrongfully they denied me access to 8 rooms. They are still denying a refund to me, so don't believe the 100% guarantee sign on the desk. RUN AWAY from this hotel and stay near the mall.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Denville Hotel
- Hampton Inn Denville Hotel Denville
- Hampton Inn Denville
- Denville Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Denville/Rockaway/Parsippany is conveniently located off Interstate 80 just a 30 minute drive from New York City, MetLife Stadium and Newark International Airport in Denville, New Jersey. Visit our hotel and enjoy a free hot breakfast, complimentary high-speed internet access, & a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Relax and keep in shape at our fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool. Explore many Denville area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.