“Hard to Beat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zinna's Bistro

Zinna's Bistro
1275 South River Road, Additional Entrance off of Route 130 N, Cranbury, NJ 08512
+1 609-860-9600
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zinna's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Cranbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Zinna's Bistro is a family-owned and operated Italian-American bistro that opened in January 2010. It is one of the hidden gems that make up the treasured Cranbury community. At Zinna's, we believe good food is simple food made with the freshest, highest quality ingredients available including a variety of produce that grows in our very own on-premise garden.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hard to Beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Each visit is better than the last. Although we usually dine on the truly "al fresco" patio complete with grapevines and an extensive garden from which the kitchen prepares meals in-season, eating indoors was satisfying as well.

Ownership obviously cares (and has talent). Their capabilities are quite impressive. Our Chicken Eduardo last night was sublime—tender chicken breasts, lump crab meat and asparagus over penne with a mellow, just-rich-and-spiced-enough pink tomato sauce. My dining companion was also delighted with his Risotto Autunno, but still spent an awful lot of time stealing from my plate!

Dining on the road between Boston and Miami is not always this exceptional. We look forward to visiting Zinna's prior to every trip.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zinnas S, Manager at Zinna's Bistro, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review! It means a lot that you took the time to write this!!!

Portland, Oregon
“Lovely food, lovely service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

At the end of long drive and a day of family reunion and fun we were tired. We are retired, my husband is the youngest son of the youngest son of a family of 10 children. The first cousins range in age from 68 to 92 years of age. We brought two of our cousins from Long Island to visit the matriarch cousin now living near Cranbury in an assisted living facility.
We were looking for a quiet place to have dinner and were directed to Zinna's Bistro, literally across the highway from where we were staying.
We each had a different entrée and all of them were great. In my case I had a pasta with a tomato sauce that tasted like fresh tomato. As good as when I pick the tomatoes from my garden and make it fresh. Our two cousins also had pasta dishes that were beautifully presented and well prepared. My husband had a Chicken dish that he loved.
We had our meals and a bottle of wine for $112. Very reasonable.
Not sure about families with children. Wish you had a NA or Don't know. As someone without children it seemed more like an adult rather than family restaurant, depends on the age and temperament of the children.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zinnas S, Owner at Zinna's Bistro, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your experience, thank you for taking the time to write this!

New York City, New York
“Maybe it's the takeout?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've had takeout twice from Zinna's in the past month (I was traveling on business & staying at the Residence Inn next door). The first time I was craving a salad so I got a pretty standard salad with grilled chicken. Well, the dressing was watery & the chicken wasn't cooked all the way through. I ate about half because I was starving & then just tossed the rest.

I gave the place another chance the following week thinking maybe it was an off night. This time I got a pasta primavera & side caesar salad. The pasta tin was filled with liquid (grease maybe?) and there were FAR too many tomatoes in it. I had to drain the pasta in the hotel sink in order to eat it. The caesar salad was fine but it had tomatoes in it....there should NOT be tomatoes in a caesar salad.

I'm not sure if I will give this place a 3rd chance when it's disappointed me twice.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Zinnas S, Manager at Zinna's Bistro, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hello DaniC,

On behalf of the management of Zinna's Bistro, I would like to apologize for the poor experience you have had with your recent take-out orders. For future knowledge, our Caesar salads are different than most other restaurants, and they do include roasted tomatoes. However, all of our menu items are made-to-order, and we can accommodate any particular preferences you may have. I'm sorry again for the disappointment, and I hope you consider Zinna's again in the future.
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice customer dinner at Zinna's tonight. We were greeted warmly at the door. The servers are all very nice.
Our meals came out promptly as ordered. Everyone liked their salads and appitizers. The entrees were very good. My chicken Francais was excellent. We also had the salmon, ribs, penne vodka sauces and ravioli. The ribs were good, but could have been more tender.
Zinna's is BYOB, but they do serve local NJ wine. We had the Cabernet Franco, and it was very good.
Our waitress, Kristina, provided excellent service and she was prompt with the bill and processing it for payment.
The venue is very nice. Plenty of tables.
There is plenty of parking.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Zinnas S, Owner at Zinna's Bistro, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review!!! Glad you enjoyed it!

Cranbury, New Jersey, United States
“Good local fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

During the spring/summer season you get fresh produce right from Zinna's garden that is behind the restaurant...can't get any fresher than that. Always plenty to eat on the dishes you order too!
BYOB is nice too with a pasta entree or a special entree.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Zinnas S, Owner at Zinna's Bistro, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hi!! Just wanted to thank you for writing the positive review!! Hope to see you again soon!!