“Delicious !!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Cape May, New Jersey
“Delicious !!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and were cutting through the sleepy, upscale, town of Cranford NJ last week and stumbled upon Vinny Pizza and Pasta. WOW ! This place is a gem.

The service was fantastic the atmosphere was friendly and the food was some of the best Italian I ever had. The Chicken Murphy was devine. My wife had Sunday Sauce which included sausage, meatballs and brachiol it was scrupmtous ! I took a pizza to go and found the dough fresh and cooked to perfection the next day. The soups were homemade as is the Tiramisu !!!!!

Your crazy if you dont give Vinnys Pizza and Pasta a try !!!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Red Bank, New Jersey
“GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went to Vinny's for the first time and was so pleased with the food, service and cleanliness of the restaurant. We also had the homemade soups and they also were terrific. Pizza was perfect and I even ate the crust. {I do not eat Pizza crust.} We sent friends there last week. Reva

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“Good at Best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ate here last week becasue the place just opened and i wanted to give it a try and im sad to say i was very unhappy. The service was good but that can not make up for the terrible food this place offers. the pizza had old tired dough, it was swimming in oil from the cheap cheese they use, the sauce had no flavor. This place claims to have the best pizza in Cranford, but honestly that is a far stretch from the truth. Your better off getting a frozen pizza (Elios, Digiorno) then dealing with this place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kenilworth, New Jersey
“Simply perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everything from pizza and pasta to full dinners, all are excellent. Stromboli was the best I've ever had. Right across from the Cranford theater, easy to find. BYO

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Subpar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I ate here recently, once, and have no desire to return. I went on a Wednesday night and decided to try the pasta special for $12, which includes bread, salad, and up to two bowls of pasta with your choice of dressing.

The service was friendly, but the food was, honestly, kind of pathetic. The salad was tiny and featured one olive with a pit and a big slice of tomato. Bread came with little packs of butter, not olive oil. The pasta was a rather hefty portion, with which I was impressed. Unfortunately it seemed like run-of-the-mill boiled-from-the-box spaghetti, and I wasn't really impressed with it. I felt as though I could've made the same meal at home for $2 without much effort.

For me there's no need to return, and for most I'd suggest no need to visit in the first place. Sorry, folks.

• Visited January 2013