“Gabriella @ front desk was welcoming, helpful and professional.” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   265 Route 3 East, Clifton, NJ 07014   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
A TripAdvisor Member
“Gabriella @ front desk was welcoming, helpful and professional.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was our first time @ La Quinta. I travel frequently and most often with my pet. Our room on the top floor (fourth) was spacious, comfortable and nicely ( modern) furnished. The king size bed with luxurious sheets made sleep divine. The Inn sits just off a major highway yet is amazingly quiet inside. Gabriella at the welcome desk made our stay. The Inn was very busy for the Thanksgiving Holiday yet she ensured we had everything we could possibly want including warm towels to enjoy the large pool and spa. She could not have made us feel more WELCOME. We will back to La Quinta Clifton. It was a terrific value, no drama relaxing stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Having read some negative reviews on my return I have to admit I was surprised. Our room was very nice, very clean, bathroom was spotless, flat screen tv, although I was hardly there too much to watch it. Breakfast was good too. Staff on desk were very good. I stayed there after 3 night in NY as I had a wedding to attend in NJ and I thought it was a very good hotel for the money. Next time I'm in NJ I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed here twice and I recommend it to anyone traveling to NYC. Great value for the location and excellent staff. Staff members are always very helpful and friendly. This hotel is located close to New Jersey bus line that travels into NYC, definitely a great convenience for those on a budget. The breakfast offered in the morning is a nice start to the day and the hotel is attached to Red Robin and close to several other area restaurants. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The tv doesnt work, the phone neither, the location is horrible plus because of the traffic its so long to get to nyc, the bathroom is awful and filthy. They painted our door while we were there so the smell was intoxicating. The worst part is that i found bugs. Really trashy dont ever come here. Ps: the walls are not sound-proof at all, you can hear your neighboor fart.

• Stayed November 2011
Cedar Park, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Cannot believe the smell of dead air and mold that hit me and followed me all the way to my room upon arrival. I had to immediately cancel my reservation and scramble for a place to stay at the last minute.
The hotel was dingy, dank, musky smelling and outdated, totally taking me by surprise because I've had very good experiences at several other La Quinta's before.
The online pics were very deceiving...

Room Tip: I cannot recommend this hotel, even if the price was right...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel is badly needing refurbished. The rooms are clean, but terrible odour. Halls dingy and carpets smelly. Dogs are allowed anywhere in the hotel. Garbage outside is not picked up for days. The front desk service is efficient and friendly. About 1 hour from NYC depending on the traffic. We were on a bus tour and had no control over the the hotel choice or location. If you are visiting NYC, my advice would be to stay in the City even though it will cost you a little more money, it would be well worth it.

Room Tip: Just don't go to this hotel unless you check it out that it has been refurbished.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton? Share your experiences!