“Great place for a night or longer” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cranbury
“Great place for a night or longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We've stayed here many times while visiting parents who live nearby in one of the many local retirement communities. Our most recent stay was typical, prompt check-in (although they were a little distracted by a phone call this time) and acknowledgement of our Priority Club status. We were offered a conference room that had a pull out sofa in a separate area from the bedroom when our adult son unexpectedly joined us on our last stay. Although they asked for $10 more for the night, this was reasonable and met our needs. The rooms are clean, towels are better than average. On weekends there is no housekeeping unless one requests it, no big deal. Nice to have a full size fridge in the room since we are often bringing food with us to leave with our parents. The breakfasts are quite nice for what they are - "free". A couple choices of cereals, usually a selection of yoghurts and fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, toast, waffles, and some sort of hot food - eggs, sausages, bacon, etc. The latter is of course pre-prepared and just microwaved to heat it up, but it's okay. Of course, as much coffee and juice as you care for. If you are sure to be there, no reason not to save a few dollars, usually around $10, by pre-paying. Convenient to both the NJ Turnpike and NJ Route 130.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

For business trips to the area this is a good choice for accommodation. Rooms are spacious and clean with comfortable beds. The bath tub is too small to stretch out if you want to have a soak but the shower is excellent. Breakfast buffet is good with a selection of eats and drinks. Location is good with only a short drive to a good selection of restaurants. I had one of the larger rooms at the front of the hotel but this was still very quiet during the night with very little traffic noise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

For the last couple of years I have booked a 2 room suite at this hotel for the last couple of years during the holidays. I like that it is pet friendly and the amenities are much nicer than the other hotel chain which is almost next door.

• Stayed November 2012
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Sandy hit us hard and my family was displaced like many others. We couldn't find anything near our home and had to drive one hour to the Staybridge Suites in Cranbury NJ and at first we were so upset to have to drive so far from our house but in the end we would do it all over again.My entire family was sick, and by sick I mean I had a 2 year old with a double ear infection, a 4 year old throwing up and i had walking pneumonia! Let me tell you, the people that work at this hotel were amazing. Every morning they would see us at the breakfast (which was great by the way) and always ask how we were doing, what they could do to help us out and how they might be able to make our stay a little easier. The kindess was overwhelming and so appreciated at such a time of displacement. The room we had for 6 nights was 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms, 3 large screen tv's a full kitchenette and all the amenities we needed. They cleaned our room every day leaving us with fresh toiletries and since our kids were good and sick they changed our bedding and washed our comforters every other day. I would have to say this group of people went above and beyond what I have ever seen a hotel staff do and I am forever grateful. They came up to clean, they came to show us how to use the DVD player, they gave us great instructions to local restaurants, they had a warm smile at all times and everyone from the cleaning people to the management was excellent. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quality hotel in the area.

Room Tip: I only stayed in my room but I would have to assume they were all as clean as mine was.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was in Cranbury working Hurricane Sandy - booked this home away from home and so very glad I did. Staff was overwhelming accomodating, helpful, friendly and considerate. Very good breakfast in the morning with Tues, Wed & Thursday light dinner w/wine and beer to relax after a long day. I was booked for 4 days and had to leave on the 5th with checking back in for 2 more weeks so that would have been VERY inconvenient. Spoke with the desk staff who promptly spoke w/the manager on duty who immediately fixed my problem so I didn't have to check out sleep somewhere else for the night - this would have included lugging all my computer equipment, ladders and the like for 1 night somewhere else. Will be going back to work more storm claims and will most definately attemtpt to stay here again pending the area of the claims I will be in. Couldn't have asked for a better place. Room was clean and roomy and comfortable.

Room Tip: Not sure on this question - I was in and it was great - very little noise to speak of.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I booked a two-bedroom for myself, my wife and our friend to stay after attending a wedding nearby. We called ahead to let them know that we actually needed to check in three hours early (noon) so that we could attend the 2:00pm ceremony and they graciously accommodated us. One neat feature at the front desk for Priority Club members was their "wheel of fortune" with prizes that included up to 2000 PC points. When I spun the wheel and received a free drink and snack, the front desk agent was kind enough to let me spin again. I ended up with the same drink and snack meal but appreciate the second chance! Onto the room...

The room was fine, no big complaints. The beds were comfortable and the kitchen was stocked with enough utensils for us to use for our late night munchies. It would have been nice if the thermometer were set in the living room instead of the king room though I guess that works for parents with finicky kids. My only minor gripe would be that there is not much room between the foot of the king bed and the chest of drawers where the flatscreen TV rested upon. I'm not a big dude yet I had to walk sideways to get by. There was ample space on another wall for the chest of drawers and the TV could have been mounted on a shelf in front of the bed.

The free breakfast was fine although I wish hotels that offer Sunday breakfast would extend their hours until 11:00am.

One more note: make sure your map search engine is updated as my preferred source would have had us driving through a wall of one of the offices in the adjacent business park.

If you've got a party of up to four, this is a solid place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

On a recent visit to New Jersey for a family reunion we stayed at this hotel. We chose it because, being vegan, we need to be able to prepare our own meals if there aren't restaurants to accommodate us. The room was very comfortable and the staff was very pleasant and helpful.

We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Cranbury? Share your experiences!