“not great.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Coral Springs, Florida
“not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

the water in the shower could not be regulated to a comfortable tempurature. Dim lighting, but some of this was fixed quickly. The water on our last morning was brown, and no one called to let us know there had been a main break in the city. It was truly gross.

The rooms could use some updating. The front desk staff does not know the hotel well. We had asked for adjoining rooms, and were told they don't have any, but when we got to our rooms, they were adjoining!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel has an extremely complicated floor plan and that is basically the top floors are different from the bottom floor and so they don't connect. I got totally lost.

I went out this door which is what I thought was the backdoor but it was to a fenced yard. When the door shut, I cannot open it even with my key. I was trapped and had to climb the steel fence to get out!

I finally found my way back to lobby and was bombarded with a huge group of tourists. Since this hotel is extremely cheap, it will attract cheap crowds visiting NYC.

They literally stuffed the elevators and I cannot find the stairs. Even if you find the stairs, it's going to be hard to find your way up - remember the intricated floor plans?

I see a lot of people hanging out outside that look like locals. I'm thinking it's so cheap here they probably just living in this place as a home.

This was obviously a rough night for me so when I finally arrived in my room, I was relieved but only to find that my room smelled like a garbage can. It smelled so bad that I try to shorten my stay here but they would not let me so I left anyway because it was torture.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I don't know why everyone is saying bad things about this hotel. When I arrived the ceiling was leaking in lobb6 but fixed that day . The room was not bad at all 1 to 10 clean wise is a 7. Had a little problem with jacuzzi but also fixed that day then there was a air conditioner but again fixed right away. I know no of this should have happened but I was giving a free night because of it all and my experience was nice great employees and all. Elevators riders beware little scary.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Brunswick, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We travel with our 50 lb. midsized dog. Areas outside to walk the dog. Hotel is extremely dog friendly. Also, a Red Robin restaurant is attached to the hotel. Just about 8 miles from the Lincoln Tunnel. They have a shuttle that goes into NYC twice in the morning at a valued price. It does cater to Student Trips, so if you can put up with Teens at breakfast, or at the pool, that is the only time you normally hear them. We've stayed at this location about 6 times now, and we'll be back. Only downside is that breakfast is bland, but it is at most restaurants at this price point.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Winnetka, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Not super convenient to NYC but the savings make La Quinta a good choice relative to closer hotels. A Red Robin adjoins for easy access for meals. The free hot breakfast is an added plus. Have family in area so will stay here regularly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Pleased with location, staff was friendly, nice pool was nice, has exercise room with exercise equipment, breakfast was good as was the coffee, beds comfy, was clean -- enjoyable stay so close to NY city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Woodstock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here with my family. 2 kids, 2 adults. The hotel is in an excellent location. Close to shopping, food and NYC.
They offer a shuttle into NYC daily for only $8 per person. It was a great way to see the city for a day.
From the hotel we drove to Hoboken, newark and red bank. All were an easy drive from hotel. Not a far drive from prudential centre either.
Hotel provides a free breakfast and it was tasty and provided variety.

The downfall.. The hotel is very old and in need of repairs which are being done. This will take time however. In my opinion the hotel should close down while certain things get done and then re-open. The elevators did not work for our entire stay. This was an issue for us. After walking 12 hours in NYC I did not want to climb stairs.

This was rectified for me by the manager. Customer service was excellent when issues arose.

I would stay here again but only after updates completed.

Stayed April 2014

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton? Share your experiences!