“Good breakfast place.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Clinton, New Jersey
“Good breakfast place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you like to eat a large breakfast this is the place for you. We come often with visiting family and always find room. Owners are always there to greet you.

Visited July 2012

Bloomingdale
“NOT ALLERGY FRIENDLY!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Told the waiter that I have a peanut/tree nut allergy. My dinner was served with a side of green beans with ALMONDS! All he had to say was he was sorry. When I asked for the manager, she tried to explain that the main dinner is made on a separate side from the vegetables. She was not understanding what I was trying to explain to her about my allergy. She sent over the owner, who happened to be her huband. He was not understanding at all and told me that if I have an allergy, maybe I shouldn't be going out to eat!!! WHAT?????? My husband and I have gone to places alot nicer then County Griddle and the employees are always very accomodating. Needless to say, we will never be eating here ever again!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Great breakfast place!! Dinner not so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is my favorite place for breakfast: hearty meal at a good price, There is something for everyone: eggs, pancakes, waffles (including multi grain), potato pancakes... and on and on.
Breakfast is plentiful, and service is generally swift, though on very busy mornings, such as mother's day, they do get a little bogged down.
. I love that they place a full carafe of coffee on your table so you dont have to keep bugging a waitress for refills !

I am not a fan of dinner, it is really pretty much typical diner food, and for that I'd rather go to a diner, where you get more choices and a little better price. Its a bit pricey for you get for dinner. I often like a big salad for dinner and I find the salads small and uncreative. Burgers are decent, wrap sandwiches are good.

There is a bar here, so you can get a drink if you like. I understand that on weekend nights the bar scene is good for the younger crowd ( 20 somethings) --and it can be a very crowded bar on traditional holiday weekends like Thanksgiving when the college kids are all home.

I highly recommend the Country Griddle for breakfast, and it is very family friendly.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lebanon, NJ
“Very unimpressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We went here for breakfast one morning and i'm pretty sure they use imitation eggs. They were bright yellow and had no flavor!! The hash browns were better than the eggs, but again not much flavor and undercooked.
The menu is absolutely huge, and our service was good, but nothing could make up for the food. I didn't even eat my omelet.

Visited January 2012
New York City, New York
“Substantial, a bargain, and hearty. Plus, close to the highway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stopped at this place with a friend the other day. I have seen it from the highway and it always has had cars in the lot, so we stopped in to see how it was. As the name implies, this is not haute cuisine. It is a very large restaurant, with a country theme, huge menu, lots of big eaters, and reasonable prices. The portions were very generous. We were there for breakfast. An order of oatmeal ($2,50) was huge, and it was delicious, although there was too much to finish. A side of bacon was probably at least five well-cooked slices for $2.50. Nothing wimpy about these bacon strips. The hash browns ($1.99), requested well done, were not, but were good regardless. A breakfast sandwich with two eggs, cheese and bacon was a delicious bargain at $4.50, And on and on. Huge trays of five-stack pancakes with sides went by for other tables and they were enormous and under $7. In fact, I don't think anything on the menu for breakfast exceeded $7.50. The restrooms were clean and while the ambiance was not at all fancy, the waitstaff were friendly, there was plenty of free parking, and the service was prompt. The also have a very large menu for lunch and dinner, again reasonably priced and my hunch is that the portions remain huge. A children's menu was larger than most. I think that I saw some kind of a bar on the way in, but did not explore that.

If you are on the road in Clinton, NJ, this is a good stop for a major fill-up.

• Visited May 2012