“good times, good wines” 5 of 5 stars

New York City, New York
26 attraction reviews
“good times, good wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My mother and I went one afternoon to Brook Hollow and had a blast. We like to visit wineries not only for the wine but the atmosphere of the land and people. My mother's friend gave us her wine glasses from her trip here one day which means we did not have to pay to taste any wines. For first comers to Brook Hollow it is $5 but you get a lot wines to sample. It is a win-win.

My mother and I have different tastes for wines. If you prefer wines on the drier side, Brook Hollow is the place for you. They do have one sweet wine to taste but don't let that stop you.

If you are extremely lucky you will get to meet one staff member, Dennis. We could have stayed all afternoon talking to Dennis. He is very passionate and knows what he is talking about and makes the experience that much better. He even gave us a little tour. I would go back just to talk to him and the one daughter of the winemaker.

Visited September 2013
paul r, Owner at Brook hollow winery, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for visiting the winery and your kind words for Dennis and my daughter. We strive to make every visit for all of our customers a memorable and enjoyable time. We feel that all of our customers are family and truly want you to forget about everything while visiting us and just relax and have fun. Hope to see you back on the porch enjoying a glass of wine soon!

13 attraction reviews
“Interesting collection of wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped into try their wines. I was not a fan of the white wines. Too grassy for my taste. I did enjoy the red wines. We ended up with a case.

Visited August 2013
Franklinville, New Jersey, United States
17 attraction reviews
“poor quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We are sweet wine lovers. The only sweet wines available were cranberry. After tasting then we found them on the dry side, but with a robust cranberry flavor. We bought a couple bottles to take with us. The alcohol content was advertised to be 13%+, after opening the first bottle we found the wine to be watery and weak, way less than 6%.

Visited June 2013
paul r, Owner at Brook hollow winery, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I apologize for your recent wine purchase you were not happy with. There are two points I would like to address in your review and they are that you stated that you tasted the wine and enjoyed its robust flavor in the winery but when you got home and opened it it tasted watery. I am not sure how this could happen as we pull all of our wine used for tasting in the winery from our retail shelf so you are tasting the exact wine you purchase. My only thought here is that you may have placed ice in it at home to chill it resulting in a thinner taste to the wine. Second point is that you suggest that the alcohol content is not what is stated on the bottle. We are federally regulated and send all of our wines out to a lab to be tested for alcohol content. The results of these tests are then reported to the federal government upon label approval and are only printed on the label after their approval. I am not sure where you got the 6% content you stated the wine was. Again we strive to please all of our customers and make a good product, my apologies for your disappointment .
Marina del Rey, California
17 attraction reviews
“Drink wine and support wolves!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I went to the Brook Hollow Winery this weekend. They have a brand new tasting room with acoustic music, $5 wine tastings, and food. They give you the wine glass and you can go back for free wine tastings for an unlimited amount of times. I purchased a bottle of charity wine were some of the money goes to the Wolf foundation.

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful and Perfect Weekend Activity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to the Brook Hollow Winery this weekend and it was so much fun! They have acoustic music, $5 wine tastings, and great wine. They give you the wine glass and you can go back for free wine tastings for an unlimited amount of times! Such a relaxing way to end my weekend yesterday. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Go and take in the atmosphere!!

Visited July 2013