“Works for me!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Clinton

You added Holiday Inn Clinton to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Clinton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 West Main Street, Clinton, NJ 08809 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Clinton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
“Works for me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Last weekend I stayed 1 night and was more than satisfied in all respects. The woman at the front desk was great, the room was clean and comfortable and the shower strong and hot. I didn't eat at the hotel or use the other amenities, so I can't comment on them. The friend I was visiting told me he always recommends the hotel to his guests and has received only positive comments.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Annadale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Losing power during sandy was bad but staying here was the right choice. The hotel had problems too but the service and sleeping arrangements were great during our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Asbury, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We headed to this hotel after loosing power because of Hurricane Sandy, when we got there they had power and we were really happy since the whole Clinton district was in the dark. We went up to the suite (311) and 15 min later the hotel power shut down. We waited because they said the had a generator "just in case" but what happens it's that the generator was only enough to light up the corridors, and the lights in the lobby! We didn't get any information about if they were getting the light back or not for at least 30 min, and when we did, the staff just said that they didn't know. We ended up sleeping in the hotel in the pitch black, we checked out the next morning and we went to other hotel in PA.
Our suite was fine with a porch looking over the indoor pool, but we didn't get to enjoy since the hotel had no electricity.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here as it was the only hotel within 50 miles or so that had availability two weeks after the hurricane.

Exterior was nicer than in the pictures. Lobby floor could use updating, but was clean and functional. Room was surprisingly large and seemed clean. Oddly, there was no doorknob on the bathroom door upon check in, but it was installed after my first night.

Internet speed was acceptable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I didn't read reviews for this hotel until I was sitting in my room, so thank you preview posters for making me itch and wonder about catching a teams illness. However, my experience was perfectly fine. Pulling up to the hotel was interesting. It looks like a holiday inn corporate office more than a hotel. They are in the middle of renovating, and the decor is so random I am not sure what is new and what is old. Either way, I don't care. My room was clean and comfortable and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
The bar is really weird. I couldn't tell who was working and who was just hanging out because everyone was sitting around watching tv and eating. I don't really feel like the bar has anything to do with the hotel, so i am not holding that against the holiday inn. I found the pool area to be very nice. I walked through it to sit out on the nice outdoor seating area and eat my take out.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. If nothing else I want to see the final product from the remodel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

i stayed in room 319 on 9/25/12. I arrived after 9pm and went down to the lounge for something to eat. In the lounge, I ordered a draft beer - there was scum floating in the glass. I showed the bartender, her answer a dirty glass. At that point, i ordered a bottle of beer. She continued to tap beer, at least 30 by my count - all had scum floating in glass. Actually at bottom of tap, a PVC pipe with black stuff on it - looked like mold. I informed front desk, food and beverage manager, holiday inn hotels - to date, not a call from anyone. Besides this, there was food spilled on furniture. In the pool area, there was furniture pushed over, broken beer bottles and glasses all over the patio area. A health hazard and danger to guests.

Room Tip: do not stay there
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear mpbutterworth,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

What an amazing stay here at this Holiday Inn we loved everything I was driving along the high way and saw this hotel and stopped for the night. Now i was alone so I really just needed somewhere st stay when i checked in the lady at the desk Betty greated me and I feeled like family the room was amazing and i could have been happy with my stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!