“Excellent!!! Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Clinton, New Jersey
“Excellent!!! Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I held a christening party for our twins with about 50 friends and family. Prices were very comparable to many other restaurants we had inquired about except Dora was the only BYO. Going with BYO would cut down on cost substantially and we knew the food was very good at Dora so we booked it. Dora easily accomodated a party of our size and set the tables up so we were not too crowded. Prior to the christening, we had stopped by to drop off the beer/wine & a cake. The guys at Dora quickly came out to help lift the coolers and cake! During our party, waiters were always there to refill glasses and keep tables clear. There was no rush by them to start our dinner service as they patiently waited for all of our guests to arrive. We started with pasta appetizer and a mixed green salad, both were very tastey. Main couse had three options: chicken parm, flounder francese & veal piccata. All of our guests raved how delicious each of their dinners were! I had the veal which was so tender and flavorful. My wife had the flounder which tasted very fresh, I asked for a second bite later but it was all gone. Desert was a cake we brought and a tiramisu from Dora, which was absolutely fantastic!!
Overall, this was a great party with excellent food by Dora!!! Not one complaint other than wish I could have ate all 3 of the dinners!!! I highly recommend Dora for dinner or a party. We'll be heading back there for sure! Thank you Dora for helping make our special day one to remember.

• Visited February 2013

South Brunswick, New Jersey
“Unbelievabley yummy and romantic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I kept stopping during dinner to comment how delicious the food was. Definitely going back! BYOB too saves significant money.

Visited February 2013
Asbury, New Jersey
“Our Favorite BYOB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Dora is our favorite BYOB and for seasonal outside eating. The service is impeccable. They simply cannot do enough for loyal customers. Dependable Mediterranean cuisine. The best Eggplant Rollatini, Veal Chops, Salmon and Seabass around. White tablecloths inside. Gracious waiters.

Visited January 2013
Milford, New Jersey
“The chef at Dora's knows sauce.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If I’m going to venture out in frigid weather, it had better be for a meal worth the trip. I’ve been going to Dora’s for years and they never disappoint. This attractive BYOB serves appetizing meals in an attractive, spotless setting. On this visit, seared scallops on a bed of lightly garlic flavored spinach was an excellent appetizer. The cannelloni was delicious with a light, fresh tomato sauce. The chef at Dora’s knows sauce.

The serving staff comes from a variety of places similar to many establishments in Italy. At Dora’s they are always professional and helpful. They are just as accommodating in the summer when the attractive outdoor patio requires extra steps. Just a few more months to wait for alfresco dining at Dora’s which is a real treat, but until then I’ll just have to settle for delicious food in a pleasant indoor setting.

• Visited January 2013
Bridgewater, NJ
“Dora's in Clinton - Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I have dined at Dora's for over 5 years. It is a BYOB and is located in charming Clinton, NJ. The food is always consistently great. Their homemade ravioli is exceptional. My husband always gets the ravioli bolognese and it will not disappoint. I usually get their ribeye steak medium rare and is always done to perfection! Everything on the menu is excellent. It's one of our favorite restaurants. Definitely worth the trip!

• Visited November 2012