“Service is bad” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Service is bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I went there on the way to the city. We had heard they were wonderful. We ordered a cheese steak and a Reuben sandwich to share. The food was wonderful and the portions were huge. The problem was with our waitress. I must preface this to say it was late afternoon, and they weren't busy. We asked for coffee, and she brought the coffee out and our food and then disappeared. My wife had no utensils, and nobody was around so I got up and took a set from another table. Then I had to grab another waiter for ketshup. We wanted refills on our coffee. I got the attention of another waitress for that. I asked her if our girl was going to split the small tip with her. I also asked what happened to our waitress??? She went looking for her. She finally came around with the bill. We really enjoyed the meal, but will have to think twice about going back on our next trip to the city.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very disappointed for first visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had always heard great things about the Tick Tock so I was excited to be able to get there on Sat December 7th on my way out of NYC. We were seated promptly and the waitress, Jennifer came over. We got our drinks and everything went down hill after that. We placed our order and the soup came out. it was supposed to be Lobster Bisque but was filled with imitation crab meat, definitely not Lobster Bisque. When the meals came the fries were all cold and soggy as were the onion rings. The gentleman that ordered the Prime Rib Special never got his potatoe and veg until he was almost done with his prime rib. When we asked about the potatoe and veg Jennifer snapped at us that she had to wait for the kitchen. I asked for another beverage and never got it. When we were finally done the one person was going to get rice pudding, at that point we again all asked for more drinks. After 15 minutes of waiting for the rice pudding and drinks and they never arrived we asked for the check as we had to get on the road. I have to say that I have been to many diners, especially Jersey Diners and this was one of the worst experiences I have had. I had heard from others it is a great place but my first impression was definitely not a positive one.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wayne, New Jersey
“Been good for a long time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Every time we eat at this diner, the food has always been good. Our last vist here was no exception. Service was good, as it is most of the time. There are tons of diners in New Jersey and this is one of the better ones.

• Visited December 2013
New York, New York, United States
“A Busy Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was interested in eating here because Guy Fieri on the Food Network did a show here. The parking lot was packed. Customers were going in and coming out as we arrived. The hostess was very nice. We were seated in a matter of minutes in a dining room that had almost every table occupied. It was the Thanksgiving weekend so my expectations were a little lower than usual. Staff in a restaurant is always stressed on a holiday. There was the charm of old time diner decor. It's not all shiny and new looking, but there's nothing shabby either. It has a real 50s feel. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. She brought us menus right away and the busboy gave us water. She took our order in a timely fashion and checked to make sure we enjoyed our food. This is a real diner, not a gourmet diner with new style cuisine. You get diner food. Our food was very good and the portions were large. We brought food home.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cumming, Georgia
“High Quality Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Our family stopped here for lunch recently while out and about visiting over the Thanksgiving holidays. Service was friendly and prompt and all food was delicious and as ordered. Prices were not inexpensive but on par for North Jersey and good value for what we received.

• Visited November 2013