“Needs Updated” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Needs Updated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here on a bus trip to New York City. So, I did not choose the hotel. Our room was on the first floor and smelled really musty. The smell gave me the creeps when I walked into the room. The hallway leading to the room was dark, damp, and smelly. The room smelled just about as bad. It was clean, just smelled bad. In the morning, when getting up at 6am, found that the shower didn't work. I called the front desk, and the man wasn't very nice. He said, "You just aren't doing it right". I travel a fair amount, and I have enough experience turning "non-home" showers on and besides that, there are only so many ways to do it. He told me he would come and "show me how to do it". I went back into bathroom and pulled the faucet really hard, and it came on. Must have been not used for awhile and stuck. Good thing, cause when I tried to call front dest back, no one answered, and no one ever came to my room either.
My daughter and I went to a friend's room on third floor that night, and the hallway smelled so bad (like throw up) that we held our breath.
No flat screen in our room-had an older model TV. We didn't even turn it on though.
Breakfast was not too bad. fair variety of choices. Lobby decent looking, but small common area.
This hotel is in drastic need of a makeover. Pictures on website are very deceiving. About an hour away from the city depending on traffic. Next time, I will stay either in the city or somewhere else in Clifton. There are other hotels nearby.

Room Tip: ask for a room on higher floors- doesn't smell as bad up there as on first floor
Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was a really good hotel in a nice area to New Jersey. I had the pleasure of staying there while I was displaced by Hurricane Sanday. The room was really big and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful especially Gabriella and Jose. There was a free breakfast in the morning. There is also a Target within walking distance of the hotel. There is also a bus 2 blocks away that goes into NYC

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was our first time @ La Quinta. I travel frequently and most often with my pet. Our room on the top floor (fourth) was spacious, comfortable and nicely ( modern) furnished. The king size bed with luxurious sheets made sleep divine. The Inn sits just off a major highway yet is amazingly quiet inside. Gabriella at the welcome desk made our stay. The Inn was very busy for the Thanksgiving Holiday yet she ensured we had everything we could possibly want including warm towels to enjoy the large pool and spa. She could not have made us feel more WELCOME. We will back to La Quinta Clifton. It was a terrific value, no drama relaxing stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Having read some negative reviews on my return I have to admit I was surprised. Our room was very nice, very clean, bathroom was spotless, flat screen tv, although I was hardly there too much to watch it. Breakfast was good too. Staff on desk were very good. I stayed there after 3 night in NY as I had a wedding to attend in NJ and I thought it was a very good hotel for the money. Next time I'm in NJ I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed here twice and I recommend it to anyone traveling to NYC. Great value for the location and excellent staff. Staff members are always very helpful and friendly. This hotel is located close to New Jersey bus line that travels into NYC, definitely a great convenience for those on a budget. The breakfast offered in the morning is a nice start to the day and the hotel is attached to Red Robin and close to several other area restaurants. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

The tv doesnt work, the phone neither, the location is horrible plus because of the traffic its so long to get to nyc, the bathroom is awful and filthy. They painted our door while we were there so the smell was intoxicating. The worst part is that i found bugs. Really trashy dont ever come here. Ps: the walls are not sound-proof at all, you can hear your neighboor fart.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton? Share your experiences!