“We had a nice stay despite what some other reviews are saying.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Pittsburgh PA
“We had a nice stay despite what some other reviews are saying.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I booked a 1 night Saturday stay for my sister and I the day before. We were going to a funeral in Clinton. The other hotel had no availabilty. I had read reviews for the 2 Clinton hotels. We initially booked a King with a pull out sofa. I asked if there was any chance for 2 beds. Not at that time but check when we arrive. They were able to accomodate us with 2 double beds. We were on the 4th floor which is part smoking. There was some cigarette smell in the hall but our room was just fine. The room was clean, breakfast area was well stocked and worked well for us. There is a Cracker Barrel right next to the hotel as well, you can walk to it. We spent a fair amount of time in the room and we were quite comfortable. We had no problems and we had a very pleasant stay considering that we were there for a funeral. Staff was friendly and helpful, no complaints. I did notice that there were at least two luggage carts available when we checked in. Our only problem were some late check ins, they were in and out of their room several times after 11pm.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boulder City, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Fake down comforter very lumpy. Asked three times for it to be replaced. Came in every night and it was still there. Expect better for
$150.00@ night. Mr. Hilton would not be pleased.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This hotel is perfect if you are looking for a clean place to stay in the area. A bit pricier than I might have expected for the area, but the hotel appears to have been updated.
My son left his retainer in the room and they sent it to us on Monday. First time I have left something in a hotel and had it returned.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fredericton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

VERY poor value for the price. I have had better amenities and service at a $50 hotel (this one cost $105 at AAA rates). Staff has feigned friendliness but are indifferent and totally useless when the slightest problem arises- like having only ONE luggage cart for the entire hotel!!!!!! - and having to lug luggage for 5 people to our room by hand. I only ever saw ONE luggage cart during our entire stay - when I mentioned this to the front desk I got a blank stare and shrugged shoulders - like "whatever"! 3 of the 4 units in the exercise room were not working - just a coincidence for our 1 night stay - like the burntout light in our bathroom - need I go on ... it seems that maintenace at this hotel was a budget cut! Breakfast was OK at best - not what your would expect for a "full" breakfast.

I will never stay at a Hampton Inn again. Just for interest I stayed at LaQuinta and Drury the last few nights and got email satisfaction surveys from them - but not this Hampton Inn - why am I surprised :) My advice - stay somewhere else in this area - there MUST be be better value for the maney than this!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

This Hampton Inn is older and thus not as modern as some newer ones but was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the amenities were fine. The room had a good-sized TV, free internet access, and a coffee maker. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was fine -- you could make waffles, there were several coffee selections, sausage, eggs, etc. The lady at the front desk was also responsible for organizing the lobby area and thus the front desk wasn't always staffed, but she was very friendly. Unfortunately, the walls were really thin and children running through the halls and a dog barking kept us up.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

They took care of me. Had a medical problem with a low sugar they open the juice machine and kept it open all night just in case i had any other problem's during the night. THANK YOU ALL for looking out for me. Mr&Mrs.Hendershot and again thank you.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hudson Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

I echo a previous review... unless you smoke, stay off the 4th floor. It is the only one with smoking rooms. If you are a non-smoker, you gag as you get off the elevator. I didn't realize this or I would have changed rooms upon checkin. I think they should ask you upon check in if this bothers you. My room was on the far end of the floor from the 5-6 smoking rooms, and you were OK by the time you get down the hall a ways. The room itself was smoke/smell free.

The hotel was easy on and off I78. Several good restaurants nearby, including the popular chain, The Cracker Barrel adjoining the hotel lot.

Otherwise, the room was clean and roomy. Bed was very comfortable. Internet service was easy to connect a very good..

The free breakfast was reasonable. I was there most of the week and the selection was different every day.. some better than others. Coffee was good & hot. Fresh waffles was available for you to make every day. Strange toaster.. had 2 long slots so 2 pieces of bread could fit per side, but only one lever, so it was only good for one person at a time.... unless you got someone to share a use...

OVerall would stay again... just not on the 4th floor.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!