We were looking for a cheap stay near the NYC area. We got a great price on the hotel, but as many have said before me...you get what you pay for!
First moments in the hotel were a good indication of what my stay would be like. It took 10 minutes before anybody came to see me at the check in counter...they kept saying one moment, wont be long. During this time we can see them talking in the back room to themselves.
On my way to my room you can already smell the scent or some kind of cheap rosy perfume, which covered up the smell of god knows what!!!
Room was extremely humid and had the same cheap rosy smell.
Small blood stains caused most likely by bedbugs (I will get to that later)
Staff was very helpful in informing me about the best way to get to the city. They looked at me like I was an [--] tourist.
The bed bugs!!! Didnt see them, but they sure bit the hell out of me. Its been about a week from my return and have about 100 bites all over my body!!!
Let em say that Im filling a complaint with the head office!!!
Please reconsider, pay a few bucks more for a decent place!!!
I forgot to mention the water dripping in the hallway from the ceiling!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 7 Miles from New York City, Manhattan. 3 Miles from MetLife Stadium, Super Bowl 2014 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Clifton NJ reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn - Clifton Hotel Clifton
- Howard Johnson Hotel Clifton
- Howard Johnson Clifton
- Clifton Howard Johnson